Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    ^me too. It's becoming harder not to s l o w down to detangle at my length [@ MBL stretched, shoulder length otherwise].
    ETA: I wore a wng today
    ....I have too much hair to use a Denman to define curls, so tonight I decided to make two strand twists, then wear it out tomorrow. I cannot wear my hair out for longer than a day, or I'm crusin' for a brusin'.
    I'm in the same boat! Love that I'm retaining length - hate the hours-long detangling sessions! Then again, because of the density of my hair, it's been taking me way too long to detangle for years, so I should just get over it and plan better so that I have to time to not rush it!

OHR - You wearing that wash 'n go inspires me! I'm still trying to work up the nerve to try it again. While I can get away with wearing a braid-out for several days, I just feel like even 1 day of wearing a fully out wash 'n go will leave me in tears later.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair ranges from 2-3 inches past chin length to BSL and I find that finger detangling my hair first w/conditioner has saved me time and energy. This is my regime for the past 2+ years and it is done on dry hair:

1) Mist my hair w/water to help separate hair in sections
    2) I take one section mist again, apply Aussie moist (not the mega moist), finger detangle and then twist each section (10-15 twists)
    3) Wash my hair: cleansing my scalp and squeezing the poo or conditioner on the remaining hair shaft and rinse
    4) Apply a deep conditioner on the twsts *and if I am feeling wasteful, I then take each twist down individually, rinse and finger detangle*, but 99.5% of the time, I skip to #5
    5) I rinse my hair w/the twists squeezing the hair shaft to remove the deep conditioner

I am now left with clean sectioned and detangled hair that I can apply my leave in, moisturizers/sealants, and style my hair in sections.

Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair sounds like yours. I had a fight with my hair a few months ago.

I had not been detangling as regularly as I should have and wearing my hair in a single braid ponytail.... I ended up with a big matted mess on one side. I thought I would never get it out. So what I did was, I used JB Castor Oil and coated my hair in it from scalp to ends, especially over the most tangled areas.

Used my fingers to rub the tangles so the oil got right through there. Then I wrapped my hair up put on a hat and left it that way for about 6hrs.

Then I used my fingers and tangle teaser like a carding comb against my skin to work through the tangles, pulling them apart with my fingers first and working from ends to scalp. I did this in sections. Then I used a wide toothed comb and denman and worked through the final few tangles. I took about an hour.

It really did the job.

I then washed and conditioned. Left the conditioner on for about an hour, then rinsed and my hair was completely detangled. My scalp was sore for a few days though. I am using the oil regularly now and it has really helped with having a healthier scalp, less tangles and softer hair. I'm about to write a review on the oil.
    "The truth is, your natural hair, in all its texture, is the hair that is ideal for YOU.."
    ~Dee~

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I received my seamless comb today (Magic Star 5660).

The main reason why I have stuck with the TT is because all of my previous wide tooth combs would get stuck midway or lock in a knot while detangling a large section of hair. Well that didnt happen with this comb and I am digging it.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Where did you order it from? I need a seamless comb, and can't find them in any local stores.

Olahh is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.hotcombs.net/magic-star-jumbo-rake/

It took me a week to decide to purchase this comb because of the price but I have accumulated 3 TT's.
    Mango Smoothie...try one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have my hair trimmed regularly and I find this helps. Very few stringy tangles. I have to admire those of you who spend four hours detangling your hair.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    Then I used my fingers and tangle teaser like a carding comb against my skin to work through the tangles, pulling them apart with my fingers first and working from ends to scalp. I did this in sections. Then I used a wide toothed comb and denman and worked through the final few tangles. I took about an hour.
    How many sections? I've done as few as 4 sections [which is a joke because I have to section within the section]. Did you lose a lot of hair?

Quote Originally Posted by deecoily View Post
    I then washed and conditioned. Left the conditioner on for about an hour, then rinsed and my hair was completely detangled. My scalp was sore for a few days though. I am using the oil regularly now and it has really helped with having a healthier scalp, less tangles and softer hair. I'm about to write a review on the oil.
    deecoily, did you wash and condition in twists at all? I've done both loose and in twists, and I don't know if I'm doing my scalp a favor by NOT washing each section loose. Ezcema [stress related] is an issue for the moment.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    [COLOR=#0000cd]

deecoily, did you wash and condition in twists at all? I've done both loose and in twists, and I don't know if I'm doing my scalp a favor by NOT washing each section loose. Ezcema [stress related] is an issue for the moment.
    I know that you weren't talking to me, OHR, but I just wanted to share that I also have scalp issues, (psoriasis/seborrheic dermatitis) and when I do wash my hair in twists (which I will do every time from now on), I do the roots loose enough to allow me to get to my scalp with my fingers, and as long as I get the shampoo in there, my scalp does fine. I put an applicator top (with a tip) on my shampoo bottle so I can squeeze the shampoo directly on my scalp, then even if the hair isn't fully separated, I can still cleanse the scalp under it.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Olahh View Post
    http://www.hotcombs.net/magic-star-jumbo-rake/

It took me a week to decide to purchase this comb because of the price but I have accumulated 3 TT's.
    Thanks for the link I ordered one today!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast