Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Fat Locs Extensions

*WARNING! Large Photos Ahead!*

I've youtubed and haven't found a tutorial on how this is possibly done. The young woman have naturally thicker hair + locs than me, however I like how she added girth to each loc.

Do you think she possibly used marley hair to wrap around her own locs? How would one secure it (because it doesn't look burned)? Would a needle felting do the trick?

Her loose hair

^ Her naturally thick locs without the "extensions"

*her tumblr http://ingorancebliss.tumblr.com/ NSFW*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It does look like a marley hair is wrapped loosely around her locs. To seal this you would split the ends of the remaining marley hair and wrap them in an Upward direction. I'd warn not to split the sections that you wrap up too small because it would make the extension difficult to remove.

Here's a video I did on the technique I'm speaking of. The only difference is you wouldn't need to insert the hair into your base. You could opt to secure the root by folding an inch or so down your loc before wrapping from the root on down.

WARNING: The song used is an uncut version, so there is some profanity. Hope you find it helpful.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, for longer hair, before you even seal the ends, you should start the process again where you left off (overlap the end of the last piece of hair and the start of the next peice) if you run out of hair before you get to the ends.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Watched the youtube video, I love it! but it doesn't add length, though does it? If I could figure out a way to add a little length, I would try it some time.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can send her a message on tumblr to ask how she does her extensions by clicking the 'ask' link on her tumblr page. It should work for you even if you don't have a tumblr account. You'll just need to keep track of her page to see her response!

It does look like she used the wrap method for extensions. Be careful that the marly braid doesn't get tangled up in your locs after awhile, they will be hard to remove if you only want them for a short while.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love it!! They look soft as silk!
    The decisions you make in life can be detrimental if not chosen correctly.
    ~KellyVonn~
    Patience is key !

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is really interesting. I've seen people add color via wrapping before. If you dye human hair and wrap it around your existing loc it can add color with any bleaching, damaging of your locs as well. There's also the added benefit of fattening them up, too

Thanks for the video, NappilyT. I think the technique could be expanded to add length, via braiding down and wrapping up. That's pretty much how my human hair extensions were done. They were then palm rolled with a very light, water soluble gel.

Always something new to try

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NappilyT View Post
    It does look like a marley hair is wrapped loosely around her locs. To seal this you would split the ends of the remaining marley hair and wrap them in an Upward direction. I'd warn not to split the sections that you wrap up too small because it would make the extension difficult to remove.

Here's a video I did on the technique I'm speaking of. The only difference is you wouldn't need to insert the hair into your base. You could opt to secure the root by folding an inch or so down your loc before wrapping from the root on down.

WARNING: The song used is an uncut version, so there is some profanity. Hope you find it helpful.
    I'm not gonna lie, i'm having a hard time comprehending your directions as well as your video

Quote Originally Posted by fetisha View Post
    You can send her a message on tumblr to ask how she does her extensions by clicking the 'ask' link on her tumblr page.
    I'm a member of tumblr (have been for 2 years). I already sent her a message and she hasn't replied hence why i'm asking here. Thx though!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More or less, NappilyT, it'd be easier for me to see the technique in motion instead of photos. I appreciate your immediate input nonetheless

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My concern would be damage to the roots from the weight of all that extra hair.
    la vida es un carnaval.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast