Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Life Changing Events and Your Hair:

Greetings everyone!
    I have questions... but first, I want you to know that I have been in locks {two sets} almost 13 years! I started to place this in the lock thread, but the questions are about natural hair in general:

If something happend to you this year, and you are unable to style your hair as usual, would you:

1.) Try a different "natural" style? {This includes a BC for those who do not rock a BC/TWA at this time}

2.) go back to creamy-crack? {p.e.rm}

Oh, BTW - something happend "Financially" so there is no "PAYING" someone to do your hair for you whether natural or not.
    Last edited by QueenLocks; 06-16-2012 at 03:01 AM.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

winnie is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd never go back to the perm. My hair is loose, about about bsl. If I couldn't do my hair, I'd shave it and rock a twa....but I'd probably just get my sister to do my hair for free.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never go back to perm. may may cut it off if i had some illness that requires this *knocks on wood...literally*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The question seems conflicting, if you're not DIYing and not paying someone to do it, what's left?

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by debe_999 View Post
    The question seems conflicting, if you're not DIYing and not paying someone to do it, what's left?

DeBe

I think it's the way it's worded. In my head, the OP is asking

"If something happened and you couldn't wear your usual natural hair style, would you try something else to simplify things (including wearing a TWA). Or, would you resort to getting your hair permed?"

In that case^, I'll answer.

I don't intend to perm my hair again. And I don't think I'd get another big chop. I prefer having big/long hair.

If I was put in a position where I wasn't going to be able to deal with my hair as often as I usually do, I'd probably loc it. The only thing keeping me from doing so right now is that I like messing around in my loose hair.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the locks are fairly established, why not just freeform? All you would do is keep the roots separated and let nature do the rest. The established locks won't change much.

Free and simple.

Of course, if you didn't want locks anymore, you could BC.

My life and my hair are never at odds. My hair isn't that deep so even if my life changes, my hair is never a major issue.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Claire76 View Post
    I think it's the way it's worded. In my head, the OP is asking

"If something happened and you couldn't wear your usual natural hair style, would you try something else to simplify things (including wearing a TWA). Or, would you resort to getting your hair permed?"

In that case^, I'll answer.

I don't intend to perm my hair again. And I don't think I'd get another big chop. I prefer having big/long hair.

If I was put in a position where I wasn't going to be able to deal with my hair as often as I usually do, I'd probably loc it. The only thing keeping me from doing so right now is that I like messing around in my loose hair.
    Ok; Thanks Clair.

I guess I answered this question 6 years ago when I loced. I didn't want it short, I didn't want to deal with the relaxing and I didn't want to deal with the thickness if I kept the length, so locs it was and still is.

Ok, this won't be a popular view on NP, but if I were to remove my locs, I'd either chop or perm, if I really didn't want it short. I'm not anti perm, it just isn't what I want now and possibly never, assuming I keep my locs. I'm simply not willing to put in the work my natural hair needs when it's at longer lengths. Much as I love it's decorative qualities, decoration has to take a lower priority than other things in my life.

DeBe
    Last edited by DeBe; 06-15-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TWA all the way. I used to wear one and sometimes I miss it. The only drawback is that I have a lot more alopecia than I did when I was (ahem) younger.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would never go back to the perm. i would cut that s*** as a last resort. i would first try wearing braids long term (my own hair). i've been in grad school and i don't have time like that for my hair so box braids have really helped. and if that just did not work out then i would consider cutting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your comments/ .02
    I don't know what the future holds, I can only live for today.
    I have No Plans to go back to p.ermed hair.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast