Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    so fallon fox, an mma transgender wants to go into the UFC and fight woman.
    is it right for her to fight women? should she?

i am not sure if this is a discussion for trans-equality. well it is. i'm sure this would break barriers. but wouldn't fallon fox pre-estrogen treatment have a physical advantage over her female opponents? i believe they are/have been checking her estrogen/testosterone levels for her to fight. i think she should be able to fight if those levels are "balanced out" - i stand corrected - shes been taking them for 10 years.

i wonder how many lgbtqetc. will start coming out in sports.

damn she KOed her opponent in 39 secs

" I say no people who were born male should not be allowed to fight those who were born women. My position is not based on their being transgender. It's based on the fact that no matter how much hormone replacement therapy a male undergoes, a male to female trangered person will alway have an unfair physical advantage over an actual woman. Reasigning a man's winky to look like a vag doesn't reduce his physical advantages over women. Hence, the reason why this guy is "so dominant" over his female challengers. It's not that he's actually being challenged. It basically a case of them allowing a boy to beat up on a girl. And that's just pathetic.

Those born as males (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other males and those born as women (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other women. "
    If the estrogen levels are similar to a woman's, what's the problem? It's not bone structure that gives way to strength...it's all that testosterone. That's what builds bulk and strength, which is why women bodybuilders can't bulk up like men without taking steroids. That chick who was in Million Dollar Baby used to whip her opponents in seconds too (sorry can't remember her name right now). She was all woman. Now, if the league is testing Fox's hormone levels and making sure she is on the same wave as the women, then whatev. More power to her. We could stand a bit less prejudice in the world.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soapinphilly View Post
    I have to ask is ANYBODY upset that Korea said they gonna turn NYC into a fireball...and our dumbazz prez signing a "violence-against-women-bill" with a buncha folks in costumes...Something ain't right about this guy...if someone was outsida yo momma house talking bout they gonna burn it down what would you do.

I met with a group of business people today, 2 blacks one white...ERRBODY was disappointed in Barack...so I know I ain't crazy....
    Maybe you ain't been listening to the right ppl, cuz yesterday I heard on the radio (NPR) that N. Korea ain't being ignored and it was pointed out that they would be committing suicide should they even attempt such a folly. Whatchu want the Pres to do? Get on camera and go all gangsta on the mufferhumpers? Yeah, that would be real presidential. I'm sure if he pulled his big guns out his saggy drawers like that, more than 3 ppl gonna be mightily disappointed in our Pres.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Micheli View Post
    Maybe you ain't been listening to the right ppl, cuz yesterday I heard on the radio (NPR) that N. Korea ain't being ignored and it was pointed out that they would be committing suicide should they even attempt such a folly. Whatchu want the Pres to do? Get on camera and go all gangsta on the mufferhumpers? Yeah, that would be real presidential. I'm sure if he pulled his big guns out his saggy drawers like that, more than 3 ppl gonna be mightily disappointed in our Pres.
    Yes he should get on TV and say something...
    Instigating and waiting for the REVOLUTION to begin!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's probably taking cues from the rest of the world...let the UN sanctions demonstrate just how much of a threat N Korea is NOT. Meanwhile, in S.Korea all anyone can talk about is Dennis Rodman...

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Da phoque he was doing there in North Korea the first place?

Blog - Twitter - Ravelry - Pinterest
    To those of you who've been digging through Celebrerie archives and liking my posts, thank you

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no idea, but he has been embarrasing black folks mightily...

Living abroad? Thinking of moving, or just moved back? Check out the Expat Nappies group!

Don't forget to THANK PANK!

7. Likes Karibana liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Be wary of smart "black" folks who believe there are no racial issues in america...

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vavoon View Post
    so fallon fox, an mma transgender wants to go into the UFC and fight woman.
    is it right for her to fight women? should she?

i am not sure if this is a discussion for trans-equality. well it is. i'm sure this would break barriers. but wouldn't fallon fox pre-estrogen treatment have a physical advantage over her female opponents? i believe they are/have been checking her estrogen/testosterone levels for her to fight. i think she should be able to fight if those levels are "balanced out" - i stand corrected - shes been taking them for 10 years.

i wonder how many lgbtqetc. will start coming out in sports.

damn she KOed her opponent in 39 secs

" I say no people who were born male should not be allowed to fight those who were born women. My position is not based on their being transgender. It's based on the fact that no matter how much hormone replacement therapy a male undergoes, a male to female trangered person will alway have an unfair physical advantage over an actual woman. Reasigning a man's winky to look like a vag doesn't reduce his physical advantages over women. Hence, the reason why this guy is "so dominant" over his female challengers. It's not that he's actually being challenged. It basically a case of them allowing a boy to beat up on a girl. And that's just pathetic.

Those born as males (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other males and those born as women (regardless of their sexual preference or gender reasignment) should only fight other women. "

Thanks for this. I've played roller derby, a hard-hitting, contact sport primarily played by women. I don't know how many people are familiar with it here, but it having great physical strength is a huge asset. It doesn't make one a great player, but it makes one a very hard hitter.

I've played with and against transwomen and have seen them play. There are people in the derby world who believe that they have no place in the sport for the same reasons some have expressed here. They don't believe they should be playing with biological females because they would retain that strength advantage. This runs against what I've seen and experienced.

The transwomen of derby run a scale from physically weak to very strong and from not that skilled to greatly skilled. This would be true of everyone, regardless of gender. Not everyone's amazing and not everyone's strong. I'm not large or small, myself. I'm a naturally strong, 5'5" 155 lb bio female and I've skated with transwomen larger and smaller, stronger and weaker than me. I've seen transwomen be knocked around and knock people around. Some stand out for being strong, some for being fast, or agile, or whatever skill they bring to the table. Some (a lot of women, actually- bio or trans) bring in prior athletic experience- some high school, college, pro, a few Olympic, or world amateur. My point is that watching transwomen and biologically female women skate against each other is not like watching an elephant against a mouse.

There are so many variables: natural talent, strength, speed, agility, experience, brains, working out consistently, training regimen, coaching, determination. These things determine an effective player. If you're lacking in some, then being a transwoman wouldn't make up. I don't even understand how it would.

I think most of the people I've played with or have watched have had their testosterone and estrogen levels brought to regular female levels. If not, I should have been handled easily at their whim according to some people here.

NO, derby is not MMA and nobody gets paid, but people have argued against transwomen and coed and intergender derby bouts before for the same reasons. And yet there's some good competitive stuff out there.

I think strength has more to do with testosterone than bone structure. Reducing it reduces your strength and muscle potential. Bigger usually means stronger, but not always.

Sidenote: There are intergender MMA fights. Old news. Bio women have beaten bio men before, even if in the minority. I can't talk about potential steroid use, but wins happen. Let her fight who ever the hell.
    Last edited by Ororo; 03-14-2013 at 06:43 AM.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We need our own, seriously we need to build our own things, focus on our own achievement, change our own or else we will be left behind.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast