Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Manufacturer: Kinky-Curly

After washing hair, apply KNOT TODAY TM generously and work through troubled areas with a wide tooth comb.

Can be used as a regular rinse out conditioner for wavy hair or as a leave-in for thicker curlier hair types. An excellent product to use after removing braids and extensions.

**TIP- When using this product as a leave-in, apply in the shower and rinse with a little water to evenly distribute the conditioner.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Suzi_Q is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love Knot Today, but I'm at my last little bit (gotta make a run to Target eventually)
    Curling Custard, I like the results of my twist outs but hate how it feels.. Too sticky. So I don't use it often.

Dani F is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just tried it, I like the shampoo and the conditioner, but the custard left my hair feeling a little hard.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Kinky curly newbie needs help

I just returned to KCCC after trying it in 2009 on a section of my then mostly scab hair. I had a disaster with the Knot Today which made my hair hard,wiry & uncombable. I had to wash it to get it back to normal.Fast forward to 2011. Now the Knot Today worked nicely & no problem detangling. New problem: it didn't work well with the KCCC in my hair. Hair felt weird,crinkly & stripped of oil even tho the curls started to define so I rinsed it out & tried Curls milkshake on one section & it felt better but wanted to frizz.

I cowashed with Nexxus moisturising shampoo & it felt normal. I applied the KCCC & the curls started defining again...various sized pensprings. However texture situation popped up. Look at my photo. The hair in the top front is a looser texture than the rest ( I consider my hair to be soft fine 4a/b) & is always more "floppy" when soaking wet & hangs lower as it dries.I think there are other such areas.

Right now I'm sitting under a ceiling fan to help it dry. There's a lot of shrinkage in some areas but not the front or those other spots. This might be due to my inexperience with KCCC,my hair textures or both. I'd like to fluff it out & have a nice uniform curly afro. I had a nice big fro in the 70's that always looked like a blowout but only needed to be braided & picked out to get that effect. How do you do this when you have varying textures & you're not supposed to mess with your hair after applying KCCC ? Is the Gloss pomade worth getting for this? Can you use an oil like vatika or some other? Any other products? I know there's a BIG learning curve with KCCC & I've read posts by folks who've taken MONTHS to get it right & some have to use other products with it.Right now my hair is 90% dry but not hard or crunchy. It has that unkempt "birds picked it out" look that's a hot mess.I do think that it will look better when it gets longer.

The instructions say to comb the KT & KCCC thru your hair with a wide tooth comb. I also tried to detangle with my tangle teezer & I think that thing, even tho I LOVE IT, disrupts my curl pattern & causes frizz . I thought of the curly girl method & how she says NOT to comb your hair for that very reason.

Anyhow,if any of you have any ideas or suggestions from personal experience please let me know.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Did BC Feb 2009 after 28 yrs of curly perms. Ditched wig June 2010 ,wearing flat twists & puff.Avatar me & my new BAA. Use Kinky Curly in summer & Qhemet or Shea Moisture Yucca in fall & winter. This winter is very harsh & caused dryness & breakage so I went back to wigs as protective style & using grease for first time since the 70s : Dax & Blue Magic.

Reviews
    Read 4 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I use kccc and kcnt. I have found that I have to put a leave in under the kcnt then apply the kccc and it's soft and bouncy and great!
    With Christ,obediance(please help me Holy Spirit),persistance,patience and His grace, all things are possible!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got a sample from a basket I won at a conference...I do not use knot today alone I use it with KimmayTube (YouTube) leave in mixture and I got much shine and I loved it I do not think I would have ever used it if it wasn't for the sample...the Price is out of this world!!
    Last Perm: 03/17/2010
    Bc'd: 06/21/2010
    Lack of Knowledge is a Danger to all!!!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile kinky curly custard

I am not into hair typing, however for the sake of people knowing what I'm talking about I will say type 4 hair. What have been your experiences using this product on type 4 hair? The first time I used it I used too much and it was extremely sticky. The second time I think I used too little and it was very dry and pretty much a hot mess. I have seen the YouTube vids but can't find anyone with shorter hair. Mine is about 4-5" stretched. Tips or experiences please!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair is type 4 and about the same legnth as yours. When my hair was shorter, Kinky Curly did not work well with my hair. But I love it now. I actually do twist outs with it....and I've found that it says soft. Yes, you can use to much or too little and it won't work well, but you have to try it a few times to figure out how much is best. Make sure that your hair is dripping wet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I mostly use it for twist outs and braid outs and things like that. I like it for those styles because it gives a nice soft hold. I always mix it with my moisturizers though because if I use it alone it leaves my hair a dry mess. Actually the braid out in my avatar was done using this method
    Last Relaxer March 23 2006, BC Sept 26 2006
    Youtube: new vid 1/8/2012
    blog Fotki Twitter
    Facebook

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OMG, that my staple ingredient to use is the KCC for a nice beautiful twist out, or in my case a very curly fro. To me it took patience time and trying over and over again until finally I got it and it's a beautiful thang... So don't give up on the product because it's very good at what it do, just take your time and watch the amount you use.
    Learning to love my hair and my self more, and not let the world define me!
    LOVE PEACE AND HAIR GREASE!!!!

~Bela

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi OP, welcome to NP! Discussions of hair products go in the "Commercial Products" board -- if you do a search, there are a number of threads on KCC.
    The search function (located above in the links with "User CP") will provide you with a wealth of knowledge, advice, thought-provoking ideas, and hilarity. Check it out!

Last Chemical Fire Cream: February 2001 * Transition Style: Extension braids * BC: November 2001 * Joined Nappturality: December 2002 * Characteristics: mostly coils and undefined naps with patches of straight hair and curls; fine; thin-ish; highly porous; shrinky!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast