Thread: Discouraged!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you have to be panked to be able to post pics...Other option is, if you have an online photo album, you could share the link.

I'm 6.5 months in, my loctician says I'm on my way to locdom. I have a lot of budding and condensing going on. I am clueless on this journey but I stay on NP, watch several locs videos and fotkis to get an idea of what is going on.
    I understand every journey is different but reading other people's "locumentaries" assures me that I will not be stuck in one stage forever, feels like it's not growing and I will be forever fuzzy but I'll be sticking it out to the end....something will happen, something has to happen..lol!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is growing a lot but it has gotten to the point where it does whatever it wants to do. That is what frustrates me. I don't really miss the loose hair styles. My loc's are doing fine. I just don't know how long of a process this is going to take and I'm anxious for some results.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't be discouraged! Everyones' hair is different & does its own thing at its own time!
    So hang in there & be patient. My locs just turned 2 years old & still aren't completely locd.
    I too would get discouraged towards my beginning stages but i started to use a sea salt water miXture for a good 3-4 months and that helped alot; maybe you can look into that.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kellbonez, sounds like your hair is acting like a teenager, or is in the teenager stage. We would love pictures to see how your hair is going, but my question to you is, have you taken pictures of your locs throughout the whole journey? It's something that I learned to do after my first locing attempt that helps me see how much progress my hair has gone through. Looking for changes in the mirror regarding our hair every day causes doubt because we aren't necessarily able to see those changes in such a short period of time. However, taking a few pictures once a month (or a snapshot in time) could help in seeing what your hair is actually going through. I'm not sure if I explained it clearly, but it does help with my frustration and I'm honestly in awe at how much my hair has changed over the past 11 months.
    BC: Nov. 29, 2007
    Locs: Dec. 07, 2011
    BC #2: July 11, 2018

Member since November 2007

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DaBlackLady View Post
    Kellbonez, sounds like your hair is acting like a teenager, or is in the teenager stage. We would love pictures to see how your hair is going, but my question to you is, have you taken pictures of your locs throughout the whole journey? It's something that I learned to do after my first locing attempt that helps me see how much progress my hair has gone through. Looking for changes in the mirror regarding our hair every day causes doubt because we aren't necessarily able to see those changes in such a short period of time. However, taking a few pictures once a month (or a snapshot in time) could help in seeing what your hair is actually going through. I'm not sure if I explained it clearly, but it does help with my frustration and I'm honestly in awe at how much my hair has changed over the past 11 months.
    I have done this without even noticing. I have pictures from the day I've started and now that I'm about 8 months in and looking back I'm able to see int changes in texture that I think may be budding. My hair has grown a lot and it is very healthy. I'm happy now. Before when I felt discouraged I just felt like my locs weren't really going anywhere but by looking at pictures of myself that I've taken and others have taken I can see the difference.

6. Likes Moderator E liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another reason why I may have been discouraged is because all of my non natural friends were trying to tell me what to use for my natural hair. I know they meant well with all their research and things but I was buying a lot of products and wasting a lot of money.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We all know that the loc journey takes time and patience. You have to be commited to that journey and have loads and loads of patience, and then some.
    You cannot stay on this journey without patience. It´s as simple as that. I´m now 11 months locd. I knew from my many hours of research that I would need patience in order to keep my locs. They are locd now, but have condensed a lot, but I have no desire whatsoever for my loose hair, which I had for 8 yrs.
    Before I started my loc journey, I was already committed, and expected the good, the bad, and what they call "the ugly", though I don´t care for that word for my locs. Be committted to your locs. Two years from now, you´ll look back at this thread and smile, because your locs will not look like they do today. Don´t give up.

BTW, why do you let your non natural friends tell you what to use on your hair?
    Uzuri - May 2006 NoTM
    Joined NP on 2003
    last chemical fire cream-April -May 2002, Cut off all relaxed hair-Nov 2nd 2003
    Loc´d Dec 11, 2011, redid some on Jan 1st, 2012

9. Likes Sahha liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Uzuri i agree patience is key. And I don't pay my friends any real attention when they talk to me about hair and products. I just let it float in one ear and out the other.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm wondering if your friends made you feel bad and it's affecting how you see your locs...if so I think most people can relate to that feeling. It will pass.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kellbonez View Post
    Another reason why I may have been discouraged is because all of my non natural friends were trying to tell me what to use for my natural hair. I know they meant well with all their research and things but I was buying a lot of products and wasting a lot of money.

dont listen to them!!! this happened to me recently, man with a receding hair line telling me i should "do" my locs more often. i was so hurt by his opinion that i actually manicured my locs! i dont know why i did that, lol next time they say something smile and tell them you know what you're doing!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12