Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome post Dee!!! I still say its a hard thing to do because of the long time infused mind set.
    I envy the ladies who spend hours on their hair to make it beautiful. I am not one of them. 15 minutes is about what I put into my hair (excluding the wait time for dc). I went natural because of my lifestyle and any hairstyle that takes hours will probably only last a few days. So I hope I am not perceived as one who doesn't care. I put headbands on and tuck combs but sometimes I just condition and go. Sometimes I still have to fight the urge to straighten because sometimes I feel like the world classifies me as "ugly". But then I realize that its okay if they do because I know I am beautiful and so is my hair. Almost every natural I know personally has the same struggle. Yes its an erroneous mindset, but it was placed there a long time ago and it stayed with us for years. Its going to take reminders like Dee's to help us remember that we were once deceived, but are now liberated. Let's fight those chains and try not to look back. Its the man trying to keep us down and our own folks sometimes are helping him.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Diane8783 View Post
    I'm glad you all spoke up about the "manageability" issue . It is simply an excuse. But I have another pet peeve. That is women , both natural and otherwise, who prefer not to do anything with their hair. I am not counting those who are protective styling for good reasons, but those who say things like" I like this style, wig, weave,etc because I can get up in the morning and not "do" my hair." or " all I do is slap this wig on and go".

That, to me , sound akin to someone saying, "I can get up in the morning and not clean my butt."

I see this as being too lazy and irresponsible to perform basic grooming on yourself.
    "I CAN GET UP IN THE MORNING AND NOT CLEAN MY BUTT"!!!!!!!! *fainted* lmaooo!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dee hit the nail on the head. People are ashamed of their natural hair and do not want to believe that they are beautiful. As I work and see the women and here them say "I need a weave or a perm" and I just laugh because because most of their hairline in the front is going and almost gone.
    The vanity I see is so sad that they will get that perm before they will watch that weight or get the medication they need to stay healthy. Very sad indeed

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I posted this over one year ago and this it STILL applies today. Keep on moving forward and eventually the foolishness will stop.

5. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too true. *claps*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You have never lied....and I constantly watched some people hairline go away. Glad to announce all my sisters are natural however, one still straightens her hair to death

"Stop...think about...let it simmer.... The more you try to define, the more you realize that some things in this life of ours are indefinable....I am one of those people that one word can not describe me in my entirety. But if I would describe myself...it would be indefinable!"

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345