Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb What is Your Biggest Fear? (Hair-wise)

1. What is your biggest fear regarding your natural hair?
    ***thinning***

At the moment, my hair is great. But my biggest fear is thinning. I think it's hereditary on one side of my family...I'm not too paranoid about it, but it is something that I am not looking forward to...

One one side of my family, some of the women get thinning in the very top...

2. What are you doing to prevent it?
    In order to prevent thinning (prematurely or otherwise) I don't pull my hair back tightly and I regularly use castor oil. In addition, drinking water and just staying healthy overall....

If I go bald.....I guess I'll be wearing headwraps or custom full lace wigs (human coily hair)

3. If your biggest hair fear has already happened to you, how are you dealing and what is your advice to others?
    n/a

4. Other thoughts?
    Funny enough, I'm not worried about gray strands popping up. I'll probably just henndigo them or something... I think silvery hair is pretty on mature naturals.
    "Authenticity is true beauty."
    "Asking God why He gave us this hair, then praying for it to grow..." Stahp it!
    /

Butterfly Rose Guest

That my hair will fall out . I had a couple of scary dreams when I looked into the mirror all of my hair fell out all at once.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm afraid that my hair isn't growing or growing to its best ability. I keep it twisted now

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that I'll be tricked into a perm

solution: do my hair myself for as long as possible w/o going to a salon and using foreign products

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My biggest fear was not being able to achieve an Angela Davis fro and that happened last year.

The only fear left is that when my hair gets long I won't be able to do anything with it besides a puff. I see so many nice styles on you ladies and I want to be able to get something similar one day.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My fear is the exact same as yours Coilyhairedbeauty. The top of my hair is thinner than the rest. I believe it's just a texture thing because I don't have any bald spots, but it does make for some scalpy looking twists in the front (which I deal with by making them smaller) and I have yet to be able to do a successful pompadour. I massage castor oil in a few times a week. Don't know if it's doing anything for my hair or just my mind.

Another fear is that the front has stopped growing. I deal with it by not measuring it anymore because that was making me anxious, and just working with what I've got.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had to think about this when I first saw the thread title and now I'm just going to say what's on my mind, which is: I don't really have any fears about my hair.

Like you, phillygirl, I'm thinning in the top. 10 years ago I probably would have said that thinning was my biggest fear but now that it's happening it's just like...well...thank God for bushy nappy hair! Other than parting the front in a way that doesn't make it quite as obvious, I'm not really doing anything about it.

Okay, this isn't really a fear so much as a...concern (?) that the longer my hair gets the more time-consuming it will be and that I'll go back to locs out of frustration. I don't have anything against locs as a general rule...I'm just like, been there done that. Recently I was reminded of this woman's routine and how it's long been my goal to have something as simple. I think it can be done. (I HOPE it can be done.)
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That my hair will fall out or become severely damaged to the point of no return. I take care of my hair and I exercise and drink lots of water and try to eat as healthy as possible on my college student budget...lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't have one.

I mean no one wants to loose their hair but honestly with all the technology and everything out there as far as hair is concerned I think i'd survive.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dont have one either, ive been trying to come up with something but nope...NADA

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast