Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love bright saturated colors with dark skin! My favorite pair of shorts were hot pink.
    BC'd: June 14th 2010! // Twitter // Blog

Go PANK. DO IT!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not too keen on the neon nails, but I've yet to see a skin colour I like it on. I don't know if you're regarding the dress as neon, but I think the colour of the dress looks good against her skin. As for bright colours and dark skin. Dark skin carries bright colours way better than pale skin, that's the last thing you need to worry about.

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok now let me be transparent (Imma blame it on the Patron in my cup) Do you KB!!!

I have to say when I'm shopping and I wanna be fierce I channel my inner KB (wearing strips, minis, off the shoulder looks chunky jewelry) things that are out of the box for ME...I do them because you are a fluffy girl and you inspire me to get out there and try things I normally wouldn't.

Sooo with that being said folks are ALWAYS going to have shit to say...in one form or another but you can't let past hurts steal your joy girl. Experiment and you just might find you can do the damn thang despite the past.

(((HUGS)))
    ~Never allow someone with limited vision to limit yours~
    Officially Nappy 6 Feb 03
    Loc Journey began 17 Mar 07
    I be bloggin'...PM me for the lank!
    iStruggle...I'm a work in progress
    If I don't respond to your post directed at me, I probably have you on ignore #truestory

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bright colours look HAWT with dark skin, we carry it well . You know that phrase 'Dark and bright'? Richness! Go for it, KB!!
    Dread since 2005

The Revolution will not be televised - Gil Scott Heron

My Fotki - pw: simiya

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say "yay" in most cases (but Folake's nail polish is giving me indigestion. ). Just like when you're picking chromatic colors that aren't neons you have to be mindful of which ones compliment your undertones the best. And since the colorblocking trend hasn't completely faded away it's easy to do neon without looking like a bad acid trip. Personally I'd mix 1 neon, 1 jewel tone, and 1 neutral so it doesn't look too crazy, like neon orange, amethyst, and navy blue.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think bright and neon colors look BEST on darker skin tones. The contrast and tones are just beautiful.

THe nailpolish though, yuck. I think bright colors don't look good on most people when it comes to polishes, and probably especially darker skin tones. But this is because when your nail color contrasts your skin color too much, it just makes finger nails look so obvious and THERE. To me it's like suddenly having paddles on your hands that are so distracting.

But otherwise the colors on clothing I love. I think it just looks amazing. I've never had an issue with wearing bright colors. I've always been a lover of bright colors and I've always had the most compliments with colors like purple, orange, yellow, and hot pink.

KB - what kind of dogging did you get from people when you wore those colors, and who were those people? And you mentioned not wearing certain colors because they make you look darker, do you have an issue with being perceived as darker than you currently are, or did you have an issue with that in the past?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB View Post
    ...What say you? Yay or Nay?
    Depends upon how much neon. In my opinion neon looks best on dark skin, the contrast. However too much, you're not seen.. color overpowering. I like to see the individual (features) with colors that compliment the skin.... and a sense of balance. Yay

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    I used to have a near pitch black coworker when I worked in a department store. The neon trend was in back then and we all laughed at a neon pink jacket she had in her hands. When she put it on we all stopped laughing because it actually suited her. ....
    That's how I wear neon during the winter, all black and a pop of color. The more grey & gloomy outside, the more color I wear. A walking ray of sunshine.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can go with the dress but the nail polish has got to go. Honestly, I don't think that particular shade would look good on ANYBODY. But then again...maybe on the right person with the right outfit it would look just fine.

My take on color is this. All shades do not look good on ALL PEOPLE. However, if you find the right shade in a particular color family a certain version of that shade would probably look good on you. Like blond hair. When black folks find the right shade, most people can really rock blond hair. The trick is to find the right shade.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast