Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Koren at EnkoreMakeup, I love his videos because he's so thorough and he tells you what he's going to talk about and then gets to it.

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    ^I love emilynoel! Love the quality of her videos and how she gets right down to the point.
    That's what I like, get to the point! I'm going to check her out...now.

Quote Originally Posted by LuvJones View Post
    kokofemme

I used to sub to lipshock, but her make up always looks like SO much to me...like her face can't breath. Her hair got to me as well. But her videos are nice.
    I'm subscribed to Kokofemme. She's a trip and she talks so loud in her videos even when I turn the volume down. She seems like just a loud individual all around.

In reference to lipshock, I'm subscribed to her as well... lol!! Her face and look is odd in such an interesting way to me, so I keep watching her videos.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Sublime Agent
    - Great skin care information and every day face. A workhorse and walking library of sound fundamentals. I love his subtlety with cosmetic treatments.
    petrilude
    - I like how he brings his dramatic looks and creative techniques with incredible range.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 06-20-2012 at 01:52 AM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So glad for this thread. Y'all have just added some new teachers to my faves.
    Last edited by pookeylou; 06-28-2012 at 12:11 AM.
    Nappy since November 11, 2003

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wandesworld. I'm usually really intimidated by youtube make up artists. I'm just starting to look into make up and I don't want to look like I'm going to a party, just kind of fix things up a bit, and she has a lot of different styles, so I like that. (And she has a hooded eyelid, which is a plus for me).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently got into BeatfaceHoney. I liked her technique and that she uses Mac and Black Opal, L'oreal and Jordana. When I first started watching her it was all MAC everything, but she's switched it up and uses some store brands as well.
    "My hair ain't never hung down to my shoulders..and it might not grow..ya never know..but I'm clevah...Erykah Badu...

Napptural since April 2007

6. Likes OHR liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorites are:

ShirleyBEniang- She's classy and has a very sophisticated young woman style. She does easy-to-do tutorials, and the looks she creates are looks that I'm most likely to try (makeup and fashion). She does look books and I've loved each one. She also does reviews on weaves and such. It isn't very useful for me, but I watch them anyway because she's from the UK and I love listening to her speak. She's can be to-the-point for the most part, but I never feel that she's blabbing. Last but not least, she's gorgeous!

EmilyNoel83- I don't watch her for her tutorials as I prefer to focus on the tutorials of WOC. What I do watch Emily for is her thorough information and reviews. She's also a former newscaster, and I actually like listening to her talk. She has a friendly but authoritative voice that makes me want to check out what she's reviewing.

DestinyGodley- I enjoy her personality and how creative her looks are. I also have noticed that she's probably one of the few YouTubers that have created several videos on color correcting, and I've learned a lot about primers from her as well. I also watch her blogging channel 1DestinyGodley because she's funny.

GossMakeupArtist- Wayne is straight to the point and gives the real deal on the products out there. The very first video I saw of his was a makeup trick he uses to conceal his under eye bags. I'm still trying to master it. What I found interesting about him was that I honestly thought he was a celebrity makeup artist, so I was surprised that he says he isn't. It doesn't change my opinion of him. I love when he makes videos that focus on how celebrities are normal people who look like us. He has a video of adult film stars without makeup and well as one on A list celebrities, where he illustrates the above point.

LiquidLinerLover- Stephanie has developed a niche, and it's in makeup application. I haven't seen her do a look book video, a weave tutorial, or anything like that. I love that I can go to her channel and know that all I will be getting is makeup tutorials. I like the fact that she embraces having a niche. I'm not sure if she knows that she's done that, but it's good for me. I also think she's less over the top compared to many other YouTube beauty gurus of color. She appears to be very down to earth. Plus, I love majority of her makeup looks.

MakeupByRenRen- Ren Ren was the first makeup guru I subscribed to years ago, and I've enjoyed the evolution of her channel, from the looks she creates to her advanced video lighting and editing. Like LiquidLinerLover, you also won't see any look books or reviews on hair or anything like that. If you want a channel that strictly makeup, Ren Ren is your woman. Ren Ren is also a professional makeup artists, and I'm starting to see the difference between someone who is only good at applying makeup on themselves versus someone who can not only do her own makeup well, but also the makeup of others.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12