Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I want that dress!

Neon colors on dark skin is FAB! As a fellow cocoa chica, I love rockin' neon and pastel orange, lime, and yellow and white shirts and accessories.

I remember reading an article that deep complexion folks shouldn't wear bold colors and then in a fashion magazine no pastels ever. Since I can't win, I wear whatever that doesn't include my birthday suit! LOL
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KB - you're a fashionista. You GOT THIS!

If you're worried about how neon will look on your body shape, you can do a neon tank or tee with a more subdued blazer, shrug, or other coverup. And of course, there are neon shoes, jewelry, and other accessories.

I also don't usually wear white. It looks good on my skin, but with my figure, I feel like I look like a 1960s nurse in it.
    "I wore twists outside for the first time and the world didn't explode. Hurray." - JaeFuma

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh wow! I had no idea KB. I'm dark too and not only do I wear all colors but that's usually when I get the most compliments is when I'm all colorful. I think all the hues of brown skin wear color beautifully. (Edit - I like bright clothes & bright lip colors, I'm personally not into most neon nails. Doesn't mean you can't wear them if you want to tho, KB! . )

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    Last edited by Soul Rebel; 07-29-2012 at 05:18 AM.
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kurliez View Post
    I remember reading an article that deep complexion folks shouldn't wear bold colors and then in a fashion magazine no pastels ever. Since I can't win, I wear whatever that doesn't include my birthday suit! LOL
    I stay away from pastels and most beiges. They don't do a thing for me.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

6. Likes bigpuff 02 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love neon on dark skin. I'm medium brown and it makes me want to get darker. I don't care much for neon on lighter skin or navy and black (especially navy) on darker skin.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PammiePC View Post
    KB - what kind of dogging did you get from people when you wore those colors, and who were those people?
    In grade school. I wore an orange dress and this guy in class said that i looked like a giant skittle and another time I was told that i look like a giant highlighter.

And you mentioned not wearing certain colors because they make you look darker, do you have an issue with being perceived as darker than you currently are, or did you have an issue with that in the past?
    Yes I have an issue with being perceived as darker. I hate it when my skin darkens (ESPECIALLY my face) cuz I don't like how it makes me look- I damn near don't recognize myself.

My 4th grade school photo, I wore my moms navy blue top and the photo backdrop was blue, therefore i looked 10x darker than what i really was and I HATED that photo. That's when i learned that blue isn't my friend, neither is white cuz the flash picks up the white & makes my face look darker.

My mother is lightskint and growing up she would say "KB, you're not THAT dark! You act like you're dark as the tar outside!" But as a child I WAS darker cuz I played outside (which is common obviously). As I've gotten older my skin isn't as dark as it was as a child cuz I'm not in the sun all day, however I don't like the feeling nor appearance of my skin being darker either. So I avoid being appeared as dark in photos (poor camera quality) and protecting my skin with basic sunscreen, huge strawhats, and headscarves if I'm at the beach.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're gorgeous, KB. That is all.
    BC'd: June 14th 2010! // Twitter // Blog

Go PANK. DO IT!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KB

In grade school. I wore an orange dress and this guy in class said that i looked like a giant skittle and another time I was told that i look like a giant highlighter.

Yes I have an issue with being perceived as darker. I hate it when my skin darkens (ESPECIALLY my face) cuz I don't like how it makes me look- I damn near don't recognize myself.

My 4th grade school photo, I wore my moms navy blue top and the photo backdrop was blue, therefore i looked 10x darker than what i really was and I HATED that photo. That's when i learned that blue isn't my friend, neither is white cuz the flash picks up the white & makes my face look darker.

My mother is lightskint and growing up she would say "KB, you're not THAT dark! You act like you're dark as the tar outside!" But as a child I WAS darker cuz I played outside (which is common obviously). As I've gotten older my skin isn't as dark as it was as a child cuz I'm not in the sun all day, however I don't like the feeling nor appearance of my skin being darker either. So I avoid being appeared as dark in photos (poor camera quality) and protecting my skin with basic sunscreen, huge strawhats, and headscarves if I'm at the beach.
    Aw

Im sorry this is such an issue for you. From what ive seen of you in pictures you're a gorgeous complexion and your skin looks really pretty. I've had darkie jokes made about me and I was so insouciant about it in one particular case I didn't even realize that it was happening. (I think I told the story before, I was at a comedy club wearing a bright yellow top and the comedian - who was already bombing - decided to start making fun of me. No one was laughing and when I finally realized all this unfunny was directed at me I just made a remark and started laughing. The audience laughed, he ran off the stage probably in tears...).

I can't lie - I don't care about getting darker at all so I won't say I relate to that part but I will say some shades of blue would probably brighten your complexion while others would make you look dead. Some yellows will illuminate you while others will make you look like mud, etc. For me it's about experimenting with color because the spectrum is so broad. Within any given individual color there really is - I believe - a shade for everyone.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast