Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stylists get away with this foolishness because they are allowed to get away with it. That's the truth. Until black folk speak out and tell them that our time is valuable...etc. they will continue to disrespect clients, have lil' chirren run amok through the salon, let the lunch lady sell her box lunches....well, you get the idea.

I come from a family of hairstylists. NEVER have my relatives not value their clients' time.

*drops mic*

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post
    Stylists get away with this foolishness because they are allowed to get away with it. That's the truth. Until black folk speak out and tell them that our time is valuable...etc. they will continue to disrespect clients, have lil' chirren run amok through the salon, let the lunch lady sell her box lunches....well, you get the idea.

I come from a family of hairstylists. NEVER have my relatives not value their clients' time.

*drops mic*
    I agree with you. I let him know and those of us who were there told him. However, Damian still has plenty of customers running to him. Those from NYC. And because of this we also talked to the manager of the salon in New York. Because it gives his salon a bad name that this traveling stylist/loctician is screwing around with people. Damian claims he has a January 27th, but the owner never heard that and not to mention after we complained I sincerely doubt it.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KnottyAuthor View Post
    Do it yourself, drama free. IJS. 'Aint nobody got time for all 'dat...'
    My sentiments exactly. @Ace9 - Like you, initially I was concerned about parts. But eventually I figured I'd rather have locs, period, straight parts be danged.

Quote Originally Posted by OHR View Post

*drops mic*
    Bless your relatives. My encounters with stylists have turned me off of them. And even when I saw a "reliable" stylist at a non-ethnic salon, I couldn't justify the price.
    "Coal mining is harder [than writing]. Do you think miners stand around all day talking about how hard it is to mine for coal? They do not. They simply dig."
    --Sugar, a writer from The Rumpus
    My Blog

*Eternal thanks to the person who made me PANK!! *