Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ yeah we're reviewing the accounting cycle this week but I know revenue will be my albatross as well, getting a head start on it over the weekend for sure! It's basically do or die for me....I'll finally have the degree/certification to go along with the 10 -12 years experience....
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I failed . I got a 74. So close!!! I did cry and have a short pity party for myself. I just checked my score online about an hour ago. I was going to move on to AUD, but since I'm SOOOOO close I'm just going to take FAR again. Like SOON. I'm going to print out the report that shows my weak areas and schedule to take it in October. Which means I'm pushing AUD to possibly November or January. Ok, woosah. No more pity party.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's right Mirah, get right back in there!
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mirah- You were close indeed so I have faith that the second time will be the charm for you. Good luck!

Accounting is making a bit more sense to me now but revenue is still killing me. My first paper is due next week and I'm at a loss. I meet with my professor tomorrow to get some direction. I sure need it.

However, I heard about being an enrolled agent at an IRS workshop and it sounds so intriguing. Study, take some tests, apply with the IRS and make a nice salary. I will look into that during my last semester of grad school (or if I flunk out...)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the intermediate mid-term next Saturday is supposed to be brutal so I'm giving up my life the next 8 days to study..

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

never been so happy for a C- in my life! I totally thought I failed it....I only really studied a few hours, imagine had I prepped all along (like we were told when class started to know all the concepts and entries inside out)...but lesson learned, I'll knock it out the park for the next exam and the final, then there's Intermed II, Cost, Audit, Tax and I'm DONE!!!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a 24/25 on my first accounting paper and a 43/50 on my first finance/revenue paper!!! Shocked about revenue most of all as the mean was 40/50 and I had one of the higher scores. I have another revenue paper due next week as well as my first exam in accounting.

Now I just have to survive another 8 weeks, 3 papers and 3 presentations.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my classmates found out my kids are 17 and 19 they were like "wow, you look so YOUNG", I'm like naw I'm old but bless ya'll children!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks all for your encouragement! Assia, looks like you're doing quite well in accounting! Go, Savvyone, Go!!!

So I rescheduled my exam to the beginning of January 2013. Which means I will be starting from the beginning with my studying. I think it's the best. I'm currently in graduate school so I really don't want to have the added stress of the CPA exam affecting studying for graduate school. And to be honest, I'm not willing to sacrifice what little free time I have to cram for the CPA exam. I'm sure there are people that are managing both grad school, full time work, and cpa prep; I commend them! LOL!

I'm mapping out a realistic plan for preparing for the exams and passing! I will still be super busy but not stressed . I plan on taking Audit after my repeat with FAR. From there it's a toss up between REG and BEC. I will see when I get to that point :-). Good news is I'm giving myself ample time to prepare for FAR so I will succeed this time!

And of course I'm still doing some things for my (small) business. It would be good to have the extra money :-).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's times like these I wish I could afford a sabbatical or leave of absence from work so I could completely focus on school....

I'm sure there are people that are managing both grad school, full time work, and cpa prep
    honey, as much as I want to get 'er done there is NO WAY I could do all that, thank God I already have 140 credits, otherwise I wouldn't even bother with the CPA...I'm meeting with a forensic accountant to expand my network in that area. It's kind of exciting finding out the different career paths available to us...

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast