Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Steam moisture treatment at loctician

I got my locs retwisted at a salon and she suggested a moisture treatment since my locs were dry. I've been working out every day and in spite of regular rinsing and a light layer of oil every week, I can feel the dryness, so I agreed.

It didn't cost that much, she applied a moisturizer and I spent 30 mins under a steam machine. The salon had 2 of them.

My locs feel better, but they always feel good after I go to the salon. I'll be retwisting on my own at home in a couple of months and am wondering if anyone has this treatment done regularly and if so, how did it work for you?

I'd actually like to do a good moisture treatment at home next time. I think the moisturizer they used was an inexpensive one, and I could try using a dryer and plastic cap to hold the moisture in. It's worth trying.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm kind of in the same boat. I workout a lot so I wash and oil weekly. Still my locs feel dry. I maintain my own locs, but got them done at the salon once and got a steam treatment. I don't remember if she applied a moisturizer or oil before steaming though. I have a blow dryer w/the flexible hood attachment so next time I wash I'll try steaming with the plastic cap on my head.
    My album

password: gemela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just washed and steamed! After I got out of the shower I wrapped my hair in a tshirt soak up the drippies. Then I moisturized/sealed my hair w/almond and castor oil, put on a plastic cap and got under my soft cap blowdryer attachment (I don't have a hood dryer). I was under the dryer for about 25-30 minutes at warm, which is actually pretty hot to me. I'll try to post later this week how my hair feels.
    My album

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hair felt pretty good this week. No straw like feel. I wash weekly so I'm probably gonna wash tomorrow, but won't have time to steam. Will report on how my hair is doing later.
    My album

5. Thanks thefineprint thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the update!