I'm very happy about this.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven't heard a peep from my aunt since I subscribed to her twitter accound months ago, and now she's saying that this is a gift to Romney becasue Obamacare=taxes. That said, I am sorta seeing this meme taking shape, starting with that Palin tweet I posted earlier and I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the GOP plays it. But at the same time, people are only afraid of it because they don't benefit from it yet, when they do, then the GOP will find it difficult to repeal, just like Medicare can't be touched.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Heard the news while driving and almost had to pull over...

Can't stop cheesing...

OBAMA 2012!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gigglezk View Post

I'm very happy about this.
    That pic brought something to mind. About a year or so ago, I was on a religious site with a conservative bent. I remember reading read a few comments about Obamacare, back when it was a glimmer in President Obama's eye.

One person said something about it being "unamerican", etc. He made it sound as though universal healthcare is the equivalent of Regina from Once Upon A Time--the embodiment of evil.

It kills me that some people believe that universal health caree will set the United States back. Meanwhile, so many other nations are doing just fine.
    Last edited by Claire76; 06-28-2012 at 09:45 PM.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Savvyone View Post
    what I don't get are the poor trailer park Republicans who could benefit from not being denied insurance for a pre-existing condition or making sure their over 18 year old kid can be insured until they are 26 under their parents coverage....
    Numerous polls and studies have shown that poor, white, conservative Americans (predominantly those in the south) consistently vote against their best interests and in favor of the rich because they truly, honestly believe that one day they will be rich.

I.kid.you.not.

These dummies vote against taxes and public programs because they think they'll be rich someday and don't want to have to pay out more money to help other people...in the future.

I wish I could find a good gif to sum up my feelings on that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I followed the lawsuit and they had serious in-depth arguments. Simplified they tried to say that if the government can mandate health care they can mandate everything for instance Broccoli with the argument that it's a healthy food and people should eat healthy. They were saying where do we draw the line.

The answer to the question if someone failed to pay it will that be a criminal by law made it clear that no, the government would take it out of their taxes and the Supreme Court can't vote on taxes. That was just one of the technicalities.

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    Congrats to our American cousins for having some form of universal healthcare insurance

I never understood what the madate issue was about, you can't have a car without having insurance so I didn't see why the indivudual mandate was so out there. Insurance companies can't complain, sure they will have to take on those with pre-existing issues but at the same time, that's a bucketload of state mandated customers they're picking up.

The fact that the court passed this law shouldn't obsure the fact that the SCOTUS ruling is still split ideologically, only with Roberts switching side to uphold the ACA.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by masoesa View Post
    I followed the lawsuit and they had serious in-depth arguments. Simplified they tried to say that if the government can mandate health care they can mandate everything for instance Broccoli with the argument that it's a healthy food and people should eat healthy. They were saying where do we draw the line.

The answer to the question if someone failed to pay it will that be a criminal by law made it clear that no, the government would take it out of their taxes and the Supreme Court can't vote on taxes. That was just one of the technicalities.
    But the government does mandate certain things, e.g., car insurance, home insurance, etc. or is it different because car insurance is a state-mandated thing, yes?

Please pardon my question if it is not thought out well. I'm working on a project that requires a great deal of brain power....
    Thank you, Fairy PANKmommy!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PammiePC View Post
    Numerous polls and studies have shown that poor, white, conservative Americans (predominantly those in the south) consistently vote against their best interests and in favor of the rich because they truly, honestly believe that one day they will be rich.

I.kid.you.not.

These dummies vote against taxes and public programs because they think they'll be rich someday and don't want to have to pay out more money to help other people...in the future.

I wish I could find a good gif to sum up my feelings on that.
    It's called brain washed. The women voting against equal pay is a simple yet clear example. They have been brainwashed: woman know your place. You can never equal me, a MAN. And they truly believe that. Has nothing to do with ever becoming rich.

Scare tactics for a black man and brainwash.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by newlife2169 View Post
    But the government does mandate certain things, e.g., car insurance, home insurance, etc. or is it different because car insurance is a state-mandated thing, yes?

Please pardon my question if it is not thought out well. I'm working on a project that requires a great deal of brain power....
    You are absolutely right. That was my argument as well and I don't know the exact technicalities. When I hear it, I get it but it doesn't stay in my mind. Short term memory.

However what I got was this. Not every body owns a car or a house. So in a sense it's people involved in a certain business which the government can regulate up to a certain point. But when the government mandates health insurance, it's not a business. No one has a choice, everyone has to do it so it's not democratic and unconstitutional.

I hope it makes sense.

They came up with the broccoli analogy which was in the news over and over. Are they going to mandate eating broccoli too because it's healthy? Mocking Obama Care.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast