Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^I respectfully disagree. A month from now people will barely remember this meme, it will pop up again in YouTube's 2013 year that was compilation and and that will be it's last hurrah. Besides, how many people, even black folks, knew of the Harlem Shake before this? I had no idea that's what Diddy was doing. I don't get upset that the zombies in pop culture make not mention of the Haitian origin of the concept.

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so fallon fox, an mma transgender wants to go into the UFC and fight woman.
    is it right for her to fight women? should she?

i am not sure if this is a discussion for trans-equality. well it is. i'm sure this would break barriers. but wouldn't fallon fox pre-estrogen treatment have a physical advantage over her female opponents? i believe they are/have been checking her estrogen/testosterone levels for her to fight. i think she should be able to fight if those levels are "balanced out" - i stand corrected - shes been taking them for 10 years.

i wonder how many lgbtqetc. will start coming out in sports.

On Saturday, a female fighter named Fallon Fox scored a 39-second knockout against Ericka Newsome at CFA 10 in Coral Gables, Florida, extending her combined amateur/professional MMA record to 5-0, with all wins by first-round stoppage. This wouldn’t be particularly newsworthy, except for two reasons:
    1) Fox just came out publicly as transsexual. She was born a male, and had gender re-assignment surgery in 2006, along with supplemental hormonal therapy. As Loretta Hunt reports, Fox is the first transgender person on record, male or female, to compete in MMA.
    2) On her application for MMA licensure in Florida before the fight, Fox incorrectly claimed that she had been licensed by the California State Athletic Commission earlier this year. According to CSAC Executive Director Andy Foster, Fox’s application was still under review, and the CSAC had only mailed Fox a receipt for her initial $60 application. Fox claims that she didn’t intentionally misrepresent herself to the Florida commission, and believed she had been approved by California. At any rate, Fox didn’t disclose her transgender status on her Florida application because she wasn’t asked to, and none of this was revealed until after she KO’d Newsome with a knee to the face.
    “Our department is currently investigating allegations pertaining to the information provided on [Fox's] application,” wrote Sandi Copes Poreda, Director of Communications for Florida’s Dept. of Business and Professional Regulation. “The Florida State Boxing Commission is in the process of updating the rules for professional MMA events and this topic [of transgender fighter applications] will be included in an upcoming workshop on changes to the administrative rules.”
    While Fox could face some consequences for competing with an ill-gotten license, her current promotional home Championship Fighting Alliance is giving her its full support: “We stand 120,000 percent behind Fallon,” CFA CEO Jorge De La Nova said. “She’s a female. She’s a very sweet girl. There’s a lot of money on the line for her, and she’s performed very well. We’re going to give her a couple of weeks to see how this thing turns out.”
    Fox had been scheduled to compete on April 20th in the quarterfinals of CFA’s ongoing eight-woman featherweight tournament, but that event has temporarily been put on hold.
    As Fox said in a new interview with OutSports, “These past six years, people have seen me as a woman, not a transsexual. People in the gym, people I train with, it’s been great, it’s been awesome. I’m just a woman to them. I don’t want that to go away. It’s unfortunate that it has to…I’m technically, legally, physically and mentally female. Everything about me is female.”
    Check out the preview for an upcoming documentary about Fox below, and let us know what you think: Does Fallon deserve equal treatment as a woman in the sport, even if she wasn’t born that way? Or does being transgender constitute an unfair competitive advantage?
    damn she KOed her opponent in 39 secs

" I say no people who were born male should not be allowed to fight those who were born women. My position is not based on their being transgender. It's based on the fact that no matter how much hormone replacement therapy a male undergoes, a male to female trangered person will alway have an unfair physical advantage over an actual woman. Reasigning a man's winky to look like a vag doesn't reduce his physical advantages over women. Hence, the reason why this guy is "so dominant" over his female challengers. It's not that he's actually being challenged. It basically a case of them allowing a boy to beat up on a girl. And that's just pathetic.

Those born as males (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other males and those born as women (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other women. "
    Last edited by Vavoon; 03-06-2013 at 09:35 PM.

3. Thanks KoilyLocGirl, Ororo thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    so fallon fox, an mma transgender wants to go into the UFC and fight woman.
    is it right for her to fight women? should she?

i am not sure if this is a discussion for trans-equality. well it is. i'm sure this would break barriers. but wouldn't fallon fox pre-estrogen treatment have a physical advantage over her female opponents? i believe they are/have been checking her estrogen/testosterone levels for her to fight. i think she should be able to fight if those levels are "balanced out" - i stand corrected - shes been taking them for 10 years.

I don't think she should be able to fight in the league.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i am sensitive to images of men beating up women. i remember getting into an altercation with the ex and i slapped him after he crossed the line and he dominated me with a second with little to no effort. this sight looks similar.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^When we get past the cosmetic, a person born male is still physically a man. I'm not a doctor, but I don't think taking female hormones reduces natural musculature, bone structure, or strength. Especially since as an athlete, this person works out a lot. Let's just be honest, this will be a man fighting women. It's an unfair advantage.

Anyway, a take on the Forest Whitaker frisking: The Good, Racist People
    No one can make you feel inferior without your consent. -Eleanor Roosevelt

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have to ask is ANYBODY upset that Korea said they gonna turn NYC into a fireball...and our dumbazz prez signing a "violence-against-women-bill" with a buncha folks in costumes...Something ain't right about this guy...if someone was outsida yo momma house talking bout they gonna burn it down what would you do.

I met with a group of business people today, 2 blacks one white...ERRBODY was disappointed in Barack...so I know I ain't crazy....
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Karibana View Post
    ^I respectfully disagree. A month from now people will barely remember this meme, it will pop up again in YouTube's 2013 year that was compilation and and that will be it's last hurrah. Besides, how many people, even black folks, knew of the Harlem Shake before this? I had no idea that's what Diddy was doing. I don't get upset that the zombies in pop culture make not mention of the Haitian origin of the concept.
    I don't know how many black folks knew of the Harlem Shake before this because I don't have statistics for that. Like you I can only speak from my experience and say we were doing it in Ghana when it came out in my middle school/high school days so it might have been a somewhat significant trend. Perhaps not...like I said, no statistics. As for how long the current Harlem Shake will last I guess we'll just have to wait and see. You just might be right.
    [URL="http://www.esty.com/shop/earringsbykoshie"]www.etsy.com/shop/earringsbykoshie[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/earringsbykoshie"]www.facebook.com/earingsbykoshie[/URL]
    Handmade African fabric and beaded earrings, bracelets and more! 100% of proceeds go to a women's shelter in Ghana (Women's Initiative for Self Empowerment). PM me for deets.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soapinphilly View Post
    I have to ask is ANYBODY upset that Korea said they gonna turn NYC into a fireball...and our dumbazz prez signing a "violence-against-women-bill" with a buncha folks in costumes...Something ain't right about this guy...if someone was outsida yo momma house talking bout they gonna burn it down what would you do.

I met with a group of business people today, 2 blacks one white...ERRBODY was disappointed in Barack...so I know I ain't crazy....
    I'm not sure what a violence against women bill has to do with your point on North Korea. Is your point about misplaced priorities i.e why is he signing a bill on violence against women in America when he could be "doing something" about North Korea??? Also 3 people is a rather er, small sample size?
    [URL="http://www.esty.com/shop/earringsbykoshie"]www.etsy.com/shop/earringsbykoshie[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.facebook.com/earringsbykoshie"]www.facebook.com/earingsbykoshie[/URL]
    Handmade African fabric and beaded earrings, bracelets and more! 100% of proceeds go to a women's shelter in Ghana (Women's Initiative for Self Empowerment). PM me for deets.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry but mark my words....North Korea is sprinkling the baby powder RIGHT in front of our faces and we about to get b*tch slapped pretty soon....

I been an american wayyyyy to long and even I know, no one is supposed to specifically threaten the USA...then our president DOESN'T respond at all...

and american is so asleep, worried about Kimye, and trying to survive in a bad economy...the world is checking our pulse and I'll tell you how...in Philly we used to have the Michael Baisdon show at drive time...honey now we got local talk radio...we haven't had that (beside WURD) since I was a young adult...and the talk is almost mirroring conservative talk radio...very inflammatory...the alot of folks don't know the dominant muslim group in Philly is the Salafeh...most young black AA's don't even know this group is a direct connect to arab terrorist groups...all they know is this group lets me deal drugs, commit crimes and I'm still a good muslim....

So here is whats gonna happen...we get b*tch slapped by the rest of the world...and we gonna be bouncing off of each other FIRST...immigrants against conservative whites against people who been waiting to kill for fun, against those just getting up from being on face book against gangbangers against christians against.....basically we ain't got our ish together and it's showing at the top.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast