Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Best time to color locs?

I've been wanting to color my hair for a while now. I'm 6 months into my journey. Would this be a good time to dye my hair? I know when you dye your hair you have to make sure you condition it so that your hair doesn't break off. But I read somewhere that you shouldn't really condition your hair if your hair isn't locked yet, since conditioner is used for detangling and the locing process is pretty much matted hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that once you get to the point where you can wash your locs without them unraveling at all (unless you're okay with that!), you should be fine dyeing them. Just to be safe before you dye, try using a conditioner on one loc and rinsing it vigorously to see how it reacts before doing your whole head

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fetisha View Post
    I would say that once you get to the point where you can wash your locs without them unraveling at all (unless you're okay with that!), you should be fine dyeing them. Just to be safe before you dye, try using a conditioner on one loc and rinsing it vigorously to see how it reacts before doing your whole head
    when I color my locs I rubber ban each one so that the parts are still in place and I would not have a hard time retwisting my loc.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by luvbear View Post
    when I color my locs I rubber ban each one so that the parts are still in place and I would not have a hard time retwisting my loc.
    That's a good idea too. I don't any parts to keep in mind, just random sections, so I didn't factor that in for people who do . I'll keep that one in mind for the future though!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks guys I went on ahead and dyed it last week! Couldn't wait anymore lol. I'm 8 months in, so no unraveling except my ends (those parts are acting stubborn and isn't locing yet). The color was darker than I wanted it to be so I'll give another go in about a month or so