Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Alopecia areata...why i went natural sooner then later

Somewhere around December 2003, I was combing my hair when I noticed a bald spot at the top of my head. It was in the shape and size of a nickel. I panicked and immediately called my hairstylist. He told me that he didn't know what could have caused it but I should see a dermatologist immediately. I made an appointment and a few days later was told that I was suffering from alopecia areata.

The doctor gave me a foam like medicine to put on my head for a few weeks. I did this but nothing happened so he gave me a corticosteroid injection in my head. I never felt so humiliated and broke down in my life. I cried like a baby in my car. After I gathered myself, I was determined to figure out what was going on with me and not accept discouragement. The doctor had informed me that I couldn't get a relaxer for a while so I decided to finally do what I always wanted to do...GO NATURAL!

I went to my hairstylist for a couple of months to get my hair washed and flat ironed. After a few months, my hair started to grow back. He told me that when I was ready, to let him know and he would cut off my hair all at once. I didn't have the nerve to cut all of my hair at once so I decided to transition. I transitioned not only my hair but my mind for 14 months. Some people can big chop right away, but for me I had to ready my mind so that I would never look back.

gumbohair.com
    gumbohair.com

2. Thanks IvonNappy thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you for sharing. I love this line: "I transitioned not only my hair but my mind for 14 months"
    My Blog: http://locability.blogspot.com
    IT'S NOT ENOUGH TO REGISTER and VOTE; your DONATIONS are an important part of the process too. (Even those who CAN'T vote, CAN DONATE; remember MONEY TALKS!)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, thanks for sharing. How is your hair now?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANKS LADIES! @MASOESA My hair has recovered 99 percent...I can still see a very small area where the alopecia was. I'm talking less than a 1/8 of an inch... no one would notice it but me small.

Thanks For Asking...
    gumbohair.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THANKS LADIES! @MASOESA My hair has recovered 99 percent...I can still see a very small area where the alopecia was. I'm talking less than a 1/8 of an inch... no one would notice it but me small.

Thanks For Asking...
    gumbohair.com