Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^

I would LOVE to see that too. But I'm not getting my hopes up because we all know that the NBA brass will make sure that there is a Heat/Spurs final. More money to be made that way.

Go SPURS!!!!!!

#irefusetojumpontheheatbandwagon
    ~Love the hair you have~

2. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Game 7 of the eastern conference finals on the way! Really hoping that the Pacers sit the Heat down, but I'm not too confident that will happen.

OAN: Is it football season yet?
    hey now! I'm not a Football fan, don't be bringing that into my bball thread!

I am SOOOOOOOOOO chanting for the Pacers to beat the Heat. That would bring some small redemption to the otherwise heinous season I had to endure lol
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

4. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MommieDearest View Post
    ^^

I would LOVE to see that too. But I'm not getting my hopes up because we all know that the NBA brass will make sure that there is a Heat/Spurs final. More money to be made that way.

Go SPURS!!!!!!

#irefusetojumpontheheatbandwagon
    Well if it ends up being a Spurs/Pacers final that would be the Commissioner's fault, wouldn't it? He's Mr. "The Small Market Teams Need A Chance to Win, Too" equanimity guy. It'll serve him right to get the lowest rated Finals ever, in his last year as Commish.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't watch the rest of this game. Booo! Could the Pacers have been any sorrier??!!!!

Ah well, make room for me, MommieDearest - Goooo Spurs!!!

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    Can't watch the rest of this game. Booo! Could the Pacers have been any sorrier??!!!!

Ah well, make room for me, MommieDearest - Goooo Spurs!!!
    Alas they are looking like the young, inexperienced team that they are, much like my Grizz did (only obvs the Grizz were far far far worse). If the Pacers don't mess things up internally the way the Grizz are currently doing, they have a bright future as an organization.

For now, however, unless something miraculous happens I guess I'll be rooting for the Spurs (which as a Laker is a bit painful but seriously, #AnyoneButTheHeat )

Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and THAT"S why I wanted the Spurs to win the WCF even tho as a team I prefer the Grizz. I need veterans that can BEAT THE HEAT!!!

9. Likes CCmomof5 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ Yes ma'am!! Great game! Although I don't really have an NBA team, I've liked the Spurs since David Robinson. Tonight, Tony Parker was the MAN!!

Keep it going SPURS!!!!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Spurs' offense makes "athletes" look like fools. A healthy Spurs team that isn't battered while they're playing defense seems impossible to dominate. The Heats' offensive strategy relies heavily on isolation and moving screens. Those moving screens are not likely to work on the road and they're already down a home game.

At one point when James was trying to isolate on the post, I saw that he wasn't standing his ground and ended up with his right foot all the way on the three point line after pivoting from the catch. There was no resistance to him catching at the post, as the defender wasn't even touching him and is a soft defender even if he tried to put up physical resistance.

During isolation for James on the left side, if Bosh wasn't feeding into the post, he was hiding in the corner for a three point attempt which the Spurs would gladly avail. This is so much so that with Ginobli (?) freelancing at the foul line and Bosh's man completely selling out into a double-team on LeBron, James was being triple teamed without anyone fouling him or messing up a critical assignment.

Ginobli could get away with helping one pass away because James was already dealing with the double and couldn't have possibly gotten a meaningful pass to Bosh nor does Bosh have a lights out quick release jumper to punish folk with from that range. Ginobli was guarding Wade and was able to contest his jumper at the top of the key and that was basically the foil for tonight. Wade has lost a step so he isn't a threat for explosive back screen drives from one pass away.

If James can properly position himself in the post, he can dominate even a double and get the right people in foul trouble. Without figuring out some way to frustrate the Spurs' D (with James in the post being the most reliable method), the "athletes" on the Heat are going to be left to get picked apart by the most fundamentally sound offense in the league.

If the Heat drop this series, the Lakers may have a fighting chance of getting James in '14. Gasol is on the table and Dwight can either stay in LA or try for Houston or the Warriors. The Warriors need a lot of cooperation, even within their division (?) to get Dwight. Atlanta is also said to have a fraction of a chance of getting him if he doesn't want to wait to see if LA can get James or Anthony.

As for this finals series, unless something crazy happens with the refs, I can't see the Heat catching up and making a game 7. The Spurs have a coach who can punish any weaknesses and this era of athletic specimens with retarded fundamental development can't really compete even with the refs letting them get away with walks, travels, moving screens, etc.

For political reasons and to keep the Lakers from getting away with their shenanigans, I hope the Heat win and Dwight Howard doesn't stay with the Lakers. I don't like the Lakers' coach with Howard. I also think Dwight may try to stay for five years with the Lakers rather than be a hot potato who isn't even moving to proven contenders (unless he goes with the warriors). His experience in Orlando may give him the foresight to bite the bullet, plus the very real possibility of getting James to play with him and the other Gasol brother.

For the beauty of non-corrupt basketball skills, I'd love to see the Spurs keep airing out the "athletes" as the commentators try to figure out some way to explain to layman how the gods got diced up without blaming it on Bosh being soft or James not having a killer instinct.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 06-07-2013 at 05:09 AM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

12. Thanks Soul Rebel, Ororo thanked for this post
    Likes Soul Rebel, CCmomof5, MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even tho I'm a Laker that was an excellent post.

(I'm not particularly a Dwight fan.... I don't dislike him... I'm neutral. Do NOT, however, get me started on Mike No-D'Antoni... )

14. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Kobe leaves after next year, what's your temperature check on Phil Jackson coaching your squad with Dwight and LeBron? I think Dwight is a bust in any duo beside being with Steph Curry, unless maybe if Phil Jackson can make something work. With LeBron facilitating in the post, instead of Dwight who can't shoot FTs so can't be caught dead trying to facilitate, Dwight could focus on crashing the boards.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 06-07-2013 at 08:14 AM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

16. Likes Soul Rebel liked this post
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast