Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default About Aloe Vera Juice?

I am about to purchase some of this since I keep hearing about it. But I heard it expires 2-3 weeks after opening. I planned to have it in my spritz bottle of only water so it will be just the aloe vera and water. Does this mean I have to buy a fresh new bottle of AV every 2-3 weeks? What happens if I leave it mixed with water--will it not work? Others say they had an oil to AV and water also. I am so confused.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*open fridge, then looks at FOTE avj for expiration date* My bottle of AVJ hasn't expired...I bought this in 2011 and the 'best by' date is Feb. 2013. Check for the best buy date and you should be just fine, OP.

Regarding mixing ACV/water/an oil. I'm in the habit of only mixing enough to use for a week or two in a spray bottle. Oh, and I only mix with distilled water.

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I would just be cautious how much you mix. When I mix mine...I mix it with sweet almond oil, which is supposed to have vitamin E ("a natural preservative") in it. I haven't had problems with my mixture going rancid even if it sits out past a month. You definitely want to refrig. any open unmixed AVJ. In the frig. mine has lasted months.
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mine sits a long time before I finish it. just make sure you don't lose the cap and keep it refrigerated. i left mine out and left the cap off and little bugs like gnats got in there and drowned.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Co-signing with the responses above. I keep my Aloe Vera Juice refrigerated, and it has not come close to the expiration date before I use it all (I also drink some every now and then). My current bottle was purchased in March of this year, and the expiration date is October 2013. I mix it with distilled water, and I add a couple drops of vitamin E oil (for preservative properties). If I don't use up the the mixture within a couple weeks, I usually throw it away, just for precaution. But after seeing Himmy's post above that her mixture lasts past a month, I may be keeping mine a little longer!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by coalblacklocs View Post
    mine sits a long time before I finish it. just make sure you don't lose the cap and keep it refrigerated. i left mine out and left the cap off and little bugs like gnats got in there and drowned.
    ^bwahahahaha oops sorry

Himmy is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Co-signing with the responses above. I keep my Aloe Vera Juice refrigerated, and it has not come close to the expiration date before I use it all (I also drink some every now and then). My current bottle was purchased in March of this year, and the expiration date is October 2013. I mix it with distilled water, and I add a couple drops of vitamin E oil (for preservative properties). If I don't use up the the mixture within a couple weeks, I usually throw it away, just for precaution. But after seeing Himmy's post above that her mixture lasts past a month, I may be keeping mine a little longer!
    Yeah, that's the cheap side of me talking. I must confess I've left it out for almost two months...and it did OK (with the sweet almond oil).
    Thank you, Jah!!!! Thank you!!!!

I updated my picture album here on NP ya'll. Year 4! What a blessing to be a loc sistah!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh okay, thanks ladies! Do I have to mix is with distilled water? And do I have to put a preservative in it?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i use mine undiluted. with some sweet smelling essential oils. different people have different preferences. i have thirsty hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    ^bwahahahaha oops sorry
    i may or may not have debated on whether or not to strain those little bastards out of my precious juice and keep using it, or to throw it out. I decided to throw it out. People round here already think locs got bugs in them, I don't need to confirm that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast