Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Started my locs today! *video* i have a question!

my question is.. do you guys think my twist will end up being much thicker then they are now once they lock?

Can somebody embed the video for me!! please & thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've read in other areas on this forum that it's difficult to predict how they'll come out. I started with TST 3 months ago with about the same amount of hair-but mine is much thicker/senser than yours...it only lays down when it's wet!

Just prepare for them to puff up(my hair is HUGE) right now and shrink. Meaning they'll get fatter while getting shorter. I don't think you'll see the true mature size for at least 2 years. Take this with a grain of salt though-I'm just repeating what I've read!

Good luck!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It depends on the thickness of your hair and what method you will use to maintain them. For the most part, the size of your mature locs will be bigger than the initial size of your baby locs. Latched locs will create a skinnier look, but palm rolled or twisted locs will have a fuller look. Based on the size of your twists, it's possible that they will expand and become a little bigger than what you have now. Great video by the way.
    Natural since Dec. 2003
    https://www.youtube.com/user/DynamicRunner

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think lock size depends on a variety of factors. Mine got thicker than my starter braids and are maintained by latching. Some people say you can tell by the parting sizes how large the locks will be. Hair texture, porosity, and density may also factor in the equation.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I too think its pretty hard to tell.. but from what i've heard/read/experienced
    your hair will puff up to the size of your parts regardless of the size of the actual
    "twist" itself... i also think the "method" you use plays a huge part as well.
    i first started with tst while my hair was kind of transitioning which made my twist kind of thin(not in its natural state, my hair is thick) so i decided to switch up the method before they started to "loc" with just a finger twist/comb coil & they started to swell like crazy!
    p.s. Back combing i know for sure will help out alot as well.