Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ooooh. I've yet to do a hot oil treatment. I just might give it a go. Ah, how long ago did you realize this. I've only bought Aussie once, and I've yet to use it. I didn't even think about silicones, and they don't mess with me either. I totally feel you when it comes to realizing what works for your hair. I like hat you've made this realiziation. Do you think that it will make it better for you, or that you will reach your hair goals by putting silicone back in your regimen?

I've been mixing up my hair formulas, and I'm going to do Greek yogurt, bananas and yogurt as a DC, and Aussie Moist and my co-wash. I'm happy that we're finding our stride with out hair. Thanks for replying to the thread
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Search for a kingdom worthy of your soul

http://public.fotki.com/KreativeKoils/current-styles/

2. Thanks hivierhair thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I put the ends of my cornrows into two little pigtail buns. Now they aren't brushing up against anything. I don't know why I didn't do this earlier.
    On another note, I have never owned so many hair elastics in my life.

4. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello everyone! I'm in on this challenge. I've been natural since 2005, but I recently did a second BC (August). I went from bra-strap length hair to a TWA . I recently discovered finger coils on YT, and I'm in LOVE with them. They last (in the center of my hair only) about a week. The outer edges of my hair are much softer, but they also coil on their own with just gel and water. One of the reasons I did a second BC was because I don't feel like I cared for my hair the way I should have the first time around, and this time I really wanted to do it RIGHT! So, I'm all about the YT videos and taking better care of my hair.

My current routine: Finger coils weekly after deep conditioning; daily refreshing with Olive Oil and gel.

Favorite YT'ers:

MsVCharles
    MahoganyCurls

My cell phone is ghetto, and the camera only works when it wants to...so if it WANTS to work on Wednesday when I redo my finger coils, I will take a pic!

6. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@Kreative coils

I realized this fairly recently. Aussie Moist made life so much easier for me. That and the oils I have on hand. I also did a mini dusting to get rid of some of my single strand knots. I just trimmed the ends of my twists that weren't curling up with the rest of my hair. That made life easier also. I tested one section that I trimmed against another section that I didn't and the difference was very apparent. Crisp ends as well as conditioners that work will make my hair life easier. I didn't do a full cut, because I don't think I need one, it was just those pesky ssk's that were getting out of hand. They were probably a hold over from when I tried damp bunning. That mix you are going to make for your hair sounds yummy! I have yet to try bananas in my DC. I hear it does wonders! Silicone in my case, will help me retain length. If I don't fight with my hair post wash, I am not fighting with my hair at all since that is when I untangle and style my hair. My hair does not have trouble retaining moisture especially if I wash it and moisturize with water and natural oils regularly. I feel silicone leave ins, especially when used on dry hair, can cause problems. However, since I use shampoo anyway (conditioner washing does not get my scalp clean), I feel that silicone in my conditioner is not a problem for me.

8. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's helped me with my banana fiasco, and it smells sooooo good. Does it remind you of the old Dark and Lovely after relaxer conditioner? I'm definitely trying to up my oil game. You trimming is reminding me to trim, I think I'll do it when I'm done with this weeks bun. I know you've read about my banana fiasco LOL, so I know what I will do. I don't think I've never done a no-something routine, the most I do is not use many products that aren't homemade. See, I have moisure issues, but I'm going to get together an oil blend so that I can keep it nice and mousturized in these protective styles. I'm actually enjoying this bun, it's simple, and remarkably protective
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My daughter took a pic for me.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

11. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shoot, I've been doing this for a good minute and I love it! I have been switching between braids, cornrolls, and twists, dcing with grapeseed oil and conditioner, and trimming once or twice a year. This weekend I'm going to put my hair in twists for a month and wear my new hair accessory. I'm seriously looking forward to wearing this
    I hope to be waist length someday...one inch at a time<3
    By NP member Vavoon. This is me 24/7/365 lol

13. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirah Nirvana View Post
    I'm growing my hair out, my last cut was July. I'm currently wear flat twists back. With added hair.
    About a month after the post above
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20130214_233937.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	6.0 KB 
ID:	9241   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20130212_220210-1.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	9242  

15. Likes KreativeKoils, hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm loving the pictures of all the beautiful hair on here! You ladies are definitely inspiring me to keep up with protection. And that hair accessory Kurliez has... beautiful!

I finally got the banana entirely out my hair (I think), and my ends were such a mess of tangles that I had to do a trim/dusting, I'm not sure which. I really didn't take off more than half an inch, which set my hair goals back a bit, but I'm not going to complain. I have my hair in chunky Celie twists right now, until Saturday rolls around and I choose another style.

I won't front, I'm a little disappointed by my setback, but I gotta keep my head up

17. Likes hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Glad to hear you got the banana out.

I'm in a hair slump. My hair is so dirty and dry. I haven't had a trim in about 9 or 10 months. My twists are so old. I've got a short meeting at work in about 45 minutes. Not enough time to detangle and wash.

Perhaps after.

And I haven't covered my hair before bed for about a week. Oh, and I'm in Kyrgyzstan and almost out of condish.

*plays a tiny violin*
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

19. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast