Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe I'll try cornrowing on damp hair. This whole trying to to get dry, stretched hair thing isn't working.

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb

I'm noticing some changes around here. Coconut oil and other oils are actually available at my regular grocery store. The tangle teezer is no longer unique. Goody has the TangleFix and I even saw the Hair Bean at the dollar store. That takes some pressure off my wallet in case I want to try that kind of brush.

3. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had a coupon for JoAnn's fabric. Got some stretchy jersey in four colours. Time to practice headwraps.
    http://www.faniq.com/images/blog/Geo...on%20Dance.gif
    Why, yes! I am happy! How did you know?

5. Likes KinkyChica, KreativeKoils, hivierhair liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 1 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

finally finished taking all them damn braids out. i can definitely say i'm not doing mini braids again. i will do twists and medium braids when i don't give a damn but no more mini braids. it was too much taking them down this time.

with my hair it seems like the front and sides grew pretty well but in the back area nothing happened. anyways i'm gonna keep moving right along. i know i'm doing right by my hair. i had very few single strand knots and splits. and the strands look great all the way through meaning no weak points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]just want to say thanks to my angel whoever you are. thanks for making me pretty in pank

Yo I beez bloggin' check me at vivalaunderdog.tumblr.com (I finally made it happen).

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had a setback. Been neglecting my hair at night. Shedding sadness and split-end madness.

8. Likes KreativeKoils liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's okay FuzzySlippers, I'm in basically the same backsliding with my hair. I had a two strand flat twist bun a week ago, I took it down, and I've had it in a puff (uncovered) for far too many days. I mean, I was so lazy that I just put some conditioner in it, used my sister's brush and made it look cute. I knew I was just passing the time until my behind has to do it, and I've finally stopped neglecting it. Since it smells kinda funny (like bad oils, I dunno what I did to have that happen), and I know I have the ill buildup, I'm going to do a scalp scrub (my oil mix and sugar with a hint of shampoo), condition, and possibly put it into another two strand flat twist bun.

On the up side, I'm getting some crocheting supplies, so I will be making myself at least one slouchy beanie, since I love the look, need the cover, and don't have any plain black ones. I can't wait to make it and post it for y'all ladies.
    I would like to say thank you to whomever it was out there that PANKED me! You're a true blessing

Search for a kingdom worthy of your soul

http://public.fotki.com/KreativeKoils/current-styles/

10. Thanks fuzzy_slippers thanked for this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm deciding whether I should attempt to style my hair on Friday. It has been a month and I want to try styling on wet/damp hair. But I have to get up early on Saturday morning.... It would be nice to have Saturday free in case things done work well. Maybe I'll just do a section?

I got my hands on some virgin, unrefined coconut oil! The stuff I had before was refined. I am loving the coconut smell!

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tangle teaser saved the day again. I've ordered a tangle wrangler. I love my TT, but it doesn't have a handle. Gets a little slippery.

13. Likes Ororo liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm thinking about protective styling for a while. I prepooed my hair with myhoneychild's honey hair mask. Then I shampooed with Chagrin valleys herb garden bar. Then deep conditioned with Myhoneychild's coconut papaya hair paste. After washing that out I put my leave in in and sealed with unrefined avocado oil(the dark green kind). I put my hair into 19 braids. I'm thinking about doing this every time I wash and leaving it like that for the week. I want to get to bra strap length by December. So I need to give my hair a rest from the wash and goes and stuff.

15. Likes amourese liked this post
    Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got in a good detangling session with the tangle teaser. The tangle wrangler arrived the next day. So no review on it yet. And If I do use it soon, my hair will still be pretty tangle-free and stretched from french braids and flattwists.

Bought some Gro-Aut last week. http://www.gro-aut.com

It's a very runny oil and slightly tingly. I've gone back to oil-washing my hair. The Lush shampoo and conditioner felt nice, but my hair was very dry and tight afterwards. I "wash" my hair with castor & almond oil, rinse with warm water, then give myself a scalp massage and seal with the gro-aut.

17. Likes hivierhair liked this post
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast