Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default I blame my boyfriend!

I've been with my new boyfriend for a few months now and my hair is in shambles! We've been together 24/7 for the entire duration of our relationship and it's taking a major toll on my hair. I try to keep things as consistent as possible while keeping it quick (we do a lot since it's summer now and I don't have hours to style my hair like in my single days). Mostly I've been doing wash n gos, quick twists that I have to dry with a blowdryer, and sleeping with my hair out more than id care to admit. I clearly forgot my hair was high maintenance and now I'm paying for it! My ends are thinning, I have pretty bad breakage, and my hair is incredibly dry. Keep in mind I or he i is in no way ashamed of my natural hair and what comes with it. And I'm also pretty experienced in natural hair care. Does anyone have tips or a similar experience? My man is away for the weekend so I finally have time to relax and do a nice clay wash and homemade deep condition, but I'm just in awe of how much time it takes to grow hair vs how easily it breaks -_-

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best I can say is to just make sure you set time aside for doing your hair. Since you're together all the time, I can think of two options:

1. Do your hair while you do something together like watch a movie. If you set up a period of time to sit together on the couch or watch a movie or 2, you'll still be together but you'll also be able to give your hair the attention it needs.

2. Set aside a time for you to do your hair while he does something else. I'm sure he has chores and errands he has to do at some point. Just aline your schedules so that when he is out doing whatever he needs to get done, cleaning, doing laundry, etc etc, you will be spending that same block of time doing your hair.

and maaaybe #3:
    What happened to his friends? Does he still spend time with them, or do you hang out with them together? Send him to hang out with his friends while you do your own thing.

And lastly, my unsolicited relationship advice lol - as easy and lovely as it is to get wrapped up in someone you really care about, be sure not to neglect other parts of your life. Obviously your hair is important to you (not in that obsessive "hair issues" way), so make sure being in a relationship doesn't take away from your other hobbies, lifestyles, friends, etc. Everyone needs some alone time now and then. Maybe your hangout time should be 24/6 rather than 24/7.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PammiePC View Post
    The best I can say is to just make sure you set time aside for doing your hair. Since you're together all the time, I can think of two options:

1. Do your hair while you do something together like watch a movie. If you set up a period of time to sit together on the couch or watch a movie or 2, you'll still be together but you'll also be able to give your hair the attention it needs.

2. Set aside a time for you to do your hair while he does something else. I'm sure he has chores and errands he has to do at some point. Just aline your schedules so that when he is out doing whatever he needs to get done, cleaning, doing laundry, etc etc, you will be spending that same block of time doing your hair.

and maaaybe #3:
    What happened to his friends? Does he still spend time with them, or do you hang out with them together? Send him to hang out with his friends while you do your own thing.

And lastly, my unsolicited relationship advice lol - as easy and lovely as it is to get wrapped up in someone you really care about, be sure not to neglect other parts of your life. Obviously your hair is important to you (not in that obsessive "hair issues" way), so make sure being in a relationship doesn't take away from your other hobbies, lifestyles, friends, etc. Everyone needs some alone time now and then. Maybe your hangout time should be 24/6 rather than 24/7.
    ^^ Absolutely 100% agree with all of that!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PammiePC

and maaaybe #3:

#1 in this post. This is what I do with my beau all the time. He gets drinks and snacks and a good movie, I grab all my hair tools and products and the twisting, togetherness, and quality time abounds!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're 100% right, you know how engulfing new relationships can be

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I don't

forever alone
    http://images.meez.com/user/3/5/7/8/...ot_175x233.gif
    I'M BACK IN THE GAME BABY!!!

Locking it up TSTs locked for 2 days HA!!!!! })

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Silk or satin pillow cases can help with dryness/breakage if you have been wearing your hair out to sleep..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Pammie PC.. That pretty much sums it up. I would also suggest getting a protective style for the sumer. Maybe twist your own hair, gets some braid extensions, etc. By doing this, your hair will be protected and it will cut down on the time it takes to wash, condition, etc. b.c you wont have to detangle, then style or whatever else happens on wash days.