Likes Likes:  0
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Locing in 4 days...but i exercise and sweat.

so i am curious how long i will have to go without washing my hair after i get the baby locs installed? i exercise several times a week and while i don't sweat heavily in my head, i DO sweat. i don't want rank baby locs or a gross scalp. so...what can i do? i'm excited about getting the locs but i'm slightly frightened about this. i cannot skimp on the workouts just for the sake of my hair. -_-

any advice, ladies?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can start by simply rinsing out the sweat from your hair, that's what I do between washes. Still, when I started my current set of locks with TSTs, I started washing them, carefully, a week after I made them. Of course locking methods will determine how much the hair will unravel when you wash/rinse your hair so you make your choice of starter locks accordingly.
    Last edited by Karibana; 05-31-2012 at 07:25 PM.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    You can start by simply rinsing out the sweat from your hair, that's what I do between washes. Still, when I started my current set of locks with TSTs, I started washing them, carefully, a week. Of course locking methods will determine how much the hair will unravel when you wash/rinse your hair so you make your choice of starter locks accordingly.
    Hmmm...up until my loc consultation a few weeks ago, i thought that my locs would be started via two strand twists. but my loctician told me she prefers to start out using comb twists simply because the loc will look more uniform more quickly. i totally agree with her choice. so i'm guessing there's gonna be crazy unraveling. perhaps if i put a nylon stocking over my head and let water run thru it to rinse out the sweat.

i'll ask her what i should do, as well. thanks for your response.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I keep forgetting about loc stockings when it comes to washing because I've never used them. That's a good option. I fixed my previous post to say that I started washing my locs after a week of doing my starter locs.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    I keep forgetting about loc stockings when it comes to washing because I've never used them. That's a good option. I fixed my previous post to say that I started washing my locs after a week of doing my starter locs.
    great, thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I washed with a stocking cap when I had my first set of locs and it worked fine. I've also heard of people rubbing seabreeze on their scalp or making a spray with tea tree oil.
    JENNIFER L.
    My pics

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, girlie. See ya around.