Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Am I doing this the right way?

I just want to know if I am doing the right thing because I am so confused right now.

I want my hair to be soft with volume. Not dry and brittle. I have figured from research that I will use several products on my hair.

Oil, Cheap Conditioner, Main conditioner, cream (pomade, butter)

1-Separate hair into four sections.
    2-Prepoo with a cheap conditioner and Olive Oil to detangle
    3-Wash hair
    4-Deep Condition hair for 15-20 mins
    5-Wash out deep conditioner
    6-Place a light oil into hair
    7-Let hair dry or get to a point where it is damp
    8-Use a cream to style and complete sealing and style.

Weekly Cowash using main conditioner for deep and every two weeks Shampoo hair.

Since my hair is a bit weaker from taking down my locs I decided to do monthly protein treatments. Is this a good idea?

Am I doing the right thing?

I know not everyones hair likes butters creams and pomades. I am just trying it for my hair.

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it seems like you're on the right track to me. I took my locs down a few months ago after 5yrs. I think the most important thing you can do is get rid of damaged ends and keep your hair moisturized. Use what products work for you and your hair oils, butters, 'grease', pomades, etc...

As for the protein treatments, if your hair is happy with them then I don't see why not.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was your hair weaker?

I am thinking of doing a cowash twice a week with a deep conditioner only because I was just picking and playing with my pony tail just now (I love my hair) and I did lose a little hair. I was like wtf! I might have to be a little more careful and extra, extra moisturize my hair for the first few months, then I can either change or stick with routine. My hair doesn't feel dry at all, but I think I might have to be extra careful and pay extra attentinnot try some other simple styles. on to my hair. And touch it as little as possible and as little manipulation as possible. I want to just do the puff and twist outs. I will stick with those styles for now. Unfortunately, I cannot do the funky easy loose hair styles like bangs and pompadours etc..

I have soft fine hair. I am not exactly sure if Protein Treatments would work. I have no idea if I need them or not, but from my research it says that they help to strengthen the hair. I wanted to color it, but I am not coloring anything until next summer when my hair is a lot stronger.

Did you have any damaged ends?

Thanks!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IndividualME View Post
    Was your hair weaker?

I am thinking of doing a cowash twice a week with a deep conditioner only because I was just picking and playing with my pony tail just now (I love my hair) and I did lose a little hair. I was like wtf! I might have to be a little more careful and extra, extra moisturize my hair for the first few months, then I can either change or stick with routine. My hair doesn't feel dry at all, but I think I might have to be extra careful and pay extra attentinnot try some other simple styles. on to my hair. And touch it as little as possible and as little manipulation as possible. I want to just do the puff and twist outs. I will stick with those styles for now. Unfortunately, I cannot do the funky easy loose hair styles like bangs and pompadours etc..

I have soft fine hair. I am not exactly sure if Protein Treatments would work. I have no idea if I need them or not, but from my research it says that they help to strengthen the hair. I wanted to color it, but I am not coloring anything until next summer when my hair is a lot stronger.

Did you have any damaged ends?

Thanks!
    No my hair wasn't weak at all. I'm sure that's because I made sure to "condition" my locs like I would my loose hair. When I was locked I did semi-regular deep conditioning treatments (conditioner mixed with evoo). I ALWAYS put some type of moisturizer in my hair after washing such as evoo, cator oil, jojoba oil...which ever I had on hand. So I'm sure that saved me and my hair once I took my locs out.

I'm sure HIF (Hand in Fro) disease is hard to resist but I would suggest that you limit that as much as possible. I'm not sure of how much length you have but I you could try a few protective styles. Right now I have my TWA in medium size twists that are pinned up into a style. I've been doing variations of this for the last month or so, I'll wash and then twist and pin. About once a week I'll sprtiz with water, dab a little oil on my hair and scalp, and follow up with a dab of moisturizer (creamy type) on my hair. So basically it's the LOC method, liquid-oil-cream; I'm careful not to use to much or agitate my style too much.

I know that protein treatments don't work for me and I have two textures on my head. Really tight curls in the back with loose, fine hair in center and sides. I tried it once and never again after that. I say give it a try, if you're still skeptical you can always try a small section and see how it works.

I gave myself a significant cut when I took my locs down. I cut over half off and unraveled from there and I still trimmed after that.