Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Post Lock Plans for 2013~

Greetings!

Do you care to share your plans {for your locks} in 2013?
    Will you "start" locking? Will you "stop" locking (remove/cut-off your locks)?
    How about a new cut style? A new color?
    Will you switch the method of maintaining your locks? {Latch, Palm-Roll, Free form}
    Do you want to change the "size" of your locks? (from smaller to bigger? or bigger to smaller - of course the latter means starting over with a new set of locks)
    Will you add/remove lock-jewels? {beads, crystals, ribbons, shells}

Yes locking is versatile! There are options to consider.
    (this is why I never understand people who say all locks look alike/are the same)

As for me: I have already gone from 316 locks to 200 locks. {give or take 5}
    I am currently doing my last re-tightening and starting 2013 I will free-form from 3 to 7 months! {maybe longer} I love the way small locks look, but in my life, I feel that I have reached a point to make my locks bigger.... (hard to explain it)

http://www.Queenlocks.com
    Last edited by QueenLocks; 12-12-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: to add words

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am on my 3rd set of locs (started today!) and throughout the year, my plan is to wear yarn braids during the transition stage. My main reason for taking down the other two sets of locs was because I waited too long between maintenance sections and had twin-to-twin transfusion happening in a lot of locs (one was big, the other dangerously thin). My second set was started with braids and when I took them down, the length of the braids were nowhere near locked (compared to my first set started with twists which were pretty meshed together by the same point I took the braids down) but my roots were coming along quite well which is another reason I want to wear yarn braids. I have quite a bit of length now and I don't want to cut it so I feel the yarn braids will allow my roots to do what it does while keeping the length of hair from causing problems. It'll also give me time to decide if I want to cut my hair because I haven't taken that option completely off the table yet. I plan on installing the yarn braids after the holidays and then every month install a new set of yarn braids. Probably will give my hair a 2 week break in between sets. Another plan I have is to find a way to condition my locs without buildup.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plans for 2013...

Do you care to share your plans {for your locks} in 2013?

Yes indeed!

Will you "start" locking? Will you "stop" locking (remove/cut-off your locks)?

I just chopped off all my color about a month ago so it's now back to brastrap. I hate the lack of length, but my hair is healthier without the color.

How about a new cut style? A new color?

My 'new' color is black. I colored my locs off and on from college (199 to 2007. I could never retain length past hip length. Between AZ heat and my color sessions, my ends were pitiful. I want classic length locs so I have to take better care of my babies.

Will you switch the method of maintaining your locks? {Latch, Palm-Roll, Free form}

I've been freeforming since March 2012. Whenever I start freeforming I usually give in and latch once a year, but if I make it past March then I know I'm good. Other than that, I'll just use castor oil, almond oil and 100% pure cocoa butter for my locs. I will continue to wash with Alaffia Authentic African Black Soap.

Do you want to change the "size" of your locks? (from smaller to bigger? or bigger to smaller - of course the latter means starting over with a new set of locks)

I have a few I need to combine, but I did most of my combining a couple of years ago.

Will you add/remove lock-jewels? {beads, crystals, ribbons, shells}

I'm not sure. I want to, but I may just leave them alone for now.
    Last Perm: April 1997
    BC'd: July 1997
    Loc'ed up: February 14, 2002
    Cut locs from TB to Bra Strap: November 2012

4. Likes Nikib4eva liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I plan to make mine a tad thicker. I've approximately 550 locs. Really I've had enough of latching so many. My health slowed me down for a while so having the locs to play with when I couldn't be physically active, was a sanity saver. Now I'm s much better and more physically active, I can't be playing with hair when I have things to do.

I'm also planing to clip of some of my two headed dragons from earlier combining. The locs are getting kind of heavy. Another reason to start more combining, I'll be able to thin the locs out further, a little way down the road. Maybe by the end of 2013/

DeBe

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want to keep growing!

7. Likes QueenLocks, Nikib4eva liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hair plans are to keep growing it out in 2013 and to keep finding effective, gentle, and mostly natural products to use on my hair. And I'll try to do more in terms of styling. I look cute with a braid out so I see a lot of those and some perm rods in my future.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's what i posted in the natural hair chat forum goal thread:

What were your hair goals for 2012? My hair goals for 2012 was to keep my hair as healthy as possible while it worked to freeform
    Did you reach them?
    I think so, but Im still working on it.
    Did you learn anything from this year (what worked and what didn't)?
    Learned a lot about my scalp and what it likes in the last year and a half. My hair likes simplicity, scalp stimulation, oil as a conditioner.
    What are your hair goals for 2013?
    To continue locking into the teenage stage and HOPEFULLY obtain some volume and length
    How are you going to reach them?
    More love treatments, as i call it, hot oil deep conditioning with black castor oil, gentle, non-stripping shampoo bars, herbal rinses, moisturizing spritzes, scalp massages and hat/scarf protection when needed.
    Are you doing any challenges for 2013 (on the board or personal)?
    Personally, im just going to attempt to keep my hands out of my locks as they grow lol. Its hard but Ima try

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently going into my 6th year (April 2013) of loc'ing and every time I look into the mirror I fall in love with my locs all over again. It's been quite a journey and it's not over yet. Before I begin I have to say that I needed this site (see intro for explanation). So...moving forward into 2013:

My locs are here to stay but I must admit they are in desperate need of some TLC. I intend to give them just that in the coming months. I have often thought about coloring my loc's but decided to leave my locs be. Maybe sometime down the road I'll revisit that option. As for switching the method for maintaining my locs, I will probably spend a few sessions with a natural hair care stylist just to get my hair back in shape (sort of like a personal trainer). And I would like to add that little something to my locs...just not sure what that is right now. I'll know when I see it. I'd like to try some EO's as well (but I need to do some more research on that topic).

11. Likes Nikib4eva liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bigpuff 02 View Post
    I just want to keep growing!
    Ditto. I intend to take a minimalistic approach to my hair. I want to let my locs develop and stay out of their way.

Therefore I do my best not to touch them when I don't need to. I also don't use heavy products. Just the basics--shampoo and occasionally, oils (such as castor or olive).
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

13. Likes bebedee liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope to try more styles in the new year. We'll see...

15. Likes yround, bebedee liked this post
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast