Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Do you think Romney could win this thing?

The thought terrifies me - not because he is a republican and I am not, but because of what he seems to stand for... NOTHING. And his running mate makes me even more frightened. I have never seen such vitriol being thrown around and aimed squarely at the President by the rabid right wing. The nooses, the comments after Colin Powell endorsed Obama... the Kenya references, the Affirmative Action slanders, the entitlement slurs... I just can't take much more of it.

I used to have some respect for the GOP before they swung so far to the right with that destructive Tea Party but I must say, if that ticket wins the election, showing that the majority of Americans want this type of person's leadership, I doubt I will ever return to the States.

I am beginning to think that even though I don't agree with all his positions, that President Obama is too good to be the President of the United States if it is full of jacka sses like the ones I am seeing. It's just racism run rampant.

How do you feel about it?

2. Likes Red DeSTiny, Msretta liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I do and it honestly does not make me feel good. It's still fresh in my mind how I felt with the 2000 election and I would not like to have a repeat. Romney stands for things that I simply do not support.

Confession: I perked myself up the other day by reading Senator Kennedy's concession speech from the 1980 Democratic Convention http://www.historyplace.com/speeches/tedkennedy.htm. It was not a good year for us Dems but his speech is timeless and honestly embodies what it means for me personally to be a Democrat .

Chin up to all of us -- we have a few weeks to go. We will get through it .
    Last edited by Cutie McPretty; 10-27-2012 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Added Text

Locs 2nd Set: April 3rd 2012 - Yup they're back

4. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think anything is POSSIBLE. What I have been hearing is that it DOES NOT MATTER. Obama is NOT black like me. So I haven't had my "Black President" (aka a John Street type of Black Man who was Philadelphia's former mayor) Obama ain't did crap for regular families, poor people or anything for our country. He was constructed to lull the Muslim world that controlled the oil, and then topple their governments.

Romney is just a stupidazz white man, he's gonna do what is in the best interests of HIS people. Nothing is going to happen until folks understand that their POWER is in their local governments.

I went to my state reps office in the area where I want to develope those two daycares, two building could be had and renovated for under $60,000. You know what he told me. Economic collapse is inevitable and both parties are just kicking the ball further and further out. He told me December when the Bush tax cuts expire and different aspects of the Patriot Act will be enforced with more vigor.

Mean while, the rich are getting richer, driving a taxi has been a real eye opener, if you hear the crap being talked about in a cab. Philadelphia has experienced this HUGE influx of New Philadelphians. YOUNG whites and asians with money to burn, very few brownskinned people of any race. Affluent people WITHOUT children are living it up and people with families are so exhausted, there won't be a revolution until enuf of the old heads are can organize get folks to advocate for themselves.

No body wants to work for anything anymore or take risks, everyone thinks they can keep running away from the problems we face.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

6. Likes deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He seems to present his views and take to public service in an upstanding manner for the times and norms of this society. I don't recall in my lifetime any of the 'bipartisan' system's presidential candidates appealing to and compelling my interests nor have any of them foreshadowed demise of the Union. I don't buy into the general vilification and/or domestication of Americans lawfully seeking office. Setting the ridicule and partisan loyalist stuff aside, as I don't entertain either, it does seem he has a more than reasonable shot. From what I've observed, our current President doesn't have policy forward momentum rather than a few war crimes and partisan-appealing scuffles to speak of.

I've never had interest in voting for either of them, as I've found to be the case with many truly Independent voters I've had occasion to confer with, and I do believe that bodes especially well for Romney's chances. While I also get the impression that a lot of Independent voters are rather inclined to just pick from the bipartisan system "in the end", I strongly consider that "playing to the bases" can work better for Romney because Obama has (for whatever reason) conceded to blaming partisanship for his impotence. Outside of loyalists and specific to mainstream social voters, playing the victim and trying to ride out as the dutiful incumbent will either fail or succeed spectacularly.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I really believe he could pull this off and I'm stressed.

I WAS a registered Independent and didn't vote along party lines until President Obama was elected and people started going insane.

It sickened me to see that some politicians weren't even worried about what their core base wanted. All they wanted to do was hold people's lives for ransom while they played games to make Obama and his administration look incompetent.

I've followed Mitt's political career for years. He's always been Teflon Don. He doesn't stand for anything. He's a mirage and lacks depth. He reminds me so much of pop culture, which is led by fads and sound bytes.

He's that kid that on Monday is a hipster, Wednesday he's Emo, Friday he's Preppy, and Saturday-Sunday he's a Hip-Hop Head. He will be whatever it takes to seem cool no matter the cost. But he's so bland that no one remembers anything about him so he blends into each crowd with no problem.

He would be a disaster for our foreign relations. He would be a disaster for our economy. He would be a disaster for civil rights. He would be a disaster for our education system. Once he's in office he will have to answer to all these different groups that he's promised the world. He won't be able to do that because he's been on both sides of the fence. And people who were already on the edge will explode.
    Formally MzCuteBrownLeo
    My Blog

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, I do think Mittens could win. And as stated by others upthread, it scares the bejeebus out of me. A Romney presidency would be the same as Bush II's. Just as Cheney (and others) REALLY ran things behind the scenes, the same would be true of Ryan and his accomplices.

@Cutiemac, they've been trying to fix this election ever since Obama took office in 2009. They've been pushing this "voter ID" thing with a vengeance. Trust and believe, there will be some shennanigans at the polls and ballots will be tampered with. Watch Florida closely- those mofos are shady as all get-out.
    ~Love the hair you have~

10. Likes Msretta liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's going to be very close which is what concerns me. i have a feeling that this election might become another one where the popular vote goes one way and the electoral vote another.

and yeah i really do think mittens could. go. all. the. way

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two articles that deciphers the numbers, y'all decide where the truth lies.

Obama will win.

Look at the poll averages to see where the truth lies.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

13. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The popular vote will be very close, but as long as he keeps his projected lead with the electoral college, Obama will win. (I think he's at 295 & Romney is at 242. You need 270 to win.)

I was just thinking today, though, that this big Frankenstorm that they are talking about could be the real October surprise. Historically, bad weather has worked out in the Republicans favor. One analyst in an article that I read even went so far as to say that Gore would have won if the weather had been better. The storm could discourage people from voting early - which usually favors democrats - and could leave blackouts and dangerous road conditions in it's wake. All these issues should be resolved be Nov. 6, but who knows with these things.

Also, Obama will have to walk a fine line between showing concern for the folks affected by the storm, and encouraging them to get out and vote anyway...especially in the swing states...
    Last edited by skittles04; 10-27-2012 at 11:10 PM.

15. Likes gigglezk, deecoily, MommieDearest liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 7 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes the Frankenstorm has me worried also. For people's safety as well as the voting disruption.

I agree with the view that Romney doesn't stand for anything. He never has. He says different things to different people, he will say whatever you want to hear. A jacked up used car salesman.

My worry is that if he does get in, the US will fall to the corporations, and Intellexual, you know I luv ya --- and understand your point, but a Romney presidency would do much more permanent harm to the US than an Obama presidency could ever cause. If it is the lesser of two evils, then a sensible person would have to vote Obama in this election. Not third party. The risks are too great. But that's just my OP.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast