Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool Curly Soft Virtual Braidloc Buddy??

I am just 4 months into my braidloc journey and even though this is my second time locing my hair I have soo many questions. I have looked online at many braidloc albums but the hair texture is different from mine and they may have started their braids on shorter hair. I am looking for someone with soft curly hair just to connect and share some experiences.
    You can see my hair at www.sweetsbraidlocjourney.wordpress.com

:-)
    "I wouldn't perm my hair any quicker than I would bleach my skin. I believe my hair is strong as ME"
    "Accepting and Loving Black hair is as challenging as being comfortable with your weight or skin tone...Embrace YOURself, Understand YOUR texture, and WoRkIt!"
    "Don't Relax your hair Relax your MIND!"
    [url]www.sweetsbraidlocjourney.wordpress.com[/url]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do...and I'm about 5 months myself. I'm not sure if mine is as soft and curly as yours, but it's definitely super fine and tightly coiled, despite how thick it appears to be. Starting with braids was the best way for me to make sure they didn't come loose with washing.
    My fotki
    public.fotki.com/secretsofyayamotherhood/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair sounds like yours. Starting with braids was definitely the best way to start my locs (when I had them). I didn't have to worry too much about unraveling for the most part. I say "most part" because my hair at the crown is wavy and DOES unravel easily.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Hey

Quote Originally Posted by destinedfor greatness View Post
    I do...and I'm about 5 months myself. I'm not sure if mine is as soft and curly as yours, but it's definitely super fine and tightly coiled, despite how thick it appears to be. Starting with braids was the best way for me to make sure they didn't come loose with washing.
    Your hair looks pretty soft. You do some pretty hair styles. I am going to try the one that you say you wear to work. On your fotki you said you didnt like the way they look at this point im at the 5 month point and I feel the same way. I see that you twist and palm roll I latchhook....are you braids still skinny to you and not really poofing out??
    "I wouldn't perm my hair any quicker than I would bleach my skin. I believe my hair is strong as ME"
    "Accepting and Loving Black hair is as challenging as being comfortable with your weight or skin tone...Embrace YOURself, Understand YOUR texture, and WoRkIt!"

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They are still pretty skinny, but I can tell that they're beginning to poof out. I'm really glad too. I guess I'm starting to like them a little bit more, but this "in-between" stage is a little annoying.
    My fotki
    public.fotki.com/secretsofyayamotherhood/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair sounds similar to yours too. My locks will be 2 years old this month. I think it depends on the your texture and the tightness of the braids how fast the lock begins to puff out. Mine took a long time and some still haven't puffed yet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My texture is similar to ur description....same thing as lockolatte's hair (hi lockolatte, can't believe in a month i will be 2 years)
    Nubian Goddess

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lockolatte View Post
    My hair sounds similar to yours too. My locks will be 2 years old this month. I think it depends on the your texture and the tightness of the braids how fast the lock begins to puff out. Mine took a long time and some still haven't puffed yet.
    You have a lot of braids/locs!! Are you latchooking your roots? You are almost 2 years and I can still see a lot of your braid pattern....this is most definately a journey of patience!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just started my second set of locs with braids last month. I don't have a head full of soft, wavy hair...only the back 1/4 of my head is similar to your texture. I have very fine strands but a whole lot of individual strands so my hair is thin & thick at the same time. So far, I'm loving the stability of the braids. I've rinsed my hair several times and washed twice versus the first time around where I waited a full 2 weeks to put any kind of water on my head because I was afraid of the twists unraveling.

I have some photos of my locs on the day I started them on Flickr. Here's the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/31189384@N02/ I'll be updating soon now that I'm a month in. They look pretty much the same though. Just a lot shorter. They've shrunken to somewhere between ear & neck length.
    Last edited by caprimom; 06-08-2012 at 05:00 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by caprimom View Post
    I just started my second set of locs with braids last month. I don't have a head full of soft, wavy hair...only the back 1/4 of my head is similar to your texture. I have very fine strands but a whole lot of individual strands so my hair is thin & thick at the same time. So far, I'm loving the stability of the braids. I've rinsed my hair several times and washed twice versus the first time around where I waited a full 2 weeks to put any kind of water on my head because I was afraid of the twists unraveling.

I have some photos of my locs on the day I started them on Flickr. Here's the link http://www.flickr.com/photos/31189384@N02/ I'll be updating soon now that I'm a month in. They look pretty much the same though. Just a lot shorter. They've shrunken to somewhere between ear & neck length.
    Wow at 8 months your locs really poofed out....I wonder will my locs do that?? The first time I loced my hair with braidlocs my locs got pretty thick but I braided my hair much smaller now so I wonder.....

www.sweetsbraidlocjourney.wordpress.com