Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question The Permed Male

Ladies,
    What are your thoughts on the permed male? To me I find, it quite odd. Even for myself why I kept up with a relaxer? ( Oh yeah because they "said it look unkempt otherwise") Rambling...I ask myself what would make them do so when they can easily cut it off, or keep it natural braided or something.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

pass.

the only men who can get away with permed hair are mr brady, prince and james brown. anyone else just looks like a wanna be pimp or a fake baptist minister, neither of which i find particularly attractive

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ al sharpton. i can't imagine him without the pimp named slick back look. lol.

i really don't care about the permed male. the permed male can do whatever he wants to do. he's not someone that i want to date. i saw a dude the other day with a doobie and i just kept sneaking peeks at him because i was trying to imagine him without the processed look.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the most part, whatever texture is rendered with a process, someone else has naturally. With that in mind, among other reasons why I don't partake in gender and/or ethnic biases of the sort, I don't find the "look" of straight'ish or loosely-curly hair on dark-skinned (or discernibly colored) males as unattractive, ridiculous, and/or repulsive.

We've discussed on NP in similar threads or streams of dialogue, there are biases against black males having hair that's styled beyond braids (if not closely shaven) as there are biases against black females not styling their hair (if not straightened) minus bold colors. It's less likely to see males stand up to the assimilation and/or subjugation because it more readily conflicts with their gender typecast as providers and perpetual employees.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^@Intellexual I just noticed your siggy with the last CFC

I never liked the look of permed men. It's unattractive and makes them look feminine.
    Last hit of creamy crack: 11/24/09
    BC: 10/26/2010
    Staples: Shealoe, EVOO, CO, Jojoba oil, HE HH, Avg

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know why, but when I see Black men with straightened hair.........it just looks weird to me. It depends on how it's styled though. Some look weirder than others...

I thought Omarion looked aiight with his blowout back in the day.....At the same time, seeing Snoop Dogg with long, spirally Shirley Temple curls...that was not cute!

If the hair is short and slicked to the head or sticking up or something.....to me it just looks COMICAL.

I don't know why it looks weirder on Black men than Black women...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by amourese View Post
    Ladies,
    What are your thoughts on the permed male? To me I find, it quite odd. Even for myself why I kept up with a relaxer? ( Oh yeah because they "said it look unkempt otherwise") Rambling...I ask myself what would make them do so when they can easily cut it off, or keep it natural braided or something.
    Style, trend, choice. Although I didn't encounter guys with relaxed hair, they probably did it for the similar reasons as women. I encountered a few that permed for curls... which was short lived.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RE: Relaxed/Permed Male

It's all about styling, fullness and how well put together the look. Straight hair, pulled back (natural or relaxed) either in a bun or lengthy pony tail with a trimmed groomed face, white tank, jeans, Timbs, toned and you're on your way to the local store? That's attractive to me... a plain John look. Men with the same hair, pulling off the pimp or stripper look? Umm... no. So it's how well the look is put together along with the hair and masculinity.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to see black males with permed hair. They look so stupid. All of them, regardless of how famous they are. And ofcourse when they do that, it means that they have as many issues with their kinky hair as the black females.
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Locīd Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My cousin has his hair permed andlets just say he is literally the dumbest member of this family.You can't take his azz nowhere with his hair slicked back lookin like sonic the hedgehog.
    Yeah. I said it.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast