Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default In honor of small business Saturday

I figured it would be okay to post this as it was truly inspirational to meet this man AND he doesn't sell on line so this is no attempt to get free advertising on Nappturality, to get these pies you'd have to come all the way to Philly and then go to his corner, LOL!

I was also happy to find out the first business we featured was LEGAL! He'd been on the corner 11 years and yet was shut down about three months ago and aquired all his licenses to operate. YEAH!!!!! So here is my article.....

On my way to pick up the editor of From Scratch to That magazine, I passed the subject of our interview Mr Muhammads' Pies. Delayed by rush hour traffic at the intersection of 52nd and Lancaster, my stomach told me to dial Lendia on my cell phone and tell her to get here on her own. My stomach then took control of my hands and demanded I park the van and run toward the piles of sweet pies in pristine white boxes. I didn't want him to close before we could get back.

Lendia didn't pick up her phone and my professionalism kicked back in. I turned the corner and the large tan tent faded in the distance. She picked an excellent subject for our cover story.

Mr. Muhammad's Pies has been a fixture at the intersection of 52nd and Lancaster Ave. for 11 years. He sells sweet potato, bean pies, cheese pies, apple and the occasional butternut squash that is a must try when available. No need to cry over the demise of Twinkie's, Mr. Muhammad's Pies are all natural and baked locally. He assured me he will remain on the corner, open year around sometimes until 10pm.

He has a dedicated and loyal following, who park and brave the busy intersection to his island paradise. He informed us just yesterday a car from Virginia stopped by to grab 14 pies. I know I will be back soon to stock up for the holidays.

Editor Lendia Brown of www.fromscratchtothat.blogspot.com and Mr. Muhammad
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My son's first first attempt at doing small business videos for my girlfriend's magazine
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

3. Likes Intellexual liked this post