Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for posting your regimen, ChelWren! And thanks for asking all the right questions, AfroIsland I'm between BSL and MBL, and realizing that I'll have to be MUCH more disciplined to get past it. I like the idea of bunning for long periods of time - I do that sometimes right after a wash and sometimes wear the bun for a week or so before taking it down and moisturizing. I'll probably start doing that regularly and just make a point to moisturize more often. I think your detangling routine would cause me lots more breakage, though. Recently, I've been finger detangling as needed, several times a month. I used only my fingers to detangle for about 2-3 months, and noticed I was retaining noticeably more length. I used a Denman on dry hair with lots of oil and creamy conditioner to thoroughly detangle in small sections and clean out all the shed hair about 3 weeks ago while twisting, and didn't lose nearly as much hair as I expected. I think that as long as I keep my hair stretched, I can keep with this routine, and won't have to do serious, hours-long detangling with a tool very often, and hopefully I can retain more length.

I would LOVE to reach hip length stretched hair. If I had MBL hair when it was relaxed, SURELY I should be able to surpass that with napptural hair if I discipline myself. Hopefully

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Thanks for posting your regimen, ChelWren! And thanks for asking all the right questions, AfroIsland I'm between BSL and MBL, and realizing that I'll have to be MUCH more disciplined to get past it. I like the idea of bunning for long periods of time - I do that sometimes right after a wash and sometimes wear the bun for a week or so before taking it down and moisturizing. I'll probably start doing that regularly and just make a point to moisturize more often. I think your detangling routine would cause me lots more breakage, though. Recently, I've been finger detangling as needed, several times a month. I used only my fingers to detangle for about 2-3 months, and noticed I was retaining noticeably more length. I used a Denman on dry hair with lots of oil and creamy conditioner to thoroughly detangle in small sections and clean out all the shed hair about 3 weeks ago while twisting, and didn't lose nearly as much hair as I expected. I think that as long as I keep my hair stretched, I can keep with this routine, and won't have to do serious, hours-long detangling with a tool very often, and hopefully I can retain more length.

I would LOVE to reach hip length stretched hair. If I had MBL hair when it was relaxed, SURELY I should be able to surpass that with napptural hair if I discipline myself. Hopefully
    I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time!

Regarding the bolded, most of my detangling is done with my fingers an wide tooth comb. Using my Tangle Teezer and Denman is to catch any snags I may have left behind. I usually run the brushes through once each. Also, I like the way the brushes clump my curls together.
    Hair Photos: http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren
    Crafts & Fitness Tumblr: http://omystitch.tumblr.com

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *looks around*

*waves*
    Seems that I'm closer to hip length without trying/noticing at all. Had my hair trimmed earlier today when I noticed my hairdresser bending down to cut...I asked her was anything wrong and she . "Your hair is past the middle of your back." Then she pulled on some. Then she said..."your hair is near the small of your back." I had no. idea. Sorry about my dark top.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	75.0 KB 
ID:	2325

Name:	002.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	92.3 KB 
ID:	2326

Name:	003.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	82.1 KB 
ID:	2327

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very nice. And a lot of shrinkage, too! I have a ton of shrinkage, and online, I haven't seen pics of hair that long that also has a lot of shrinkage.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

5. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meraki View Post
    Very nice. And a lot of shrinkage, too! I have a ton of shrinkage, and online, I haven't seen pics of hair that long that also has a lot of shrinkage.
    ^Our hair so unique, isn't it? All this time I thought I had maybe 30-40% shrinkage, when in fact, it's more like 50%. Most of it isn't tightly coiled when I detangle, though. That's what fooled me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    ^Our hair so unique, isn't it? All this time I thought I had maybe 30-40% shrinkage, when in fact, it's more like 50%. Most of it isn't tightly coiled when I detangle, though. That's what fooled me.

I was talking about the OP, but I see that you fit the bill as well!

I'm always shocked (as are others) at how long my hair is. The back is WL, but it can shrink up to at least chin-length.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by meraki View Post
    I was talking about the OP, but I see that you fit the bill as well!
    I'm always shocked (as are others) at how long my hair is. The back is WL, but it can shrink up to at least chin-length.
    oops! mea culpa, meraki!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

same thing for me. my friend asked me the other day if i had cut my hair. i had not. but i did a wash n go. that thing shrunk up to like my ears.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's amazing that our hair can shrink so much. I know that I have more than 50% shrinkage. My hair is barely touching my shoulders when dry, is a little past my shoulders when wet, and while stretched, my hair is hip length.

Name:	tumblr_m8cnahKgmC1rripeyo1_500.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	83.7 KB 
ID:	8218
    Hair Photos: http://s1062.photobucket.com/albums/t497/ChelWren
    Crafts & Fitness Tumblr: http://omystitch.tumblr.com

11. Likes TrinicanBeauty liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bumping this thread cause the "grow super long hair" bug has bitten me something terrible .

I'm pretty happy with the progress I made this year (a little length and thickness), and I've finally found which PS actually work for me. 2013 is going to be the year that I get WL and then some .

13. Likes TrinicanBeauty liked this post
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast