Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buddhism Lovers and Practioners Part IV

how's everyone doing?
    i'm having a lot of breakthroughs, with my career situation and my own negative attitudes. "Myo" in NMRK also means to open, and I am opening up in a lot of ways.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still delving more and more into my practice. I'm still struggling with chanting in the mornings but I've improved since determining to get into the habit of doing it more frequently. I attended a chapter study meeting last week with this gentlemen by the name of Kazu Fuji leading the meeting and I came away feeling really encouraged. He was one of the first SGI members in London back in 1968. I really enjoyed what he had to share. Other than that I've started doing some more reading. I purchased Buddhism in Daily Life by Richard Causton. The focus is on Nicherin Daishonin's buddhism. I'm reading it now and thoroughly enjoying it. I also purchased Unlocking the Mysteries of Life and Death by President Ikeda. I'm looking forward to that one as well. I was telling my Mom the other day how profound this buddhism is and how connected I feel to it. It just really reflects how I feel about life and how it should be approached etc., Feels really good

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thats great! i also would like to purchase unlocking the mysteries book just because I want to learn more about the afterlife. i participated in the juneteenth dance group on saturday and i got over so many of my fundamental darkness it was amazing dancing in front of a lot of people

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went to a temple in Sri Lanka. Unlike my trip to Thailand I actually learned something.

http://public.fotki.com/mnsmith2003/sri-lanka-2013/
    Last hit of creamy crack: 11/24/09
    BC: 10/26/2010
    Staples: Shealoe, EVOO, CO, Jojoba oil, HE HH, Avg

5. Likes Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My main goal for 2013 was to finalize my divorce by June 30. I chanted day and night with conviction. Initially my attorney stated that it would be done by May, then she said June. Well May & June came and went. I became discouraged and started doubting my practice (big mistake). My birthday was July 3rd and I kept thinking how great a gift it would be to have my main goal realized. Long story short, I picked up my divorce papers this past weekend. The papers were processed by the courts at end of May. My attorney didn't receive notification until June...so I actually fulfilled my goal. Big sigh of relief! My divorce took 2+ years and cost me over $10K but I've no regrets. Now I can continue on with my life, on to the next goal...
    A woman who tells you her age will tell you anything

7. Likes Vavoon liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ so encouraging! i increased my gongyo for one hour in the morning and 30 min in the evening. honestly, because of my poor sleeping patterns, there have been times where i fell asleep during gongyo! lol my practice has definitely gotten strong in certain areas, but sometimes i feel that the need to introduce other people to my Buddhist practice being shoved down my throat. i can honestly say my compassion is one of those points that i need to strengthen - then i can go on and shakubuku. one way that my practice strengthen is that i have accumulated courage! it's awesome. i bought the gosho, unlocking the mysteries to life and death, and other books (slow reader) i wanted an apartment so bad...but i think its an inconspicuous benefit that i never got one because nyc apts are so expensive and i am seeing the prospect of world travel in my future. it's like i have a third voice in my head, putting me in check 24/7 (it's a battle because i am stuck in my habits and hard-headed) but i am glad that i have this philosophy