Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YorubaQueen View Post
    I'm kind of mad that he bought me one though because I can see myself buying another one in the near future lol...how long do these things last?

YQ
    Like Skittles said, however long you want to.

I bought a second generation iPod since last year and it was working fine until iOS 4 (I think) came out. It was still doing it's thing but more and more I couldn't upgrade my apps and even the ones that I did were acting wonkey (Angry Birds kept crashing). What finally got me to get a more recent model was that I wanted the feature that allows you to run more then one app at a time. And I wanted to get Angry Birds in Space

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My folks got me the ipad2 for Christmas/birthday and I love it. My favorite app right now is rss feeder since I read a lot of blogs. With that app I don't have to run all over the web to look at new topics or fill my email with notifications.

I'm not a psychopath, Anderson. I'm a high functioning sociopath. Do your research.- Sherlock

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok I'm in love. The mini is so perfect for so many things. I would never own an iPhone but they have me on the tablet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Poetic_Blue View Post
    Ok I'm in love. The mini is so perfect for so many things. I would never own an iPhone but they have me on the tablet.
    That is how they get you. First it is an iPad, then you need a n Apple TV so you can mirror. Once you increase apps and buy movies and TV shows in the Apple ecosystem, you reconsider an iPhone and maybe a full sized iPad. It never ends.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just got an iPad mini this week and I love it. I bought an Otterbox case and a stylus for it. I have the 32g but I will not be adding any music on it, I also have the iPod touch 32g from last year.
    Just being........
    Nappturality Member since 2003

My hair

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post

That is how they get you. First it is an iPad, then you need a n Apple TV so you can mirror. Once you increase apps and buy movies and TV shows in the Apple ecosystem, you reconsider an iPhone and maybe a full sized iPad. It never ends.
    No I'm not that caught up lol I stream via ps3. I don't buy into that whole echo system crap. I make what I've got work lol

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does anyone have rhapsody on their iPad or iPhone??? How does it work with the cloud?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Beryl View Post
    Not me I would have liked to get an iPad to transfer my iPod' apps on it but I am happy with my eReader tablet so far. Plus I already use my Dell laptop to watch movies on my TV, I can easily transfer the stuff from my laptop to my tablet. I thought I'd be missing out on the iPads but so far so good.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by skittles04 View Post
    ^^^They last as long as you'd like them to. Some people like to upgrade as soon as the latest version comes out (which can be as soon as 6 months to 2 years depending on the apple product). I like to hold on to my gadgets until they either stop being supported or until I lose or break them, lol.
    *LBell reaches inside her vintage Coach purse and pulls out her third generation iPod nano from 2009-ish*

I still haven't figured out how to transfer my music library to my iPhone 5 efficiently -- I can do it one file at a time but I've got over 1800 songs and at least 100 podcasts, audiobooks, etc. -- so yes, I'm still using my old iPod.

Anyway...back on topic...The last time I was an independent contractor (2005) I had a desktop and a laptop (both Windows). Now that I'm trying to get back into freelancing I just have a laptop (Windows) so I'm in search of a backup computer. I'm really debating on whether to get an iPad. If I get one I have to get a keyboard because I need to be able to do actual work on it and I don't like that on-screen keyboard. I type too damn fast, lol...Also I want to be able to plug in an external hard drive in order to get files.

My mom got herself an iPad for Christmas so I see the appeal...but if I'm going to write the expense off on my taxes I need to be able to use it for work. For those of you who use yours for work, what kind of work do you do on them, and how well do they...well...work?
    Hello, 2021. Glad to see you. Hope you're bringing us goodness and light this year!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd use an iPad in lieu of a laptop. Just get a keyboard like the Logitech Ultrathin keyboard cover and install LogMeIn and/or Splashtop when you MUST have windows or access to those files that do not reside on a Cloud drive. Leave the windows laptop or desktop on at home acting as a server.

This is essentially how they are marketing the Windows Surface/RT. No more laptops.

11. Likes LBellatrix liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast