Ampro Shine n Jam Silk Edges
Manufacturer: Ampro

The perfect product for your edges is the newest addition to the award winning Shine ‘n Jam line of conditioning gels, Shine ‘n Jam – Silk Edges! Just as its name states, there’s real silk inside this conditioning gel. Your edges will remain as smooth as silk while delivering the strongest hold of the Shine ‘n Jam line.

Shine ‘n Jam – Silk Edges is perfect for use on relaxed, natural or color treated hair. It’s also perfect for soft hold styles and for those who like to smooth the edges of their natural tresses.

Shine ‘n Jam – Silk Edges is free of alcohol, parabens and protein.

User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  2
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 5 out of 5 rating for Ampro Shine n Jam Silk Edges

Got this at a natural hair meet up today in the free product grab bag. Early in my natural journey, I tried several products that were supposedly formulated to smoothe and hold your edges down. My hair is very dense, coarse and wirey, and nothing I've ever tried has worked. I've long since given up. So I don't know what made me even choose this product. I actually applied it at the gathering, figuring that once it started to dry it would begin lifting.

Well that was around 5 p.m. this afternoon, and I'm happy to report my edges look fantastic some six hours later. I'm just shocked and I haven't even had to tie my edges down. My edges finally have that finished look I've always wanted, and they've even held up through several head-sweating hot flashes. Now I'm not sure how well my edges will hold up during the heat and humidity of the summer, but for right now, this stuff is a major keeper.

So, I'ma have to give this product two thumbs up and five stars. I'll recommend this to anyone who has never had any success finding a product that could smoothe and hold their edges for hours.

If you try it, please come back and let me know if you like the product and how well it worked for you.

2. Thanks deecoily thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ampro Shine n Jam Silk Edges

Two years later, and I'm still using it. Love this stuff. I usually buy four or five jars at a time at Walmart for about $2.76 a pop. Since I swim nearly every day now, it fits right in with my needs because it rinses out easily before I get in the pool.
    It also doesn't flake like a regular gel does but it has mega holding power for smoothing my hair into a puff. The hold lasts all day (and several days if I need it to. All I have to do is lightly reapply in the morning to refresh my puff.
    Michael Nathan White * My big brother * 1953-2011* Happy Birthday Michael
    June 24th
    We really, really, really miss you!

4. Likes LBellatrix, deecoily liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Ampro Shine n Jam Silk Edges

I used it when I was loose, I like it and the ingredients are cool. No build up problems. Just not a lot comes in the jar, so I used it sparingly.