Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad you shared this. Im subbed to him and Chara on youtube. He's funny as hey to me and a straight up trip. I think its good with hair but I dont care for how he some times goes in on people without them knowing.

I dont know sounds like he got a bit money hungry and was trying to do way too much. I know there are good stylist out there. I had one when I was loced. They are usually the ones you happen upon or find my word of mouth and arent necessarily out there advertising hard.

2. Likes ~GAN~ liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen several of his vids and I agree with the ones that says that he's messy. He criticizes his clients while recording them while being a coward and doing a voice over instead of talking out loud where they can hear the mess he says about them. The ones that don't have a voice over usually has insults that he laughs off. It bugs me when people try to sarcastically say insulting things that they mean seriously. UUGGHHH!
    Stand For Something, or You'll Fall For Anything
    BC 5/23/09
    loc journey 9/6/10

http://members.fotki.com/Chocodoll/

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've watched many of his videos and he seems like a good stylist, however, I would never book an appointment with him. I don't like the way he speaks to his clients behind their backs or to their faces. To me, it is extremely unprofessional the way he lectures them, makes jokes at their expense, and speaks negatively of any product that he does not agree with.

Sometimes, I feel discriminated against, but it does not make me angry.
    It merely astonishes me.
    How can any deny themselves the pleasure of my company?
    It's beyond me.

Zora Neale Hurston

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry that happened to you and your sister. I do watch his videos for the information, i wouldn't let him do my locs either. I think its very unpofessional for him to talk about his clients like that. And when he does its rude, that would make me not come back. It would be very different if he had it together.
    I am going to unsubscribe and find someone less dramatic. I did find a shop that is reasonable for me. they are easy for me to get to and I love what the loc lady did with my hair. This month i will have had my locs for one year. It has been a journey one i know is far from over.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im sorry to hear that you went through that. I actually go to him on the regular and have never experienced any problems, probably because im in Houston and that's where he is based out of. I have only seen him record one video and he asked the lady for permission before he began recording. He does a really good job at a pretty good price and I would actually recommend him to anyone that lives in Houston.

7. Thanks Intellexual thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ace9 View Post
    The best bet. He's a jerk. I wanted to show some of the pics of our hair. My hair is the starter locs and my sister has the styled ones.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...011882615.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...452370420.jpg/
    If you're wondering...I wanted pretty chunky parts because I wanted to get back the old locs I had which were on the large side. I still came out with 109 locs which shocked me. I figured I have too much hair on my head. 109 locs that still look that big when my goal was for 85 locs. Well let me be happy with having a lot of hair.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...678568721.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...678568721.jpg/
    My sister has pretty long wavy hair naturally and since she wasn't sure about getting locs and she will be going skiing this weekend, so Zxavier gave her a bun updo.
    oooh, they look thick and fabulous! that was a pretty crappy experience, but looks like you found a keeper in Zxavier!
    My Album
    password: none required....for now!

updated 1.3.09

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow,
    So sorry to hear this! Happy you did get your locs done though and with a wonderful loctician. That's the one thing that turned me off watching his videos is his snarkiness regarding talking about his clients. And some of his videos are too dang long but the messiness just has to go. I live in Houston and my daughter had thought about giving him a try but now I'll be sure to let her know of your experience.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to admit, he does have really good information and I learned a lot from watching his videos. I feel like I'm better prepared for when I start my new set based off of a lot of things he said and I know where I went wrong on my last set.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mehogeni View Post
    Well just wanted to pipe in to say I hope this thread doesn't become an 'anti-salon" bashing thread. I know alot of us became natural because of our bad, overpriced experiences with salons but there are fantastic salons out there who perform great services.

Plus, I don't know where I would be without my stylist who helped start my journey, maintain my hair, and gives awesome scalp massages when I need to destress lol.
    I agree with you 100%. I have the best stylist ever. She's been doing my hair since day one and I don't know what my head would look like now if it wasn't for her. I recommend her to everyone who is interested in locing their hair. In the 10 months that I've been going to her, the longest i've ever waited for her was 40 minutes and that's because of a situation that happened prior to my arrival. She is professional as they come.

As for Damian...i don't think i'd want him doing MY hair simply because he seems to get annoyed at people who have larger loc sizes (his "giant parts" rants crack me up) such as mine. I do love watching his vlogs though and i've subscribed to his videos on YouTube. He does make me laugh at some of the things he says. *hangs head*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel for you and your sister and I am glad you didn't leave without getting your locs done. I do love his videos but I don't like the mess or big hair dryers. I would rather let my hair dry on its own. But IMO if you can do it yourself than do so or screen your loctician, watch and observe their habits, check their salon out, or just do what ever it takes to ensure that your babies are in good hands

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast