Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iPhone 5

welp... guess I was wrong when I thought they wouldn't do the 5 so soon after the 4s. Apple = crack dealers (I JUST got my 4s so I won't be getting the 5 anytime soon)

(click image to go to article...it may take you to an ad first...)
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ It's been 337 days and counting since the release of the 4S. That's like, like, forever man.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KoilyLocGirl View Post
    ^ It's been 337 days and counting since the release of the 4S. That's like, like, forever man.
    It's been a year already?? Oh well then there you go. Time flies...I can't keep up

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I forgot that the big thing with the iPhone 5 was LTE. I don't really know what that even means. I do remember reading that a lot of Android users got kinda screwed when they had LTE phones but most areas didn't have much of any LTE coverage. I hear Sprint - who I went to when I switched to iPhone - does not have a lot of LTE coverage yet, and that they have to do a lot of "network upgrades". Maybe that's why my network was down part of today and I missed an important phone all . Anyway, I'm good with my 4s. My brother was thinking about the 5 but we both agree now that it's more of a wait-and-see time with the iPhone 5.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From what I've heard (because I didn't care that much to pay attention to the press conference) is it's thinner and longer, but the new features are few and far between. It's not like they've really added anything significantly new based on what people are saying.

However, yeah, now that I'm pretty much certain that I'll get a MacBook Air, I notice they churn out new models pretty much yearly. (I decided to send the close out model I got back when it arrives and just ante-up for the newer model as 1) it has more memory and 2) is upgradable if I need it - the one I ordered isn't.)

Apple has the market share now, which is good, but what got them there was innovation. We'll see how they do on that with Steve Jobs gone.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

"Fall seven times a day, stand up eight." - Japanese Proverb

“All truth is good, but not all truth is good to say.” - African Proverb

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    From what I've heard (because I didn't care that much to pay attention to the press conference)is it's thinner and longer, but the new features are few and far between. It's not like they've really added anything significantly new based on what people are saying.

However, yeah, now that I'm pretty much certain that I'll get a MacBook Air, I notice they churn out new models pretty much yearly. (I decided to send the close out model I got back when it arrives and just ante-up for the newer model as 1) it has more memory and 2) is upgradable if I need it - the one I ordered isn't.)

Apple has the market share now, which is good, but what got them there was innovation. We'll see how they do on that with Steve Jobs gone.
    Lol werd. Yes I'm also going off hearsay & blogposts. I never watch the Apple announcement thingies. I'm also planning to get a MBAir and (an iPad 3) so that will be my contribution to the Apple fund for this year. Good to know about the expandability of the upcoming MBAir because as much as I've always liked it, that's always been one of my concerns with it. And yeah, that's the $64,000 question, isn't it? I don't envy CEO bro-man that's having to fill Jobs shoes right now... That's said I would assume that having all the rest of the "innovation team" in place makes the transition somewhat easier...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^
    Be careful because all of the current models aren't upgradable. I was going to get the 13" with the same specs as the high end 11" one only to notice that the 13" one isn't upgradable. The 11" one is also cheaper. The screen is smaller but that's good as it will encourage me to only use the MBA for work and then shift to my iPad for playtime. The only 13" one that you can upgrade is the top of the line one that goes for $1400 and I just won't spend that much on a computer no matter how cool it is. I'm just sick of walking around with a heavy bags, so it's time for a light computer. MBAs are exactly that.

I'll do a little research to see what's better: the 2" of space I'd get or upgradability.
    "The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it." - Chinese Proverb

8. Thanks Soul Rebel, missfit757 thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With all of that I ended up getting a 13" MBA but I got lucky as I know someone who works for Apple. I bit of a discount was better than none. I upgraded the RAM to 8GB because it was either do it now or don't do it at all.

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scribetastic View Post
    With all of that I ended up getting a 13" MBA but I got lucky as I know someone who works for Apple. I bit of a discount was better than none. I upgraded the RAM to 8GB because it was either do it now or don't do it at all.
    Congrats! I shall be joining you soon.