Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Totally Random Hair Thoughts...

so all this time i have been looking at ingredients and trying to only use natural products. when really how natural are the products i am using. i mean i stay away from things that have parabens, formaldehyde, etc... and really nothing is pure that i am buying unless i make it myself. and that is not happening. i mean i mix oils and stuff but other than that i hate making things because i hate to clean up.

okay, so i'm staying away from parabens and then i go and read this article about japanese honeysuckle extract being a natural paraben or a form of it. and one of my fav products has it in it. then again i read about the preservative phenoxyethanol not being any better than parabens.

i give up! i'm using what makes my hair feel good, that has a short list of ingredients that i can pronounce.

and really i need to be worried more about diet that my hair regimen because my diet totally sucks. how can i give my hair and body all these great ingredients and my diet is severely lacking. makes no sense.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Redid my hair last night. Went swimming this morning. My hair still looks great even after letting water run through my hair for several minutes to get the chlorine out. Can't believe how well my flat twists are holding up.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I spent 20mins trying to figure out how I want my hair to look, fro-hawk, no, flat twist and puff, no, one side pinned down, no, braid out, nope.....
    And then I said to myself, why don't I just fluff up my hair and wear it out, with no accessories?
    So, out the door I went with my hand fluffed fro.
    I joined in 2004. I had my 4th BC (and final one ) on Oct. 24, 2011. My hair is 4a-z. I work with my hair, not against it.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did my first bentonite clay treatment last night and fell in !! As I'm putting on Giovanni Direct leave-in (my second time ever using it), something prompted me to check and see if it has any protein, because I did NOT want to ruin the soft fluffiness that resulted from the bentonite clay wash. Turns out, even though the ingredients don't specifically list it as a protein, it does "infuse each hair with protein" - but my hair still seems to tolerate it really well!! Who'd a thunk it - this coarse mane responding well to a "popular" product with protein in it!! I love when my hair surprises me!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So last night I applied some more Aussie and CON serum to my hair and combed it out dry.
    Trippin' much?

Tonight I'm going to DC, and either do a twist n'curl or a regular twistout because I CANNOT be left alone with a rollerset .
    Big Chop: Nov. 14, 2007
    Current Length: MBL
    Hair Type: kinky-coily/curly, cottony, medium density
    GL1: WL (stretched) GL2: HL (stretched) UGL: Full SL wash n'go
    http://public.fotki.com/ckisland/
    ~ A million hugs to whoever PANK'd me~

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Did my first bentonite clay treatment last night and fell in !! As I'm putting on Giovanni Direct leave-in (my second time ever using it), something prompted me to check and see if it has any protein, because I did NOT want to ruin the soft fluffiness that resulted from the bentonite clay wash. Turns out, even though the ingredients don't specifically list it as a protein, it does "infuse each hair with protein" - but my hair still seems to tolerate it really well!! Who'd a thunk it - this coarse mane responding well to a "popular" product with protein in it!! I love when my hair surprises me!
    i was reading the ingredients too last night of the direct leave-in because my hair doesn't like lots of protein. and my hair loves that stuff (and the smooth as silk). direct-leave in is very light.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I cannot WAIT to rinse this henna out of my hair. That's the only downside to henna-ing for me. One more hour to go lawedT.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Yep, love that Direct Leave-In. I don't use it often, but when I do, it definitely gets the job done.

....Maybe I should just go a head and start my next set of locs already. I keep putting off washing and detangling (going on three weeks now), so I might as well. I'll start them with twists this time.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by afroknots11412 View Post
    i was reading the ingredients too last night of the direct leave-in because my hair doesn't like lots of protein. and my hair loves that stuff (and the smooth as silk). direct-leave in is very light.
    I will be trying the Smooth as Silk next!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've got my hair in 8 sections. Can't decide between finger coils or 2 strand twists.

Honestly.....I'm dreading this. It takes too long for me to do these styles. So tedious.

And my hair is normal density, but it appears thick. The fact that it is getting longer is not helping.....

Love my hair......just wish I could do these styles in less than 3 hours...

...meh...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast