Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Angej View Post
    Traction alopecia.

^^^This is a very good one. I had alopecia (not too bad) in high school from micros. Not cute lol

@coalblacklocs:

LOL! That's valid to me! I mean, yall just don't know how many freak accidents I've gotten into...If I were you, I'd put my locs up errytime!! Can't trust myself sometimes...
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

tip757 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest fear is having my locs fall out from pregnacy if I get preggers one day. Thats just about it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CoilyHairedBeauty View Post
    @Phillygirl: Ah, I see I'm not alone

Castor oil is awesome! That's what I used after my 2nd bc, twice a day. Hair grew back hella fast. It also causes me to have to get my brows threaded more often...

When you do your twists, do you grab n go, or do you bricklayer them?

I totally get not measuring. But, do take pics, and then when you look back, you'll see progress

@LBell: I kinda figured you'd say that, lol. Im grateful for nappy hair, too! More coverage, hehe...

Are you going to loc again in the near future? Or will you just cut your hair when it's gotten too long?
    I've always done grab n go, never had the patience to part. Plus the top ones can get really small, I'd be all day trying to part it.

I like the taking pics idea. I do see growth when my twists get old, but the front shrinks so much more than my sides (which don't seem to shrink at all) that it can sometimes be a challenge.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tip757
    My biggest fear is having my locs fall out from pregnacy if I get preggers one day. Thats just about it.
    OMG that would be awful!!! I hear some women say their hair grows a lot; others complain of hairloss. Yikes!!!
    /

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fear is that my natural hair will be so long and thick that it will be difficult to maintain.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm...I suppose breakage?
    But I'm lazy, so I could be doing more to help it. :x

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. Biggest Fear? Not being able to keep my locks.

2. Prevention? Keep/maintain my locks.

3. Fear already taken place? NOPE!

4. Comments/Advice? Actually, this goes along with my topic in this section. "Life Changing Events" If something happens and I can no longer have locks, not even freefrom, then I will probably rock a medium-sized afro.
    http://www.Queenlocks.com
    http://queenlocks.wordpress.com
    NP Member for 10+ years!
    NP Of The Month OCT. 2004

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ I understand (kinda lol). People become really attached to their locs. I wonder if loc'd nappturals are more attached to their hair than loose napturals...Just based on how much care loc'ers put into their hair and cultivating it and stuff..

Esp. if they started and maintain them themselves...

I could be waaay off,
    /

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fear is heat damage. Which is why I haven't used it - not even to blow dry - in three or four years. I've had nightmares about my hair being damaged beyond repair multiple times (not sure why, because back before my mother got my hair relaxed, it was straightened regularly without damage). I also have had multiple nightmares about accidentally getting my hair relaxed. Wake up in a cold sweat every time.

Quote Originally Posted by LBellatrix View Post
    Okay, this isn't really a fear so much as a...concern (?) that the longer my hair gets the more time-consuming it will be and that I'll go back to locs out of frustration. I don't have anything against locs as a general rule...I'm just like, been there done that. Recently I was reminded of this woman's routine and how it's long been my goal to have something as simple. I think it can be done. (I HOPE it can be done.)
    ^ I've considered loc'ing for this reason many times, but even though this dense mane can be a BEAST to deal with sometimes, I LOVE it loose & free, and I'm actually learning to really simplify and chop time off of washing, detangling & styling. With the exception of twisting my hair a few times a year, and doing an occasional deep conditioning or clay treatment, my routine is usually pretty close to the one you posted the link to (except for I don't wash every week, and I do more than 9 braids).

Quote Originally Posted by coalblacklocs View Post
    my biggest fear right now? Is kinda stupid.

but i use really sharp scissors on a regular basis, and i have this irrational fear that i'm going to get so caught up my work that one of my locs will fall in the way (like they do) and i'll snip it off by mistake. i guess maybe i need to start putting them up when i sew.
    ^I have this fear!! Especially when my hair is in twists (like right now), or when it's in a really big braid out. And I don't sew. I'm just always multi-tasking and doing things absent mindedly.

TikiB is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't say I have a fear exactly but I worry that as it gets longer I will get lazy and my hair will suffer.
    My thanks and appreciation go to the lovely one who PANKED me!

http://public.fotki.com/Tiki-Blue/

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast