Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't watch YouTube that often - I just don't have the time to get lost in the vids the way I end up doing - but I do like cynthiarf, because her hair is kind of similar to mine. Her ability to consistently do wash 'n go's still blows my mind.

Whatever she did to it didn't change it too much. I'd be lying if I didn't say that I'll be disappointed if she did put a chemical in it - for selfish reasons, though, not because I think my opinion about what she does to HER hair is of any importance. I just really appreciate seeing naturals with a lot of super coily hair show that it CAN be managed without chemicals or locs (nothing against locs, tho). If I had a dollar for every time someone told me that I was not going to be able to handle "all this hair" natural, unless I loc it - and another dollar for every time I neglected it for too long and felt like the naysayers had won , I'd have a nice little stash to pay someone else to handle this mane every now and then.

... that is, if I trusted my hair to anyone else anymore...
    Last edited by CCmomof5; 10-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CCmomof5 View Post
    I just really appreciate seeing naturals with a lot of super coily hair show that it CAN be managed without chemicals or locs (nothing against locs, tho).
    I feel the exact same way .

So I got my CO pre-poo on for overnight, and tomorrow's wash day. Yesterday, I actually found a big ol coil hanging out of my braid . This time I might make 2 braids and wrap them around for a bun.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rinsed out my DC/pre-poo this morning, detangled, and braided my hair back up. It took a bit longer to do my braid because I didn't use a ponytail holder. I kept running out of hair for sections of my braid since I apparently can't part without a mirror . My braid ended up a bit wonky, but I found that I could curl the end up and tuck and secure it into the base. I love it! It looks very ladylike, if I do say so myself.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AfroIsland View Post
    Rinsed out my DC/pre-poo this morning, detangled, and braided my hair back up. It took a bit longer to do my braid because I didn't use a ponytail holder. I kept running out of hair for sections of my braid since I apparently can't part without a mirror . My braid ended up a bit wonky, but I found that I could curl the end up and tuck and secure it into the base. I love it! It looks very ladylike, if I do say so myself.
    ETA:
    Next time I redo the braid, I won't DC or pre-poo. I'm definitely not going to do either overnight again (I know better). Although my hair isn't mushy yet, I can tell that it's creeping into the over-moisturized zone. Also, the very end of my braid from 4 days ago had looped into a knot, so I had to cut that out. Considering that I tend to get knots on almost all of my twists and braids, I was relieved that that was all.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'ma need for you to post a pic of this "ladylike" braid, Ms. AfroIsland

On another note, I think I have found a deep condish that I will use regularly! This is big for me because I typically avoid proteins, and most of the natural conditioners without protein don't do anything "deep" for my hair. I usually just add some honey and/or oils to a regular conditioner to make it a deep conditioner, but I had this new bottle of Giovanni Smooth as Silk Deep Moisture Conditioner from a sale a while back and decided to go ahead and give it a try. Washed my hair on Saturday, and slept in the Giovanni conditioner on Saturday night. After letting my hair dry for several hours under a T-shirt, my hair was so clean and soft!! No bad reaction to the protein in the Giovanni conditioner! I added a little leave-in and oil, and today I wore my hair in soft jumbo twists under a hat with a little hanging out in the front.

I posted in the other protection thread that I will try to use this conditioner about once a month, or as needed. I tried to do something creative with these jumbo twists so that I could wear them out, but because I usually don't really have to worry about the parts when I do small twists, my parts were just too bad to wear these jumbo ones out.

I'm thinking about re-doing some of the parts and trying again tomorrow.... thinking about it.........
    Last edited by CCmomof5; 10-29-2012 at 11:49 PM.

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well approaching week 2. sandy kicked our butt so hair is the last thing on my mind. I did wash and detangle my weave with conditioner last night as it was getting tangled

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cerendipity View Post
    Well approaching week 2. sandy kicked our butt so hair is the last thing on my mind. I did wash and detangle my weave with conditioner last night as it was getting tangled
    I'm glad to hear that you're okay

8. Thanks Cerendipity thanked for this post
    Likes Cerendipity liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AfroIsland View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you're okay
    Ditto, @Cerendipity - I can imagine how unimportant hair is after Sandy!! What a blessing that you are OK!!

10. Thanks Cerendipity thanked for this post
    Likes Cerendipity liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know and thanks for the well wishes, now a sister needs a full tank of gas. Its no joke in NJ!

almost makes me want to shop to relieve some stress!

I think Sandy is a blessing because Im totally not missing my hair!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair acted a fool on my last wash. It took me 20 mins to do an acv rinse and detangle . I lost twice the hair I did just 4 days prior which included breakage that I hadn't seen in the 4 other times I've done this. Also my ends weren't curly! I changed 3 things:
    1. I did the braid/plait without a ponytail holder.
    2. I wore my braid tucked into the bun the whole time.
    3. I didn't pre-poo.
    What went wrong? Numbers 1 and 2 . After this wash, I put my hair in a dang ponytail holder first, and I'm not bunning it. Hopefully my results will be back to normal when I wash on Tuesday.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast