Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Christian Thread..... Testimonies are welcomed!

glad to be back in Bible Study and spent an hour - that's how it's designed - last night going through the day's lesson. The topic for the week is "discipline" from the book True Woman 201, which begs me to get the True Woman 101 book as well. It really hit home that the things I think I'm "over" with come back to head when certain situations arise. Seeing a vision of my true self and I am acknowledging the work that needs to be done in my life/walk with God.
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink LONG - Testimony leading from last testimony

Hello all! I've been away for a while but something told me to log in today (probably that thing called procrastination) and I remembered this thread.

I can't remember the last time I logged in but my last testimony was in 2013 when I got onto the course to be a barrister (lawyer) in the UK. Well that was a year long course. It's 2015. Well, it did not go according to plan. Exams came in March/April 2014 and another set in June/July. Out of 12 exams I passed 10, failed two (PE and C)(C had two parts each requiring 60%, I failed both parts). My younger sister, who was taking the course at the same time at a different institution but our campuses were 5 mins apart, failed one. We had about 4 weeks to prepare for retakes. It was a v stressful time. My SO (product of me being on the full-time course!!) had failed 5 with one deferred. To be honest, I was more worried about him than I was myself as he had to deal with studying plus needing to find a place to live at the same time. I spent most of that period looking for a place for him to live, with my studies taking the back bench. Stupid, I know. The time came for the exams. PE was ok, C was a complete shambles. I knew there and then there was no way in hell I had passed that paper. Results came in late August. Sister and SO passed their exams, I had failed C (passed part 1, failed part 2 with 58.5%) but passed PE. However, I had a marginal fail, which meant I had a third chance. Hmm. God knows what he is doing.

I went to Ghana for 6 weeks to get myself together before coming back to prepare for this exam. So many things were just not working out. My parents had paid for a tutor who my mum had met and he said all the right things, but when I actually went for tutoring he was just not on the ball. There were times I would go and ask him questions and he would straight up say "I don't know. Google it." Like, are you serious?!? I didn't know how to tell my parents that they had wasted their money on this guy so I just pushed through. I was also running out of money so had to go back to work. Standing out in the freezing cold during winter at 6am handing out fliers. Smh. But, my study plan was on track so I kept going. Or so I thought. I had planned to be done with the 10 topics by the end of February, giving me all of March to just work on memorising the material. At the beginning of my tutoring, the uni's module documents stopped at 10. Logged in to the uni system at the end February searching for additional mock material, only to find out that the uni had been switching servers at the time so not all the material had been loaded. There were actually an extra 9 topics!! Lord. So I now had 5 weeks to learn an extra 9 topics on top of memorising the other 10 before. It seemed insurmountable. Again, I kept going to class with the useless tutor, pretending to my parents that I was on track, everything was good.

Then came April 8th. D-day. I had been praying (my SO isn't so religious, but I made him pray for me everyday LOL. I made EVERYDAMNBODY pray for me in the months building up. Sister, cousins, mum was doing all night etc). Since I was behind on my revision schedule, the night before I was still typing up notes and trying to learn a new topic. Just prayed that topic only had a couple of questions. One topic I legit just scanned through past questions and learned the answers from that, I didn't actually study the topic. Sat down in the exam hall, fairly confident (but still nervous obvs) because I KNEW I was more prepared than both times previously. Like, 200 times more prepared. I knew the stuff. Time began. Mercy Lord. It was like I knew the answers but didn't (part 1, multiple choice). I was too unsure of too many answers. Part 2. I knew stuff. I did. Answered all I was 100% sure about. A decent number, but remember I needed 60% to pass this section and paper. Worked through the others slowly. Going through I remember one particular question that I was fairly certain of that was worth 6 marks. This was a big question. I kept going back and forth because in the back of my mind, I was doubting what I had written. At the last minute I cancelled it and wrote something else. To be clear, there were potentially three correct answers. I had to apply the scenario to the possibilities and determine which was correct in this instance. There was another question that I remember which was on the topic I had only scanned through. I remembered two of the answers I had memorised, it was a three mark question. Thankful that at the last minute before leaving the house I had looked at that question.

End of paper. I knew by all means there would be some incorrect answers but overall hoping I'd done enough. Went to my bag and looked at my notes to check my answers. My initial answer to the 6 mark question was correct, I had substituted it for the wrong option. I was kicking myself. So angry because I knew it but had essentially cheated myself. Remembered another friend who had a resit with me the first time who was there because she had failed by ONE MARK. Just one. Scared because failing this time was the end. If I wanted to do it again, that would be another £20,000. For the next three months I was a wreck. I didn't want to think about it. I was actually making plans for what to do now I had failed because I honestly believed that I had. Even though I still had hope that there would be some kind of miracle because at random moments the panic would hit me and I would pray that God, I cannot believe you brought me this far only to see me fail. Out loud I would say I have not failed. My God would not do that to me. Did it once on the bus and people were looking at me like a crazy person coz of my mumbling haha.

July 10th came. I couldn't sleep the night before. I just kept praying, wondering how I could explain to my parents that my sister had succeeded where I had failed, not even once but thrice. Eventually fell asleep but was up for 9am, thinking results were out then. Turns out they were to be released at 12pm. I kept myself distracted with TV but as the time approached I kept getting more and more nervous. I refreshed my screen at about 11.50am and the results were up. Downloaded the PDF and scrolled for my number. Result: Not Competent (Fail). It took me a few seconds. My heart just stopped. Then I noticed the module titles/marks next to the result didn't match the modules I took. Looked again. I had read the wrong line. I had passed. JESUS. I just started to pray and thank God. Ran to my sister's room, who just saw my tears and began to panic. I managed to squeeze out "I passed!" in between my tears. She breathed a sigh of relief and shakily yelled at me for scaring her, saying she knew I'd passed as I cried. FaceTimed my dad first, who also by my face thought there was something wrong. He also visibly 'crumpled' (? Don't know how else do describe it) with relief. FaceTimed Mum, also thought something was wrong based on my face. When I told her I'd passed she went mental. Running around, screaming "Look at God! See my God! I knew he wouldn't let me down! Praise Him!" She actually hung up on me to run around LOL. All this time I hadn't messaged my SO so he was thinking I'd failed. When I called and told him, another sigh of relief. He started rambling "thank God, oh my goodness I've been so worried over the last few months.. you didn't message me at 12pm so I thought you failed!" Took me for champagne to celebrate that night

Long story ending. On July 28th 2015 my sister and I were Called to the Bar of England and Wales. I was so happy. Words cannot describe how I felt. Months of mental anguish. Yes my sister may have got a higher mark than I, but you know what? 70% of people who sat the Bar in 2014 nationwide failed. My third retake year had a similar failure rate. So people may say I didn't get the best grade. But there are people who had jobs waiting for them at the end of the course with chambers thinking there were able but who failed and lost those jobs. People who took loans to do the course but failed. I passed. It may have taken me three tries for one stupid (!) paper but I did it. Now I'm looking for pupillage and a job. Interning 2 days a week for free at a local hospital in their legal department, where other interns I came in to meet have all left for paid employment. (A position which again, I only got because my mum was bugging me about what my next step is. Went on the uni vacancy website, saw the vacancy and something told me to call on a whim as it was already about 4pm. Spoke to P, who said he was just about to take it down that day and invited me to interview that week!!) It is horribly frustrating. However, I know that God has not brought me this far to fail. (Gosh that was long! Congrats to you if you made it to the end!! V. emotional to type, actually cried typing lol).
    Last edited by GorgeousKinkz; 11-15-2015 at 01:40 PM. Reason: grammar
    ~Ghanaian princess~
    My Loc Blog

3. Likes CCmomof5, yround liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: LONG - Testimony leading from last testimony

AWESOME testimony, GorgeousKinkz!!! Look at God! I'm so happy for you. I love it when brothers and sisters in Christ persist in the face of difficulty, and then get to see God work it ALL out in their favor!!

I know your paid position is coming! Keep your focus and continue to trust God to open doors that no man can close!

5. Thanks GorgeousKinkz thanked for this post
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011