Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2013 A New Year!! Is anyone planing a New Career, business or non-profit?

My last day at my company is March 1, 2913.

I have been thinking about a lot about career choices and keep coming back to- I really want to help folks. So looks like I will be thinking of what I can do to help people and still find a way to eat.

i want to start a non-profit that will allow me to help girls/women with self image and then helping with career choices.

Anyone else have a business idea they want to start?
    True love begins with loving what you see in your mirror-Chanelle
    BC 05/28/10
    TL 6/21/13-TD 8/01/13
    SL 11/27/13
    http://www.naturallyc2u.com

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not planning on quitting my job, I am however looking into a franchise to start. There are two particular franchises that I am considering and I plan to take 2013 to save up the franchise fees.

Best of wishes to you on starting your non-profit. Career services and image services are always needed.

Keep us posted on your progress.
    "Want only creates more want...Need nothing and you'll get everything..." Reverend Run

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm in currently looking at starting an on line business. For now I'm thinking 2-3 Etsy shops.

I've seriously had about enough of corporate politics and need to do something else. I'm pretty much at first base trying to decide on a name/names. I've looked into supplies and pricing and the whole thing appears viable, maybe 2013 is the year to make it happen.

DeBe

4. Likes foreverfruitful liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by c2shair View Post
    My last day at my company is March 1, 2913 .
    I bet you could make killing if you bottled up that "fountain of youth" elixir and sold that. :P (That reminds me of that old movie Death Becomes Her with Goldie Hawn. Anybody remember that?)

Anyway, I totally feel you in wanting to start your own business. I'm pretty sure that will be in the cards for me in the future even though I'm not sure what it is that I'll do.

I've toyed with the Etsy idea, but while there are a few of things that I could make, none of them are things that I would want to make on a consistent basis, for extended periods of time. I'm fascinated with the process of jewelry-smithing (precious metals! sparkly gems! dangerous chemicals! butane torches!), so if I did start a Etsy shop, it would probably be handmade jewelry. There are sooo many jewelry shops on Etsy, though, that I'd probably be in PR mode 90% of the time.

I like photography, so that's another avenue i could take. But the thought of doing weddings gives me hives and that's really the big money maker in the field. Next is portrait photography (students, grads, kids, families, etc.) and that's okay, I guess. I really only like to do product & nature photography, though. Oh, and itty-bitty babies. In baskets. With blankets. Love.

I like to write, too, but I'm definitely not under the impression that I'll be the next JK Rawlings. I'm determined to finish this book and send it out (and to start on more), but it's probably always going to be a hobby for me.

I also have all these ideas for an educational toys & video games. Right now they're just scribbles on paper. Eventually, I want to make prototypes and test them out.

--------
    As you can see, my ideas are all over the place. My real dream is to find a sure-fire passive income stream. That way I'll always have money coming in and I'll have more time to spend on my hobbies.
    Last edited by skittles04; 12-27-2012 at 06:19 PM.

6. Likes foreverfruitful liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in the initial stages of opening my online accessories boutique

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am currently going to school and next month I will be certified to start taking clients. I feel subject wise I am ready business wise NOT! I am combining two businesses into one. I have 2 separate websites to offer the businesses separate then I have my FB fan page , Wordpress blog , twitter and YouTube where I combine them.

I just decided on my target market. I still need to write up my press release, put together a program , find a place to have classes and lectures design the classes and lectures. Folders, a new computer( must be a laptop) a projector. Learn how to make spread sheets(really!!!!!!) plan out topics and make newsletters and blogs. Learn a new software ( I decided to design my own marketing materials) All this while working a full time job and still going to school, working out and taking care of a household.

Right now I am feeling very crazy lol! I just have to take it all one step at a time. Do the easy stuff first. I get crazy then it is like everything will click for a while then I lose it again then I get back on track. Can you tell where I am at right now lol!

9. Likes c2shair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just started a new marketing course. I am loving it so far! Through school I am getting a great marketing and business courses I still feel that it is my weak spot so I am taking all the classes I can find and afford. I see so many people jumping on the Dani Johnson and Sandi something or another wagon and I can't get into them. PLUS they both send to many dog gone emails really I swear that sandi chick sent me 5 emails one day. I get at least 2 a day from her! If it wasn't for the fact she does sometimes have some great content I would just cancel.

11. Likes c2shair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 6 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice article and our own HoneyChild - founder of Oyin - is among the featured
    http://www.inhershoesblog.com/8-fly-...t-of-self-love
    It's Cheap to be Pank. Come to the Pank Side.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just opened an etsy shop. For now it's a fundraiser for a women's shelter in Ghana but hopefully it'll morph into a profitable business. Yes jewelry on etsy= constant PR mode
    [URL="http://www.esty.com/shop/earringsbykoshie"]www.etsy.com/shop/earringsbykoshie[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/earringsbykoshie"]www.facebook.com/earingsbykoshie[/URL]
    Handmade African fabric and beaded earrings, bracelets and more! 100% of proceeds go to a women's shelter in Ghana (Women's Initiative for Self Empowerment). PM me for deets.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though I know the market is saturated somewhat with it I started my own Shea butter business in Wisconsin. I have two butters and have some plans for other items...just need some more money lol.

i am also in the works to team up with a Facebook group here in Milwaukee that support women business owners and hopefully help them as much as I can....it should be pretty awesome....if anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you my little link lol

YQ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast