Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Susan Rice

I have mixed feelings about the entire situation. This is a response from another site.

As a woman of color with three grown kids, I can no longer stand by and watch this President disrespected and his
    refusal to stand up for himself, or for us. President Obama's acceptance of Susan Rice's withdrawl from consideration of Secretary of State is the last straw for me. I am tired of No Drama Obama, and want to see some of ďMad as Hell Obama, and some Ainít Going to Take it Anymore" Obama.

An open letter to the President of the United States

Dear Mr. President,

You told Senators McCain and Graham that if they wanted to have a fight over Benghazi, that was a fight you were willing to engage them in, but that you would not stand by and watch them attack your UN Ambassador. But you did. As a woman of color with children, I have to ask, "When are you going to start standing up for yourself?" They donít like you; we get that. They donít have to. But you have got to make them respect the office that you occupy. If they donít respect you , than they should be shown no respect. It might have to get ugly for a while, but when the bullies figure that you arenít going to allow them to bully you, or disrespect you, they will go kick sand somewh else.

Black people stood in line for hours to re-elect you. But you are unwilling to expend the Ďpolitical capitalí to stand up for Susan Rice. You should not have allowed Susan Rice to withdraw her name from consideration for Secretary of State if she was your choice. If she wasn't your choice, you shouldn't have left her hanging out there to fend for herself; even though I have faith that she's a strong black woman, and could have fought for herself. The GOP in Congress has disrespected you. They questioned your intelligence. They disrespect your Attorney General, Eric Holder. They said that they donít think heís very bright. They disrespect your UN Ambassador, Susan Rice. They said they donít think she is very bright. Do you see a pattern here? If they don't have to respect you and members of your administration, the bullies will certainly feel that they don't have to respect the rest of us. That's why they treated us with such contempt during the campaign. But we didn't back down then. So why are you?

The GOP never backs down from a fight over their nominees or, soon to be nominees. Even Clarence Thomas didn't back down and won his Senate Confirmation, and he had plenty of baggage. (And we know where that got us for a lifetime.) Why are you backing down? I'm tired of the pundits saying things like, "the President would have had to expend too much political capital, in the fight for her confirmation. Well some things are worth fighting for. And sometimes you have to bloody the bully's nose before he decides he better find someone else to pick on.

We cannot go another four years under these kinds of circumstances. We have to know that you are willing to fight for something. Right now, I donít know what it is you are willing to fight for. You fought for re-election and you won. But behind the scenes many Democrats are afraid that you are going to capitulate to the bullies. Mr. President, you have to stand for something. Please tell me where your line in the sand is.

The GOP will never like you as long as you are in office. Get over it. As my mother use to tell us when when we were kids and we encountered bullies. Iím not sending you to school to be liked. Iím sending you to school to learn. Likewise, we didnít send you to Washington to make friends. Itís nice if you do, but if you canít, youíve got a job to do. Do It.

Accept the fact that the loony right are probably never going to come around during your administration; perhaps even your lifetime. Once you accept it, you can move past it and let history be your judge and jury. You might not have known what to expect when you sought the office of the Presidency the first time, but you knew what the climate was there when you sought re-election. If youíre not up for the challenge, you should have stepped aside. You fought for the job for another 4 years, now fight the good fight. Right is on your side. Toughen up.

It took the Clintonís 12 years and after having been accused of everything from drug running to Vince Fosterís murder. Suddenly Hillary Clinton, and John Kerry who they swift boated, are now their new BFFs.

So until I see otherwise, Iím calling for a boycott of your inauguration. Thatís the line in the sand I drew. I will not stand up for you until you stand up for yourself, and your administration. Stand up to the bullies. When the bullies win, America loses.

Signed,
    A Mom who believes in Tough Love.

What are your thoughts?
    Never Underestimate ANYONE

2. Thanks soapinphilly thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

cause obama is a punk...he was not raised in the black community, he was not raised by black people...so why do we expect that he will act like us...his background is that he was a cute lil oddity, most likely paraded around like a french poodle in his early life...he doesn't have the heart of my cat who will scratch me and yet cuddle on my bed with me, my cat is a bigger gangster than Obama.
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all honesty, I sometimes have gotten a little irritated with his trying to get along attitude, and I'm not saying that I agree with the above post, but there are other questionable sides to this equation. Like for instance, do we know if Susan was Obama's number one choice (as far as I know, there were many rumors)? Did the White House encourage her to make that statement or did she decide on her own? Is there something in Susan's background or some skeleton which she decided may not look good on her part? What could Obama have done if it really was her decision?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Soemone told me something I thought was pretty wise because we went through it in Philly,...Obama is "our mayor Goode"...Mayor Goode was Philly's first black mayor and I remember folks dancing in the street. and he was a mild mannered man (punk) and the white establishment ran all over him and burned down and bombed a while black neighborhood (the MOVE debacle) killed 11 men, women and children.

BUT Mayor Goode, paved the way for Mayor Street, a real black man, the type of dude who went to city council back in the day and literally beat-some-azz. He enacted a controversial program that everyone was against, he put cops on foot in the street and basically STOPPED street level corner drug dealing, shut it DOWN. I went to a mayor street community meeting and a white man threw a book at him, Street almost jumped off the stage. And I would say he left office with much respect...so really I figure we gotta wait for a REAL BLACK MAN to become president.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^I remember the whole MOVE thing and all. I was a little girl when that happened. I'm from Philly originally. As for Susan Rice, Do you think we know enough to judge? And ..... If YOU were the Prez, what would you have done?
    Last edited by Serbbral; 12-14-2012 at 05:01 PM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Serbbral View Post
    ^^I remember the whole MOVE thing and all. I was a little girl when that happened. I'm from Philly originally. As for Susan Rice, Do you think we know enough to judge? And ..... If YOU were the Prez, what would you have done?
    you know if I was prez, america would be turned on it azz...thats I good thread topic because I would have two plans

EVERYBODY who owns a car, switch to hybird, I would give everyone a voucher, and then ship all our old cars to India...and let them fight for oil

secondly every corp with private profits over 1 billion have to raise salaries to cover all govt benefits a person could qualify for meaning if an employees income is so low they have to get foodstamps or childcare, the corporation MUST cover that cost...

I'd study Teddy Roosevelt and the new deal

your question, do we know enuf...yes Obama is a pooosay...

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Politics are politics. No need to harbor false expectations of Obama. At the end of the day, Susan Rice is going to be okay. She won't be SoS, but she'll be alright.

Honestly, what was Obama to do? The SoS position is awarded via approval. If he couldn't garner the votes, then why blame him?
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

toriq is offline Active Nappturality Member
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man....didn't she get called out for having a bunch of investments in Canadian oil companies? As in millions of dollars? http://www.motherjones.com/blue-marb...stake-keystone
    This is why i'm inclined to tell this poster to have a seat.

Is she really trying to defend Susan Rice or just airing out her annoyance with Obama's image & lack of respect received?
    She can rather come at Obama's ACTIONS (or inactions) over his image and lack of respect.
    She ain't helping not a damn bit nor saying anything significant.
    Oh well @ Susan anyways. No sympathy over here.
    reflect...

10. Thanks Serbbral thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by chachadiva View Post
    Politics are politics. No need to harbor false expectations of Obama. At the end of the day, Susan Rice is going to be okay. She won't be SoS, but she'll be alright.

Honestly, what was Obama to do? The SoS position is awarded via approval. If he couldn't garner the votes, then why blame him?

I was kind of thinking along these lines too and for all we know she might have something in her closet.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[Double Posting]
    Last edited by Serbbral; 12-16-2012 at 12:06 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast