Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Gardening Season is here Volume III

My seedlings of cherry tomatoes and sweet peppers will be replanted this week sometime. I'm so excited! I am thinking putting a couple in per pot just in case they don't take too well. And my basil and sage I started from seed need to be repotted too. This is so much fun watching plants grow. I hope they all fruit.

Oh.. and I put a bit of coffee grinds in my soil for my sunflowers yesterday. I hope I didn't put too much.

OH NO! Mods I started this thread without realizing Volume II was not closed. I was in Volume I and started this one my mistake! Can you delete this one or combine? SORRY!
    Last edited by creativity; 05-01-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We ended up needed another thread anyway!

My neighbor has been growing tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs for a while. His rosemary and thyme bushes are huge. Anyway, he suggested that I transplant my peppers because they have stunted, likely due to the poor weather conditions and lack of exposure to the sun. I don't have much space near my broccoli but he doesn't think it would hurt none. I thought it would better to maybe extend my garden by digging up a few inches of my lawn or even getting a couple of containers.
    http://sisterescape.blogspot.com/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hello ladies I am gardening as well and so far there has been some drama!!
    Someone decided to remove all the plants from my plot and I was so furious. That happened 2 weeks ago and I was really sad as I planted heirloom seeds. When I spoke to the garden manager, he told me that he would investigate.
    I decided to plant again and was out of town. I came back on Tuesday and that person had removed the sign with my name and other plants...
    I asked for a refund as I don't want to stress out about that all summer. It is so disappointing as I worked so hard..

My other plots s are doing great! I have potatoes, beets, carrots, cucumbers, flowers etc..
    The eggplant is not doing well though....I am hoping it gets better...
    The idea is to have enough harvest to store some for the winter and participate in plant a row for the hungry...

I also started seedlings but they did not survive the transplant
    Last edited by redecouverte; 05-18-2012 at 11:04 PM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redecouverte View Post
    hello ladies I am gardening as well and so far there has been some drama!!
    Someone decided to remove all the plants from my plot and I was so furious. That happened 2 weeks ago and I was really sad as I planted heirloom seeds. When I spoke to the garden manager, he told me that he would investigate.
    I decided to plant again and was out of town. I came back on Tuesday and that person had removed the sign with my name and other plants...
    I asked for a refund as I don't want to stress out about that all summer. It is so disappointing as I worked so hard..

My other plots s are doing great! I have potatoes, beets, carrots, cucumbers, flowers etc..
    The eggplant is not doing well though....I am hoping it gets better...
    The idea is to have enough harvest to store some for the winter and participate in plant a row for the hungry...

I also started seedlings but they did not survive the transplant
    that's messed up, rede

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would have been so heated Redecouverte! OMG, some people are so inconsiderate and mean spirited!
    We have been having a lot of rain...about 1 and 1/3 inches yesterday. My new lettuce seedings are thriving and I'm really excited that my gourd seeds have sprouted!! Hahaha, it sounds so funny to be excited about something so small. Tomorrow I will plant my seed potatoes. I guess they have scabbed over enough. I wonder how deep do I need to bury them. Do you all know?

Edited to add video explaining how to grow a container of potatoes:
    Last edited by Lockolatte; 05-19-2012 at 12:53 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you ladies for your sympathy. I ended up receiving a refund and another plot for free. I am learning to forgive and move on...

Yay for the rain locklatte. It has been so warm here

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red so sorry with what happened but I am glad you got another plot and got your money back to boot! Yeah! I am sure your next plot will be fabulous. Sorry you lost all your hard work though.

Lock--I have seen a few more videos about potaotoes. Can you grow them in the summer? I thought it was a cold crop. And I have some lettuces too. I am keeping them on the screen porch because I think the sun will wilt the poor plant to death.

I did alot of transfering of seedlings over to larger pots and notice some of my larger plants need to be repotted. Poor things are almost root bound. No wonder it seemed it looked like they stopped growing.
    Last edited by creativity; 05-21-2012 at 02:04 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by creativity View Post
    Red so sorry with what happened but I am glad you got another plot and got your money back to boot! Yeah! I am sure your next plot will be fabulous. Sorry you lost all your hard work though.

Lock--I have seen a few more videos about potaotoes. Can you grow them in the summer? I thought it was a cold crop. And I have some lettuces too. I am keeping them on the screen porch because I think the sun will wilt the poor plant to death.

I did alot of transfering of seedlings over to larger pots and notice some of my larger plants need to be repotted. Poor things are almost root bound. No wonder it seemed it looked like they stopped growing.
    I really don't know, but I'm going to try. I read they love the cool weather so mine might be an exercise in futility.

Re: Potboundedness: I have had this problem also so now I go for big pots for things like cukes and tomatoes. I need to put my peppers in the earthboxes and get rid of the collards.

Lettuce will do ok as long as they are not in full blast sun and heat all day. My plants get partial sun so they are ok.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm back finally I'm sorry I took so long to get the pics up; my phone doesn't like hooking up to my computer. I put them all on my fotki so I don't take up too much room here.

redecouverte, i'm sorry about your plant thieves. Is container planting at your home an option?

All of you should frequent your local farmer's market if you don't already. I got half a shopping bag full of broccoli for $3, and it's DELICIOUS!! I used a bunch of it for broccoli, chicken, rice casserole this evening, and it's a hit already. I also got blueberries, raspberries, and plums for a good price. We're making smoothies with them tonight

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course it's going to raining everyday this week in NYC. So much for my plants getting much needed sun.
    http://sisterescape.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast