Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking Body Art Quality Henna

So I've been toying with the idea of ordering some BAQ henna from Mehandi for almost a year now but I've only just recently found myself with the time to do it and I'm reaaaaaaaally excited to try it out. I'm waiting for them to call back to help me pick a type and color but I'd like to know if you all have had any experiences with henna =]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would advise buying henna from henna sooq or ayurnatural. Mehandi has questionable business practices. Their henna is overpriced and they use misleading marketing.

I mean, do what you will, but this has been my experience dealing w/that particular company. I have been researching and dying my hair with henna for over five years, and I continue to upgrade my knowledge of it. If you wish to know more, feel free to PM me.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooh, I wasn't aware. I just picked Mehandi because it was the only site I'd ever heard of. Thanks for replying so quickly, I'll definitely look into the others now!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

www.hennapage.com

It is a great henna resource site with a lot of information.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can get it from ebay. I've bought this brand from a UK seller and it give a strong colour.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fresh-Jami...item3f0beb9345

Steep in hot (not boiling) water for an hour or two, freeze overnight (longer isn't a problem) then apply to the hair for 4 hours or more - some people let it sit overnight. The mix should be the consistency of yogurt when you use it.

I tend to make it a little thicker, then and warm-hot water when I'm about to use it.

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am interested in applying Henna to my hair too. I have naturally black hair and I'm looking for the conditions properties and just to brightening my black hair color. But after researching just in the last couple hours or so I'm kinda of nervous, especially of this PPD I'm hearing about. Is there a way to apply the natural Henna w/o your hair turning red? Can you recommend a good company to purchase Henna/Indigo? I was thinking I would try Jamilla from Butters and Bars, that products seems okay. Thanks.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Butters n bars, Hennasooq, Ayurnatural, and Ebay are all good sources to buy henna on-line. There prices are comparable to each other, and no gauging. hth.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting. I've ordered from Mehandi for years without incident. I didn't know/haven't heard anything negative about them? Henna for hair.com directs you to Mehandi to order the actual product. The henna I've gotten from them has consistently been very good

Imma have to research what's going on with them. It would be a disappointment if they've lost the handle.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Soul Rebel View Post
    Interesting. I've ordered from Mehandi for years without incident. I didn't know/haven't heard anything negative about them? Henna for hair.com directs you to Mehandi to order the actual product. The henna I've gotten from them has consistently been very good

Imma have to research what's going on with them. It would be a disappointment if they've lost the handle.

You didn't ask the right ppl. If you'd like to know more, feel free to PM.

BTW, I'm not saying they are crooked as thieves. However, if I bought a pair of shoes from Neiman Marcus only to find out they were really Payless Shoes in a Neiman Marcus box tagged with a Neiman Marcus price, I'd be hot under the collar, you know what I'm saying?

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Micheli

BTW, I'm not saying they are crooked as thieves. However, if I bought a pair of shoes from Neiman Marcus only to find out they were really Payless Shoes in a Neiman Marcus box tagged with a Neiman Marcus price, I'd be hot under the collar, you know what I'm saying
    Aww man! Seriously?? . I'll PM you....

It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.