Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Headaches/Migraines

Since I turned 40 5 years ago it's one thing after another.... now it's migraines...sitting in my left temple relentlessly, sometimes feels better when I eat and take migraine meds but not enough to provide consistent relief, so I went to my neurologist to make sure it's not anything related to hypertension or intracranial pressure, etc...and got the all clear, and then he prescribes Topamax...well I read the side effects and was lerry but anyhoo within an hour of taking the pill I was nauseous and remained so ALL night and the mild headache I had got worse, so disaster! I read that it can take 30-60 days for it to "work" but on top of the nausea, memory loss, tingling sensations, etc..I'm like shoot I may as well deal with the throbbing temple then all this mess!

So, I've resolved to continue working out (which is new for me in the new year) the nausea almost kept me from the workout this morning but I pressed my way, eat properly as I know I don't eat right all the time and maybe some of the crap I do eat is a trigger for these headaches. The doc also said they could be also be spawn of the sleep apnea, I did go from severe to moderate apneas but I don't use the c-pap ....cause tied up to a darth vader contraption every night is not the most restful thing but I know I have to so I'm going back to the sleep center for another test and start using the c-pap if it will provide me a more restful sleep and cure my headache issue...guess we'll see, has anyone cured their headaches/migraines holistically without over the counter or prescribed meds??
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My headache issues go back to when I was a teenager. I know for me a lot of my headaches are blood pressure related as I tend to run on the high side. That being said, how are your teeth and when was the last time you went in for a dental check up? Do you grind your teeth or anything similar?

I've yet to find a holistic or natural way to deal with my headaches but I find restful sleep (not the stop, start, stop start kind) makes a helluva a difference. Problem for me though, is I cannot always get restful sleep, and in fact, it seems to be far and few between....

Hope you find something that works for you, and if you do....please share it with the rest of us.
    Revelation 21:4 - Psalm 51 - Psalm 121 - Ephesians
    (All words typed above are my experience and/or opinion, please feel free to agree or disagree....just please, do so without malice.)
    Loc'ed: 19/NOV/08 - Love ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~NP Convert since 06/08

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one thing I hadn't done was taken any "sinus headache" meds and did so last nite and haven't felt better in months....I figure since my nose ain't running and I'm not congested that it couldn't possibly be sinus but maybe...all I know is I woke up and wanted to hop, skip and jump out of bed and finally felt like I actually had a decent sleep....nonetheless I'm still going to keep my sleep center appt because I know the more REM sleep I get the better and if I'm still having several apneas through the night it's not a good thing and I don't want to be medicated just to get to sleep....one day at a time I'll provide updates as I know more...
    "The soul takes flight to the world that is invisible, but there arriving she is sure of bliss and forever dwells in paradise." - Plato

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've been dealing with headaches a lot too. sometimes it's sinus-related, sometimes it's not. but sinus issues are NO JOKE!! i have even had my gums/teeth aching, thinking for sure it was god-forbid a cavity, only to find out it was sinus related!!!! girl, getting older aint for the weak at heart!! LOL!!
    http://members.fotki.com/bellazaina/

We are creations of God...why let man define us when man did not create us?

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ tell me about it! One of my Aunties always told me that your body will start talking to you after 40 and MAKE you listen.....she neva lied....

6. Likes Bella13 liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still going to see the ENT about my sinuses but I've pretty much summized that the headaches are brought on by lack of sleep, I got 3 hours of sleep Wednesday nite and thursday morning that dull ache returned...Friday nite I went to bed early and got 8+ hours and Saturday morning my head was fine and been good since! I'll try to see if there are any other triggers but that seems to be it....

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do get migraine headaches occasionally now but nothing like when I was younger, a.k.a. my forties. Some of my triggers were chocolate, most cured meats, stress, and dehydration. And I'm sure my fluctuating hormones had a lot to do with it. I'd have to drink lots of water, darken the room, and get in bed to get rid of the headache/nausea. And sometimes I did have to take an over the counter medication. But I never went to the doctor because I hate taking meds. Now, I very rarely eat lunch meat/bacon because I read that nitrates are often a trigger for migraines. My eating habits aren't great but I do eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.
    BC'd: June 2010
    Last perm: End of 2009

Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe that I've had maybe 2 migraines my whole life. My doctor told me as such when I came in complaining of terrific head pain and light sensitivity. I don't remember what the triggers were, it's been awhile since the last one.

Most of the time, whenever I had a headache (like now), it's due in large part to allergy triggers. The bad news is that this is probably the worst allergy season in years in central OH. It's not enough to take an allergy pill, sinus spray and eye drops.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KoilyLocGirl View Post
    My headache issues go back to when I was a teenager. I know for me a lot of my headaches are blood pressure related as I tend to run on the high side. That being said, how are your teeth and when was the last time you went in for a dental check up? Do you grind your teeth or anything similar?

I've yet to find a holistic or natural way to deal with my headaches but I find restful sleep (not the stop, start, stop start kind) makes a helluva a difference. Problem for me though, is I cannot always get restful sleep, and in fact, it seems to be far and few between....

Hope you find something that works for you, and if you do....please share it with the rest of us.

All symptoms (headaches, sleep issues, etc.) have an underlying cause or causes. So if you still haven't found a holistic solution, don't give up :-)

You may want to consider having a chiropractic exam. If you have health insurance, it will probably be covered. Many people only associate chiropractic therapy with back problems, but misalignment of your spine can lead to headaches and neck tension as well.

Other things to explore would be stress levels, food sensitivites, hormonal imbalances, detoxification, and the integrity of your intestinal barrier.

Every system in our body works together and when one thing is out of balance or functioning improperly, it can cause a ripple effect of problems with symptoms that sometimes seem completely unrelated to the root problem.
    Last edited by CamilleDangerfield; 06-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    "Health is a natural state. If you have sickness, remove the causes." - Dr. Graham

For FREE tips, resources, and classes on living naturally well, visit [url]www.CamilleDangerfield.com[/url]

11. Thanks KoilyLocGirl thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Headaches/Migraines

Well, I can tell you a little something about headaches, I have epilepsy, chronic migraine/aura and cranial pressure. I had a stroke at 34 years old and I am home on disability, trying to get life together. my migraines are no joke. I am current at about 4-5 week.I have head a concurrent headache for 3.5 years.. I am currently trying to drop weight and change eating habits so I can get my medicine lower. I found I had a MSG allergies, so that will change a lot. I have tried every med you can think about and currently did a round of botox, that made my migraines worse and now I have neck and back spasms. So now it is all about detoxification and trying some holistic approaches.
    BC - 1996
    Locs -12/04
    2 - 5 inch trims
    Current -WL/TB

Blessings, Wiz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]