Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

reporting in to say that i LOVE my new job!

on the other hand, i'm feeling a little bit out of sorts because i've never worked any where the position hadnt already been . established and they already had clear goals and KPI already set up. since this is a brand spanking new position and i'm the "expert" they hired with the skills, it's pretty much up to me to determine what my goals and KPIs will be.

what makes it harder for me is that i'm situated at a different level than where i was in my previous positions since i'm now essentially the client i used to work for. so KPIs that i had in the past (number of quality complaints, on time deliveries, margins, etc) are meaningless in my new position.

i like the job but i'm feeling a bit mediocre at the moment since i need to figure out soon how what my goals are for the rest of the year

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks lik U Penn may actually get back to me. It's about damn time

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm just gonna stick with my two part-time jobs. F*** looking for a full-time one. Employers can spit all the BS they want about "Oh we have so many jobs but we can't find the right people to fill them!" All these people going back to school to get the skills YOU want and you can't find not ONE? Maybe the real issue is that you want the perfect candidate but you probably don't wanna pay them sh.it.

I don't need anymore debt so I'm not wasting any more money on school.

I'm tired of racking my brain to create the "perfect" cover letter/resume.

I'm tired of the backhanded insult rejection emails--"We were impressed with your qualifications but we found someone more qualified." F*** you, f*** you and double f*** you!

Maybe I'll start looking for jobs again...in about 5 years.
    Loc Updates! http://public.fotki.com/cher79/locs-part-2/

Last chemical fire cream November 2002. I transitioned and clipped the remaining p.ermed ends in April 2004.

Locs taken down and restarted. Twists put in 4/5/09.

4. Thanks ~Myrrh~ thanked for this post
    twix36 is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I am so with you! I just deciced the same thing on Thursday. I am done! I have a job and will ride it out until...

I had a phone interview Thursday morning. First the recruiter called me about 10 mins late so I'm doing this interview while driving to work. She knew ahead of time I had to be to work at 9:30! She asked her last question at 9:29 and when I got home that evening I saw that my "rejection" email had been sent at 9:44! I guess that heifer had her mind made up before we even got off the damn phone!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Random thoughts of the too-old-to-be-a-wannabe wannabe

The only thing I know for sure: I cannot do another summer like this past summer. I'm too old. Point blank period.

This new part-time gig I've got is getting a little easier but unfortunately it doesn't pay enough for me to live on. If I could get a second job that's similar to it -- one that's part-time and lets me work anywhere, at the hours I set -- that would be ideal because then I could move back to a city where black people actually speak to each other and men actually speak to me. I'd consider moving down to SC to be near my parents and sister but I'm convinced that if the American Taliban ever takes over this country, their spiritual base will be in SC. At least I'd be part of a badass family army though... I don't want to live in Chicago anymore and although Cleveland sounds tempting (affordability-wise), it's always been too gray and depressing for me.
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love teaching and doing therapy/counseling. I know that these are the 2 things I want to do for the rest of my life. Oh and I also want to supervise young therapists. The research - they can have that. I no longer feel the need to prove myself as a worthy member of the academy - not as a researcher anyway. Unless I'm helping people with an intervention and collecting/analyzing data on that, I plan to never do research again after I finish this dadgum dissertation.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I needed this three day holiday...can't wait to watch a good movie later and relax for the next two days.
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ I heard about the new Sailor Moon series too! I hope this one is good....

I, on the other hand, was too lazy to do much of anything this weekend, and I don't know if it was because I'm afraid of this potential craziness of this semester.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My old job needs me to testify in court tomorrow. Aside from the usual annoyance at having to deal with the nightmare that is the court system, I'm missing my first REAL day of school with my students. boooooo. Hopefully I'll be out of court in time to make it to school after recess, at least.

And I've decided to take an LSAT course. My undergraduate transcript is not pretty enough to risk not getting the best possible score. And I recognize that I'm not at a place (yet) where I can focus my mental energies the way I'd need to to study effectively on my own. The only problem now is finding enough free time to take the classes. Oh yeah, and finding the money
    the artist formerly known as Electra

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The deadline to have my grad school application is near the end of this month, and NONE of my reference people have gotten back to me yet! Should I call them and figure out what's going on?? I don't want to rush them, but I sure as heck don't want to start school next fall either. I'm bored working at Wal-Mart; I need to get back to exercising my brain.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast