Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Loc/color damage HELP!

Hey guys,

So I have been locked for about 1 year and 8 months with my second set of locs. About 7 months ago I got my hair bleached. First of all my hair was wayyyy to light, lighter than I really wanted it...my aim was for a golden brown that I had on my first locs. I was nearly platinum blonde and only my roots were that color and the tips were darker gold/brown which had never happened before. I should have probably took action then but I just put a rinse over it to darken the color. I think that may have been a mistake. Adding insult to injury.

But my locks are extremely dry, brittle and they don't even look or feel healthy. A friend suggested a protein treatment but I would like other suggestions to explore my options. I have started using tea tree oil, olive oil every day and hawaiin silky 14 in 1 moisturizer when I'm heading out. I wash with Herbal essences color me happy, I deep treat about every 2 weeks with dr. Miracles deep treatment And leave-in with garnier fructise for color treated hair.

I definitely will appreciate any suggestions or similar stories that can be helpful!

Thank You

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wondering, what's wrong with doing a protein treatment? When you bleach your hair, it makes it porous, or makes little holes and gaps along the hair shaft. Protein fills those gaps and makes the hair stronger and a bit less brittle.

I came here hoping someone had answered your question. I overbleached the tips on some (about 6) of my locs, and I was wondering about good protein treatments for locs. My hair is naturally nonporous, and I usually try to stay away from protein due to that, so protein is a new thing for me. I realize that chemically altering my hair will change the gameplan a bit in terms of my hair needing protein.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I used the wheat protein she mentions in this video after an intensive coloring adventure.
    I also now occasionally use It's a 10 Leave in with keratin just for a bit of a boost. I read that tip on Loc'd Glory.

Coloring is rough

4. Thanks coalblacklocs thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Loc/color damage HELP!

I am suffering damage too at the moment. Last year involved lots of dye and bleach with little maintenance or care. terrible I know... I've decided I won't color anymore but I gotta take better care of my hair. I mixed up a serious veggie glycerin/black castor oil leave it. its doing better.. maybe i need a protein treatment too

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Loc/color damage HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Desdesdes View Post

I used the wheat protein she mentions in this video after an intensive coloring adventure.
    I also now occasionally use It's a 10 Leave in with keratin just for a bit of a boost. I read that tip on Loc'd Glory.

Coloring is rough
    I wanna try it. Coloring is so rough! womp...