Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Veviticus - How long have you had your locks now, 10 years?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come this February it will be 11 years.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmm 2013...
    Avoid extensions.
    Never wait longer than 5 weeks to latch, perhaps start to separate at 3 weeks.
    Color everytime I latch (every 5 weeks versus every 8 weeks).
    Find a good conditioner I feel comfortable using after weekly shampoo while avoiding buildup.
    Keep my bangs trimmed.
    Trim/shape hair towards end of year to keep it fairly even.
    Comb the coils on my ends halfway through the year to ensure they stay loose but tightly coiled.

That's about it.
    ~Live each moment of your life; Laugh just for the hell of it; Love everyone.~

Journey Pics and Fitness Pics at www.public.fotki.com/ImFree2
    MommyHot25 on YouTube

4. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Likes QueenLocks liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ETA: Has a particular conditioner suited your usage or rather your general routine for avoiding buildup?

I'll try to size and restart my locs using sponge or towel rubbing. My hair is longer than I've seen of those who've demonstrated using this method (or the subject worked on) via YouTube. That's not a big deal as I can gradually shorten my hair if that strikes me as the most easy going way to DIY.

I'm still searching online and through my own database for cleansing and shampooing ideals. I'll try 2:1 jojoba oil and peppermint for after workouts. Thus far, I'm still being finnicky about which sleep caps I'm going to purchase. Last time I had locks, I slept like idgaf and had zero lint embedded in my locs. I'm willing to regard that as beginner's luck and not chance it for this set (as I don't intend to BC after a year or so like I did last go 'round).

Haven't seen any alcohol free dry shampoos that look loc-friendly.
    Last edited by Intellexual; 01-09-2013 at 07:32 PM.
    2009: Transitioned
    2020: Mature, Freeformed Locs

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Un huh......loose hair.....NO!

Im leaning toward relocing.
    The amount of money I have spent since late October til this month on sewin's and virgin hair I could have gotten my locs started again. For the life of me I will never understand how people religiously wear weave and purchase it. Not to mention the small bit of hair in the front of my head that got heat damaged that I had to cut down (thank God for thick hair). Though I'd love to have all that money back I can honestly say I dont regret any of it. I also never for a minute regret cutting my SL's off either.

I love having short hair. But now that Im letting it be and grow some Im reminded of how good it is to be able to just get up and go. How much easier it is to style already separated hair! Sure, I would love to let my hair grow back to the point of me being able to rock a puff or ba fro but thats why God created wigs. Wigs...yes Im going to continue to dance and I will happliy figure out a way to strap down a wig to my locs and k.i.m.

Honestly I didnt think I would loc again but that was just the easy, breezy ,one inch of hair on my head last summer talking lol Hence why I never say never. I say if anyone wants to cut, go head. I think its nice to feel your naps every now and again. Sometimes a chop is needed to appreciate what you had or let you know that loose is where you belong.

Initially I thought that if I ever decided to reloc my hair I would do so via loc extensions/the traditional route. I love the look of palm rolled locs. However I am to dang active for that. I just have visions of my hair looking a hot mess less than a week after a rewist.

So now Im actually thinking of re sisterlocking, which is a shock to me. Loved my SL's but just way to many locs......So this time im thinking or rather this time around I believe i have settled on larger sisterlocks or brother locks, which ever is larger. I really want to get to a point where I can maintain my locs on my own with ease and go to a consultant just because not because I cant handle my hair.

Idk, my mind is all over the place..we shall see what happens
    Last edited by Fuesha; 01-10-2013 at 01:03 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did my first cut today. I went from the waist length SLs to the locks just grazing my shoulders. I LOVE IT!!

I just washed my hair and for the first time in years, I was able to fit all of my hair in a towel sitting on top of my head with no stranglers trying to get free. I can feel air on my neck. Exercising is going to be a breeze. My hair feels like "fun." I love it so much, I may not do the second cut.

I didn't take any pics but I'll be getting my roots maintained in a couple of weeks. I'll have the stylist even up the cut (I cut it myself and it's kinda wonky) and I'll try to take some pics then.

Short locks ROCK!!!
    Last edited by chachadiva; 01-11-2013 at 08:23 PM.
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sometime in the future I will wrap my locs in white yarn and then use white hair color spray to cover the rest of my hair.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan on adding beads once my locs mature. I am semi-freeforming as of now and will eventually freeform.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just thought of another plan for the year. Keep practicing my re-twisting skill I've been re-twisting on my own for two months now. I am getting better at it, but sometimes some of my babies unravel before I can even sit under the dryer! But it came to my mind the other day, maybe it's because I'm using single pronged clips. I'll try to get hold to some double pronged clips, I bet that will work.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Beautiful colors.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast