Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the recommendation. I'm actually good with Zxavier. But I am all about sampling. So I will try them out. Thanks again.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    Stylists get away with this foolishness because they are allowed to get away with it. That's the truth. Until black folk speak out and tell them that our time is valuable...etc. they will continue to disrespect clients, have lil' chirren run amok through the salon, let the lunch lady sell her box lunches....well, you get the idea.

I come from a family of hairstylists. NEVER have my relatives not value their clients' time.

*drops mic*
    I agree with you. I let him know and those of us who were there told him. However, Damian still has plenty of customers running to him. Those from NYC. And because of this we also talked to the manager of the salon in New York. Because it gives his salon a bad name that this traveling stylist/loctician is screwing around with people. Damian claims he has a January 27th, but the owner never heard that and not to mention after we complained I sincerely doubt it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wannabenappy View Post
    That sounds horrible! I'm so sorry for your experience. What is it with black stylists and over booking appointments? Nobody has time to be sitting up in a salon all day and all night while they do 7 heads! This kind of service would not be tolerated in any other business. I loved my loctictian. She only books one client at a time and she would wash, tighten my locs and have me out in 3.5 hours every time. She was always on time and never kept me waiting. There were three other stylists and you never saw anyone in the waiting area for too long before they got into a chair. It sounds like it's all about quantity and not the quality of service with this guy.
    That's what Zxavier said too. He said he only does appointments and the maximum clients he has in a day is 3. Because he normally gives 90 minutes to 2 hours for each client. He's like each client is different and length and the process matters. As I mentioned one of the clients who showed up for maintenance had sister locs. I had to wonder how Damian expected to finish her in 30 minutes. Over booking and the double booking, just makes him appear money hungry...ugh!

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace9 View Post
    Over booking and the double booking, just makes him appear money hungry...ugh!
    Last edited by OHR; 12-24-2012 at 11:27 PM.

5. Likes KB liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnottyAuthor View Post
    Do it yourself, drama free. IJS. 'Aint nobody got time for all 'dat...'
    My sentiments exactly. @Ace9 - Like you, initially I was concerned about parts. But eventually I figured I'd rather have locs, period, straight parts be danged.

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    Stylists get away with this foolishness because they are allowed to get away with it. That's the truth. Until black folk speak out and tell them that our time is valuable...etc. they will continue to disrespect clients, have lil' chirren run amok through the salon, let the lunch lady sell her box lunches....well, you get the idea.

I come from a family of hairstylists. NEVER have my relatives not value their clients' time.

*drops mic*
    Bless your relatives. My encounters with stylists have turned me off of them. And even when I saw a "reliable" stylist at a non-ethnic salon, I couldn't justify the price.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *

7. Thanks Ace9 thanked for this post
    Likes KnottyAuthor, Ace9 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am so sorry you and your sister went through that. I seen his videos and almost made me think about wanting to try a stylist again. Oh well. I will continue to do my locs at home.

9. Thanks Ace9 thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Intricately Tangled View Post
    I am so sorry you and your sister went through that. I seen his videos and almost made me think about wanting to try a stylist again. Oh well. I will continue to do my locs at home.
    The best bet. He's a jerk. I wanted to show some of the pics of our hair. My hair is the starter locs and my sister has the styled ones.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011882615.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...452370420.jpg/
    If you're wondering...I wanted pretty chunky parts because I wanted to get back the old locs I had which were on the large side. I still came out with 109 locs which shocked me. I figured I have too much hair on my head. 109 locs that still look that big when my goal was for 85 locs. Well let me be happy with having a lot of hair.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...678568721.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...678568721.jpg/
    My sister has pretty long wavy hair naturally and since she wasn't sure about getting locs and she will be going skiing this weekend, so Zxavier gave her a bun updo.
    Last edited by Ace9; 12-25-2012 at 06:37 PM.

11. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Likes Monamay, natitwists liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Verrrrrry kah-uute up-do and nice healthy foundation! I love seeing the foundation transform, the first 2 years are the best, keep taking pictures! Oh, and get ready, the parts do move/transform....irregardless of who does them (wink)... stay flexible and congrats on your new journey, again!....#lockstalker4lyfe

13. Thanks Ace9 thanked for this post
    Likes Ace9, ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had just started getting into his videos and thought he had pretty good information, however, he can very be messy. That's the only thing that would make me cringe when I watch his videos. I feel sorry for some of his clients that he records and talks about without them knowing.

I'm so over salons. I recently had a horrible experience a couple weeks ago. I've resorted to doing my own hair. When I get my new set of locs, I want them started professionally but I will be maintaining them myself to avoid wasting time.

I really wish salons would get it together. There is nothing more frustrating than setting up an appointment, being on time, and then having to wait for your stylist. So sorry you had to go through ALL OF THAT just to get your locs done! smh..

15. Likes KnottyAuthor, KB liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well just wanted to pipe in to say I hope this thread doesn't become an 'anti-salon" bashing thread. I know alot of us became natural because of our bad, overpriced experiences with salons but there are fantastic salons out there who perform great services.

Plus, I don't know where I would be without my stylist who helped start my journey, maintain my hair, and gives awesome scalp massages when I need to destress lol.

Anyways, I was going to go to Damian to start my journey after seeing he had a location in Atlanta. After reading this though, I'm glad I didn't. Therefore, if anyone also needs an alternative to Damian in Atlanta, please check out Honeecomb Salon. I love them and don't know where I'd be without Shana and Promised(my stylist). They book phone and online appointments via a deposit, my appointments are super quick, and they definently defy the stereotype of stylists like Damian.
    http://honeecomb.com/

They also have a facebook page and twitter

17. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Likes fuzzy_slippers liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast